Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2021, 10:59 AM

29,470 posts, read 14,639,119 times

Advertisements

Anyone listening in on this ? They hyperbole that some of these politicians are spewing, trying to make the passing of this bill look like it will be the single most greatest event this country has ever seen. It's so cringworthy.

https://youtu.be/zRHCmgtJJ80
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 11:00 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
just as cringeworthy as other politicians saying that it gives money to prisoners...after having done so twice prior with not a peep.

In the end, its a needed stimulus if nothing else. Probably not the worst thing, but not the greatest either. Economists seem to think its a good deal.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
just as cringeworthy as other politicians saying that it gives money to prisoners...after having done so twice prior with not a peep.

In the end, its a needed stimulus if nothing else. Probably not the worst thing, but not the greatest either. Economists seem to think its a good deal.
I was against how all the other ones were handled as well. If these "stimulus" bills really helped, why are we watching another one being voted on ? And yet, every business owner and contractor I've talked to, are struggling, not because of the pandemic, but because they can't find anyone to work.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:05 AM

1,480 posts, read 479,560 times
They are just pokin' the pig. They can put all the lipstick on it they want. It is all pork and scraps.

This country has accumulated a debt that it can never repay.

Last edited by chief scum; 03-10-2021 at 11:25 AM..

Old 03-10-2021, 11:10 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I was against how all the other ones were handled as well. If these "stimulus" bills really helped, why are we watching another one being voted on ? And yet, every business owner and contractor I've talked to, are struggling, not because of the pandemic, but because they can't find anyone to work.
Because without them there would be a even worse situation. If they cant find people to work, might I suggest paying more? Thats the supply and demand equation. If their competition cant find employees, they cant compete, thus prices go up, and you pay your employees more.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:12 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Money for the people who need it instead of wealthy corporate donors. It is truly un-American!

Old 03-10-2021, 11:17 AM

2,400 posts, read 782,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Money for the people who need it instead of wealthy corporate donors. It is truly un-American!
It ISN"T money for Americans who need it, it is mostly money for corrupt unions, city and state governments. PORK. You'll be paying this off for decades.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:18 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Many industries are still hampered by covid and the fallout. Restaurants obviously, but so many are disrupted by supply chain problems and the deleterious impacts of Trump's disastrous tariffs (softwood for example). To make things worse, there are not enough workers for a full out economic recovery. Too many old people and not enough young ones. We have serious, economically damaging labor shortages in the sunbelt already. We are going to need to bring in immigrants. While it would be nice to see that done in an orderly fashion, Republicans are back as the party of "no" again, so Biden is just going to have to open the door and let them in.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Because without them there would be a even worse situation. If they cant find people to work, might I suggest paying more? Thats the supply and demand equation. If their competition cant find employees, they cant compete, thus prices go up, and you pay your employees more.
Right...of course , that's it ! How stupid of them. It certainly is interesting how they had no problems finding workers prior to the pandemic...

Last edited by scarabchuck; 03-10-2021 at 12:56 PM..

Old 03-10-2021, 12:36 PM

1,480 posts, read 479,560 times
The borrower is servant to the lender. And now the U.S. Government is entering bankruptcy territory.

I figure they will keep their charade going, while giving speeches with big smiles.

When you look down the road they are on, where does it lead. As those who made them their chosen follow along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies