Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2021, 12:21 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Not everything is a massive conspiracy. Start by admitting republicans lost. Legally. Be self-critical. What do republicans need to do to become more attractive to a wider audience?
Aren't you the person who said that they need a court case in order to believe something is true?

About that "be self-critical" advice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Do you even know what 'fortification' means?
Do you even know what 'sarcasm' is?

Old 03-10-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
The legality of it is an issue for the courts to decide.
They punted. Offered no decision. And no, that's not the same thing as ruling on the merits, if you know what that means.

Quote:
But there is no evidence that any of the above resulted in fraud or error.
Read a book on vote fraud. ANY book about it. By ANY author. Written at ANY time.

Mail in ballots are *THE* best vehicle for fraud. This isn't disputed by anyone who understands the issue. You'd appear to be much smarter on the internet if you stopped saying things like the above. Sincere advice.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Exactly! Thank you. Voting and elections no longer matter. We have lost that institution to fraud and corruption. .
There's only one person in this thread who didn't understand what you meant, and she still doesn't, even after having it literally spelled out for her.

She reminds me of my oldest son. When he's wrong about something, he'll dig in his heels and refuse to accept it, even after having direct evidence put in front of him. He offers wild and literally unbelievable explanations for mundane mistakes, instead of just owning them. Difference between them is that in most cases, he'll eventually apologize for being an ass.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:50 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
There's only one person in this thread who didn't understand what you meant, and she still doesn't, even after having it literally spelled out for her.

She reminds me of my oldest son. When he's wrong about something, he'll dig in his heels and refuse to accept it, even after having direct evidence put in front of him. He offers wild and literally unbelievable explanations for mundane mistakes, instead of just owning them. Difference between them is that in most cases, he'll eventually apologize for being an ass.
As Yuri Bezmenov would say, "That's the tragedy of ideological subversion."

Old 03-10-2021, 12:54 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
They only way you could win was to illegally change voting laws and use a global pandemic as a political weapon.
aka-hey we made it easier to vote by mail in the middle of a pandemic because we want to save lives is "using it as a political weapon"

Quote:
Here's some chit for you to ponder, Sherlock:
Oh this should be fun.
Quote:
Voting isn't supposed to be THAT easy
Says...who? Ahh...right, its about the "right" people voting huh?

Quote:
There's supposed to be a system in place that alllows for verification of people voting LEGALLY.
Actually oddly no, its left up to the states. Remember states rights?

Quote:
Of people being verified as being American citizens.
Again-see states rights. But good news, most states care about this, and non citizens voting is incredibly rare.

Quote:
Of not voting twice or in two or more locations.
You mean like Trump told people too? Turns out that despite Trumps attempts to encourage people to vote multiple times, most systems in place caught the issue.
Quote:
Of actually being alive.
Cool story bro.

Quote:
That's why many countries don't allow mail in ballots.
yawn. Many countries dont have massive databases of its citizens, or even id. your point misses the real reason many dont have mail in ballots.

Old 03-10-2021, 03:20 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Fail. We had the best candidate. Y'all cheated, manipulated and fortified the election and will do the same again in the future...i.e. illegals voting, prisoners voting, dead people voting, people voting many times under different names due to no ID required, etc but y'all won't win again. We see how crazy y'all are so get as much crazy in now in the 2 years ya got because things will change back to 'NORMAL'.
Nope.
The courts said 100 times none of that happened.

What did happen was your candidate lost. He wasn't as good as you thought he was.

Don't worry about it. In 4 years things will be a lot more normal than they are now simply because Trump isn't there to keep generating the crazy 24/7/365 like he was for the past 4 years.

Old 03-10-2021, 03:27 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Sure, voting is the main way to fight back but that's in the future. We need to do something now.

We should start our own list of cancelled words. Sure, they won't get removed from the dictionary or dem msm or retailers won't report on it or remove ads with the word but who cares. Let's just start our own list of words republicans refuse to use and add some words. Distribute and lets get together and fight back on this. We can have our own language and let them adapt.

Biden doesn't want us to say China Virus. Anytime we want to say Virus, let's add China in front of it.

Anytime we want to say Biden, let's call him Dementia Joe or maybe even Idiot.

Anytime we want to talk about Kamallaa, let's spell her name wrong. She hates that.

Any words we can cancel?

Let's find ways to fight back on the crazy.
The goal is to destroy all of our institutions, I’d start there by not helping them carry that out. I think the main thing to do right this second is for anyone that wants to know why there’s even a cancel culture to look into Critical Race Theory and how it plays out into the cancel culture. I think the liberal left will join forces against the illiberal left if they understand the goals of the Crits. Otherwise CRT is a ratcheting ideology that doesn’t give a single inch and takes any inch not guarded over as if it meant the whole country depends on it.

So that’s what I see. Cancel culture isn’t some random set of events and people that just happens to be taking some of your favorite past times away, it’s a calculated attempt to undermine your institutions one by one until there’s no cultural hegemony to keep the revolution from being ushered in.

https://newdiscourses.com/

Old 03-10-2021, 04:52 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,916,627 times
Quote:
Do you even know what 'sarcasm' is?
To be clear, are you saying you trust your own opinion over the results of court cases when it comes to legal matters?

Old 03-10-2021, 04:56 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,916,627 times
Quote:
Aren't you the person who said that they need a court case in order to believe something is true?

About that "be self-critical" advice...
With respect, you seem to have missed the point. Back to the original topic. What can republican do to change things? Admit they lost a legal election, as was proven in court. Be self-critical. Realize the GOP's platform isn't attractive to most people. Work to put up candidates for election that are more aligned with what this country wants and needs.

And no, I do not trust my personal opinions over the results of court cases in legal matters. Further, if the party I back loses an election, I don't make up conspiracy theories about fraud. I think about what my party can change to improve the candidates we put up for the next election. This is actually pretty straight forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies