Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2021, 05:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Sure, voting is the main way to fight back but that's in the future. We need to do something now.

We should start our own list of cancelled words. Sure, they won't get removed from the dictionary or dem msm or retailers won't report on it or remove ads with the word but who cares. Let's just start our own list of words republicans refuse to use and add some words. Distribute and lets get together and fight back on this. We can have our own language and let them adapt.

Biden doesn't want us to say China Virus. Anytime we want to say Virus, let's add China in front of it.

Anytime we want to say Biden, let's call him Dementia Joe or maybe even Idiot.

Anytime we want to talk about Kamallaa, let's spell her name wrong. She hates that.

Any words we can cancel?

Let's find ways to fight back on the crazy.
Fight alleged crazy by being crazy is crazy. Why not remove the crazy in the Republican party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 05:09 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
To be clear, are you saying you trust your own opinion over the results of court cases when it comes to legal matters?
LOL.

You insist on asking stupid questions, in some kind of attempt to best me on this subject.

Just stop now. You’re WAY behind. You just don’t know it. The proof is in your quote above.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:13 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
With respect, you seem to have missed the point. Back to the original topic. What can republican do to change things? Admit they lost a legal election, as was proven in court. Be self-critical. Realize the GOP's platform isn't attractive to most people. Work to put up candidates for election that are more aligned with what this country wants and needs.

And no, I do not trust my personal opinions over the results of court cases in legal matters. Further, if the party I back loses an election, I don't make up conspiracy theories about fraud. I think about what my party can change to improve the candidates we put up for the next election. This is actually pretty straight forward.
Look, I’m not going to rehash what has already been hashed. If you have nothing new to add, just stop posting.

And I’ll bottom line my point in our interactions for you, again. The cases WERE NOT HEARD, for the most part, therefore NOTHING WAS “PROVEN IN COURT.”

Your lack of understanding of that basic legal fact is why your position is completely absurd. But your arrogance isn’t letting you accept that you don’t understand the situation, and that your opponent might understand it better than you, so you persist in saying factually untrue things and being damn sure that you’re right about them.

Just stop.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:15 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
All we have to do is sit back, pelosi clearly stated she was waiting to see who won the election.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:37 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,340,968 times
Stop making excuses for starters. Muh fraud, muh immigration, those can be overcome, and it starts at the local level.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:40 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,916,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Look, I’m not going to rehash what has already been hashed. If you have nothing new to add, just stop posting.

And I’ll bottom line my point in our interactions for you, again. The cases WERE NOT HEARD, for the most part, therefore NOTHING WAS “PROVEN IN COURT.”

Your lack of understanding of that basic legal fact is why your position is completely absurd. But your arrogance isn’t letting you accept that you don’t understand the situation, and that your opponent might understand it better than you, so you persist in saying factually untrue things and being damn sure that you’re right about them.

Just stop.
Sorry for the confusion, I'll be more clear. The cases presented over the last few months claiming fraud were not won. There was no fraud in the 2020 election, as is seen by the repeated failed legal attempts made. To repeat what I said, I'm not foolish enough to think my opinion is more informed than the results of dozens of court cases. If you feel differently, that's fine.

Just because republicans lost an election does not mean there's a grand conspiracy. It just means they lost. You and I talking is getting nowhere. We can agree to disagree here. Best of luck to you!

Old 03-10-2021, 06:24 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, I'll be more clear. The cases presented over the last few months claiming fraud were not won. There was no fraud in the 2020 election, as is seen by the repeated failed legal attempts made. To repeat what I said, I'm not foolish enough to think my opinion is more informed than the results of dozens of court cases. If you feel differently, that's fine.

Just because republicans lost an election does not mean there's a grand conspiracy. It just means they lost. You and I talking is getting nowhere. We can agree to disagree here. Best of luck to you!
There was a grand conspiracy, they admitted it.

“This is the inside story of the conspiracy...

That’s why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream–a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it.

In a way, Trump was right.

There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs. Both surprises were the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans. The pact was formalized in a terse, little-noticed joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO published on Election Day. Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargain–inspired by the summer’s massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protests–in which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy.”

https://archive.vn/Eewx2#selection-1909.0-1909.413

The Lost Year™

Old 03-10-2021, 08:10 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Welp, not much, Republicans are about 10% as good at the political-game as the
politically-brilliant Dems.

More and more major population-centers are controlled by Dems, that means they are winning the war, no two ways about it.

Old 03-10-2021, 08:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Stop making excuses for starters. Muh fraud, muh immigration, those can be overcome, and it starts at the local level.
Yeah and they are fighting the problems with voting the wrong way. Republicans are just taking away the right to vote.

Old 03-10-2021, 08:26 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,361,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Y'all feeling good about all the illegals flooding in? That's must really make your heart feel good to see American go down hill so fast. Of course you love it because it's more votes. Y'all will never say anything negative about it or call it a crisis even thought highways are having to be shut down, too many coming in at once and some with Covid, etc.

I'm sorry but y'all are the most hypocritical bunch of people. Heil Biden. lol He can't even function. Put the guy in front of Republican media.

Psaki excuse for it not happening: Well, he has been giving 40 Q&A a month so why do you need more than that. Hilarious. Y'all are so clueless and dumb to think people don't know better and are sick of y'all's excuses for a man with dementia as president. Other countries have to be laughing at us.
You sound like a brain surgeon, diddlydudette. But look, the Stock market is at all time highs. Covid under control and vaccinations on the rise. No slamming people during press conferences. No attempted coups. No mass resignation of cabinet members. Your Trump guy will be in prison soon on tax charges. All is right with the world, right Diddly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies