Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 02:57 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I have asked people who I would describe as "woke" to provide me with evidence that racism had anything to do with the death of George Floyd. Since there is no evidence, the conversation is a short one.
It is hard to prove. BLM would say that this sort of thing seems to happen a lot to black men, but never to whites. That implies racial bias, but it doesn't prove that any individual case was racially motivated.

Old 03-10-2021, 02:58 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Another Democrat City killing unarmed black men. Not a whole lot different from the Democrat party of the 40s, other than FDR imprisoning Americans of Japanese descent.

Old 03-10-2021, 03:18 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
It is hard to prove. BLM would say that this sort of thing seems to happen a lot to black men, but never to whites. That implies racial bias, but it doesn't prove that any individual case was racially motivated.
I am all behind those who protests an unprovoked, intentional killing by a police officer when that police officer goes unpunished. I'm not sure how common those would be but I would guess, not very. Each would be an individual incident. I know the George Floyd protests were misguided. The Michael Brown incident, and subsequent protests of several years ago was based on misinformation. Going further back, I described the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman incident as "when two macho idiots meet and one has a gun".

Old 03-10-2021, 03:36 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdawgg View Post
You NEED to get your facts straight

First off George wasn't pointing a gun at some woman's belly when he was killed. That story has yet to be verified! Secondly he didn't OVERDOSE on anything again the medical examiners agreed that it was due to oxygen being cut off from his brain by the applied pressure of the cop.

And third-BLM doesn't want to ABOLISH the cops sure they would like to defund the police and put that money into trained experts so that when cops arrive they don't end up killing someone over something simple. And I honestly PRAY that the cops gets the maximum because NOBODY deserves to die like that!

And speaking of POS-What do you think of those distinguished citizens who on Jan6th were beating cops with Blue lives matter flag poles? Now if there EVER was POS my friend they are!!!

Would you please provide us all with a link to the autopsy? Thanks.

Old 03-10-2021, 03:40 PM

8,758 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Quote:

First off George wasn't pointing a gun at some woman's belly when he was killed. That story has yet to be verified! Secondly he didn't OVERDOSE on anything again the medical examiners agreed that it was due to oxygen being cut off from his brain by the applied pressure of the cop.

And third-BLM doesn't want to ABOLISH the cops sure they would like to defund the police and put that money into trained experts so that when cops arrive they don't end up killing someone over something simple. And I honestly PRAY that the cops gets the maximum because NOBODY deserves to die like that!

And speaking of POS-What do you think of those distinguished citizens who on Jan6th were beating cops with Blue lives matter flag poles? Now if there EVER was POS my friend they are!!!
Different time agreed. But he did put a gun to a pg women`s belly. Pure scum. If he followed the cops orders, maybe things would of been different.

Old 03-10-2021, 03:51 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Of course, it happens MORE often to whites, but who cares about the truth?

Old 03-10-2021, 03:52 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Different time agreed. But he did put a gun to a pg women`s belly. Pure scum. If he followed the cops orders, maybe things would of been different.

My God, I can't believe how they're STILL trying to make a saint out of that thug!

Old 03-10-2021, 03:54 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Default Is It Even Possible for Derick Chauvin To Get a Fair Trial??

Since the death of George Floyd, the Far Left has been on rampage. Derick Chauvin is the police officer who knelt on his neck and his trial is about to begin. I think most Americans believe that Chauvin is guilty of something, but opinions vary about exactly what crime he's guilty of.

But there's a much bigger problem. As we get ready to begin the trial, we can fully anticipate that every single juror is afraid for their life no matter what verdict they return. A verdict of "not guilty" might get them and their families lynched by the mobs gathering around the courthouse. But even a verdict of "guilty" won't satisfy the insane mob. Only the brutal execution of Derick Chauvin will satisfy them, and none of the charges have the death penalty attached, so it is absolutely impossible to please the mob. The best that the jury can hope for is to find Chauvin guilty for the worst charge possible and hope that the mob doesn't murder them and their families anyways.

Is a juror who is afraid for the lives of their families and themselves even capable of being impartial? Is it even possible to have an untainted jury? If Chauvin is found guilty because the jurors are terrified and for no other reason, can we honestly say that justice has been done?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opi...mob-looking-on

Old 03-10-2021, 03:55 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
Quote:

Lol he pointed a gun at a pregnant woman belly in a home invasion robbery and served time in prison for it.

How can you be so misinformed that you think it's something that needs to be verified?

Old 03-10-2021, 03:56 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
He followed procedure.

Democrat leadership of that city had years to change the policy. The repeatedly CHOSE not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies