Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 06:11 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, there will never be unity. Seeing the threads on this forum since the inauguration has cemented my beliefs about that.
There will be no unity with the left because they want to destroy everything that is good about America. They are not interested in unity, only complete domination and subjugation of any who don't support their hate filled radical agenda. If you side with the left, you are a part of the problem. To borrow a once popular leftists trope...check your moral compass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 06:31 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleebs View Post
How can remember a time that never happened? Even well before the revolution there were opposing factions, and that has continued until the present day.
In my personal experience, there was a time that we had friendly debates, agreed to disagree and still be respectful to each other. You may be a youngster and haven't had this experience but I have. Hasn't been that way in a very long time sadly

Old 03-11-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What has Biden said, or done, to divide the country? You must have seen, or heard, something that the rest of us haven't.
You don't recall him calling Trump supporters "Neanderthal's" or reversing policies that republicans and moderates agreed with just to slight Trump?

Old 03-11-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Every president except Trump, who took great joy in dividing us, and praising his half of the country and deriding the other half.

He's singular in that behavior.
Are you kidding me???? Democrats were calling for Trumps impeachment 19 MINUTES after he was elected and continued until the day he left office. He was NEVER given a chance and they "resisted" nonstop from the beginning on working with him on anything including stuff democrats agreed with. EVERYTHING he did was criticized, even the good stuff. I've asked democrats to name 3 things they felt Trump did right and not ONE will admit to anything he did was right even though there is a laundry list of his accomplishments. To be clear, I did not like him as a person but he did some really great things while he was in office and to deny that fact is just being dishonest.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:51 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
Are you kidding me???? Democrats were calling for Trumps impeachment 19 MINUTES after he was elected and continued until the day he left office. He was NEVER given a chance and they "resisted" nonstop from the beginning on working with him on anything including stuff democrats agreed with. EVERYTHING he did was criticized, even the good stuff. I've asked democrats to name 3 things they felt Trump did right and not ONE will admit to anything he did was right even though there is a laundry list of his accomplishments. To be clear, I did not like him as a person but he did some really great things while he was in office and to deny that fact is just being dishonest.
Yes, they were. They were willing to work HARD to get rid of this pox on our country.

His whole campaign was shameful, and embarrassing. And the democrats wanted him GONE.

And now, thankfully, he is.

You're right, he did accomplish a few things, such as lessening burdensome regulations on building codes, etc., but his behavior as our commander in chief was abhorrent.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:53 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I remember when he said he was going to “heal” and “unify” the country. Now we are even more divided than we were two months ago. What do you think? I think it’s all went out the door and we will continue to have deep division.
No

Old 03-11-2021, 06:59 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
There will be no unity with the left because they want to destroy everything that is good about America. They are not interested in unity, only complete domination and subjugation of any who don't support their hate filled radical agenda. If you side with the left, you are a part of the problem. To borrow a once popular leftists trope...check your moral compass.
I rest my case.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:02 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I remember when he said he was going to “heal” and “unify” the country. Now we are even more divided than we were two months ago. What do you think? I think it’s all went out the door and we will continue to have deep division.
Has he brought unity to the country? No, he hasn't even been in office for two months. The political polarization in this country goes back to Newt Gingrich when he was Speaker of the House from 1995 to 1999. Russian propaganda under the leadership of Vladimir Putin continued to drive the wedge between Americans by politicizing issues like gun control, abortion, race, education, illegal immigration, free trade, and climate change culminating in the election of Donald Trump. This country is not going to fix 26 years of division in two months.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:07 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Hard to bring unity when Republicans are voting party lines. Hard to bring unity when Republicans are censured for doing what is right and not siding with Trump. Hard to bring unity when Republicans defend the actions of the rioters and those that caused it (Trump, Biggs, Brooks, Gosar, Taylor Greene, et. all.)

Old 03-11-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes, they were. They were willing to work HARD to get rid of this pox on our country.

His whole campaign was shameful, and embarrassing. And the democrats wanted him GONE.

And now, thankfully, he is.

You're right, he did accomplish a few things, such as lessening burdensome regulations on building codes, etc., but his behavior as our commander in chief was abhorrent.
Much of his behavior was a direct result of the BS resistance he was getting from a party that REFUSED to even try to work with him from the beginning. Was he defensive? Absolutely he was because he was forced to be by the party of resistance. Had democrats worked with him, I can't even imagine what could have been accomplished during his presidency. NOW, democrats want republicans to just let by gones be by gones and forget the vitriol and hate that was displayed over the last four years and just move on? To this day, democrats are STILL hateful toward anybody that doesn't walk lock step with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies