Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 09:49 AM

20,957 posts, read 5,530,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You are just being silly. This is like flailing one's arms in the darkness. Wake up and smell the covfefe.

The Republican party is nearly dead on the national stage, it is retreating into a regional ineffective fringe group. That is a serious problem. Trump and people like you killed it.

If you want to save the party and affect the future direction of this country for the better look in the mirror and stop falling for those internet hoaxes that color your perception of the world. You have no idea what is really happening nor who your real friends and allies are. You just want to insult people.

@diddlydudette, did you ever read the actual explanation of the covfefe thing? It's interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
WHAT are you talking about?

I am not changing anything, I did a cut and paste of the entire post we're discussing, making no changes.

This is ridiculous.

You are wrong.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:51 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,701,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Put up better candidates in elections. Start by divorcing yourselves from Trump and his family.
Who shall now be known as "He who must not be named" Which could work for Dementia Joe too, now that I think about it.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:51 AM

18,337 posts, read 26,427,339 times
Quote:
How can you evaluate the evidence, if the courts say there is none?

How do YOU personally evaluate this evidence, when no court has accepted and believed it?

What will you say when (if) Dominion wins in court, proving the allegations of fraud against them were false?
The courts are as political as any other branch of government. Their word is no more valid than anyone else's. Remember that appeal to authority is a logical fallacy. I don't believe a single judge in this country would have the courage to overturn the election regardless of how much evidence there was. It would spark riots and likely civil war overnight. But we're just on the slow lane to that end now instead of the fast lane.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:53 AM

35,522 posts, read 17,818,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The courts are as political as any other branch of government. Their word is no more valid than anyone else's. Remember that appeal to authority is a logical fallacy. I don't believe a single judge in this country would have the courage to overturn the election regardless of how much evidence there was. It would spark riots and likely civil war overnight. But we're just on the slow lane to that end now instead of the fast lane.
It appears there's a faction in the US, alarmingly large, who have the same mentality.

That NO ONE is believed, unless they agree with Trump.

No one. Not the courts, not the CDC, not the mainstream media, not the traditional republicans in office, no one.

NO ONE except Trump is to be believed. And that's terribly dangerous. And THAT is putting us in the fast lane for destruction. If every piece of information has to be filtered through one narcissist, for a significant portion of the country to believe it, we're sunk.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:54 AM

23,666 posts, read 23,982,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Evidence of fraud was evaluated by our legal system, no systemic fraud was found for the 2020 presidential election. What on earth are you talking about?

No, I am not stupid or arrogant enough to think in my reading articles and watching youtube videos that I have more information than the dozens upon dozens of lawsuits that were presented (and dismissed) by our legal system claiming fraud following this election.
Then perhaps it's your ignorance of the details of those dismissals, or your lack of understanding of the basics of how a case works through the legal system.

Regardless, we're done. Have a wonderful day.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:56 AM

34,274 posts, read 19,312,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Then perhaps it's your ignorance of the details of those dismissals, or your lack of understanding of the basics of how a case works through the legal system.
Ah yes, call the other person ignorant, but then fail to actually prove anything. Much how you seem to think the law should work.

Quote:
Regardless, we're done. Have a wonderful day.
And then run away. Go you!

Old 03-10-2021, 09:56 AM

23,666 posts, read 23,982,865 times
Quote:
WHAT are you talking about?

I am not changing anything, I did a cut and paste of the entire post we're discussing, making no changes.

This is ridiculous.
Wow. Yeah, it *IS* ridiculous.

Ok.

His quote, which you even just re-posted, is below, just above what you misquoted him as saying:

"we lost the ballot box"
"we lost at the ballot box"

Do you see the difference? Do I have to change font colors or something? Do you understand how you changed the meaning?

Jesus Christ. Yes, RIDICULOUS. Damn.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:

Ok.

His quote, which you even just re-posted, is below, just above what you misquoted him as saying:

"we lost the ballot box"

Do you see the difference? Do I have to change font colors or something? Do you understand how you changed the meaning?

Rules for thee, not for me.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:59 AM

35,522 posts, read 17,818,962 times
Quote:

Ok.

"we lost the ballot box"

No, I don't see a difference in meaning. I see the word "at" that's different, but the meaning isn't different.

We lost the ballot box and we lost at the ballot box mean the same thing.

We lost the game, and we lost at the game mean the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies