Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2021, 07:58 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

65% of the country is happy about Biden's vaccine response, so that looks like unity to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2021, 09:13 AM

49 posts, read 11,246 times
We were divided before Biden, before Trump and even before Obama or Bush

Old 03-14-2021, 09:15 AM

One President doesn't unite us or divide us all by themselves, WE divide us or unite us, that's my opinion anyway

Old 03-14-2021, 09:28 AM

14,226 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
62,984,828 voted for him in 2016 thinking Hillary was inevitable. 74,216,154 voted from him during the deepest darkest part of the pandemic. However I would argue that a good number didn't like January 6th. In fact he had a 6 percent drop from right before the election (45.2%) to his last favorability poll (39.4%.) While this happened, disfavorable ratings went from 52.1% on the same November poll to 56.7%, a 4% boost. Mind you that is registered voters, all adults it is 59% dislike to 37% favorable with an increase in dislike of 5.3% from 53.7% on election day and a decrease in favorability of 4.8%, from 41.8%.

So let's say Trump has a 5% drop in supporters (we cannot tell how worse it got since his tracking ended with him leaving office so it could easily be more) his ceiling is 70m. Mind you, he has to work against Republicans who turned their backs to the working man with the stimulus vote when they voted it down because "We are doing better and didn't need one."

So yes, I do find it hard to believe that Trump has a 100% backing by his supporters. I can say I have seen less and less Trump flags on cars when I would see at least two a day. I guess they realized that it is a target for supporting an un-American who tried to upsurp an election.

Also cut the crap on "it was a peaceful protest," because walking around with zip ties is NOT peaceful. We're there peaceful members who didn't break the lines, yes. But, enough did. Just like race-baiting Sen. Johnson, you'd be all up on BLM even if they themselves didn't do it but protested at the capitol, so stop being a hypocrite. Violence is violence. I never agreed with the George Floyd riots, I just understood why they were happening because they were the same underbelly that caused the Rodney King riots. A time of economic strife for people and a racially charge assault by police. I don't like that they burnt down stores and looted others, but I can understand why they felt the need, especially in the Twin Cities. The election, I don't see it because there has been no proof of fraud that has come up in the five months after.
String up together a bunch of sentences and make up statistics from online polling doesn’t change the fact that 74 million Americans voted for Trump in 2020.

Repeat after me: 7 4 M I L L I O N S

Old 03-14-2021, 09:32 AM

And over 80 million voted for Biden

Old 03-14-2021, 09:37 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,419,042 times
We are ONLY going to know what the bias media wants us to know...Haven't you figured that out yet?

Old 03-14-2021, 09:41 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmisty10 View Post
And over 80 million voted for Biden
And the overwhelming majority voted for nobody. These posts on both sides get tiresome.

Old 03-14-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
And the overwhelming majority voted for nobody. These posts on both sides get tiresome.
I agree, but I think people want their votes to matter so I think people argue about it because it seems like some are acting as though everyones votes dont count, both sides votes matter, ALL votes count and matter, at least they all should, no matter what "side" you are on. We should all be on the same side in my opinion

Last edited by Missmisty10; 03-14-2021 at 09:58 AM..

Old 03-14-2021, 10:02 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,941 times
Quote:
I agree, but I think people want their votes to matter so I think people argue about it because it seems like some are acting as though everyone votes dont count, both sides votes matter, ALL votes count and matter, at least they all should, no matter what "side" you are on. We should all be on the same side in my opinion
They do this to misrepresent the amount of votes their guy got and somehow justify to themselves and others how they have a mandate or even simple majority. Neither Trump or Biden had even half the population’s support and maybe 25% if that. The true majority didn’t vote for either of those clowns.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:03 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
I agree, but I think people want their votes to matter so I think people argue about it because it seems like some are acting as though everyones votes dont count, both sides votes matter, ALL votes count and matter, at least they all should, no matter what "side" you are on. We should all be on the same side in my opinion

DO you think we should all have access to guns? that we should close the Border? that we should stop wasting money on other country's and take care of Americans first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies