Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 06:30 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Catholic schools are the last bastion of non woke education.
“In mid-August, I attended an online presentation by a Catholic nun on “Race and the Catholic Church.” The presenter—I’ll call her “Sister”—was a theology professor who had taught at a nearby Catholic university. I approached the conference with an open mind and heart, but was wary about the pre-event advertising. We were promised we would learn about the “eruption of racial pain after the death of George Floyd.” We were given “A Very Select List of Reading Suggestions,” mainly secular and rooted in what is known in academic circles as “critical race theory”— from authors including Ibram X. Kendi, Robin DiAngelo and Bryan Massingale. Critical race theory—a viewpoint that society is inherently racist and constructed by whites at the expense of people of color—is a dangerous and unjust attempt to divide people.”

https://www.catholicworldreport.com/...holic-schools/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 06:35 AM

“ RESOLVED, That critical race theory and intersectionality should only be employed as analytical tools subordinate to Scripture—not as transcendent ideological frameworks; and be it further”

https://www.sbc.net/resource-library...rsectionality/

The Southern Baptist were all in on CRT until they were warned about its true goals. Then they backtracked a bit but still do not see that it is a ratcheting ideology that gives no quarter in their war of position. DIE programs do not go away. They change their tactics and language a bit so as not to scare off people from the ideology but only that far. Their goals don’t change, just the speed at which they’re implemented.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:37 AM

The Trojan Horse

https://youtu.be/YDFL3xwEEG8

Old 03-11-2021, 07:18 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Hoo boy, the irony just drips in this story, doesn't it? The jokes write themselves.

These parents who have spent a fortune to shield their children from the "undesirables" of diversity, have sent their children to a school where they can't risk mentioning those undesirables. And have to express guilt about their position in society.

They'd have been better off sending their kids to public school to hobnob with the people they so disdain that they're willing to spend 50K a year to avoid.

At least then, they could behave normally and not be on pins and needles about offending this elite school, for saying something offensive about those they won't allow in.

Irony irony irony.
So clearly missed the point but there's really no point in explaining free speech to someone like you.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I literally said the exact same thing in the duplicate thread. The school itself is dripping with irony but the parents take the cake. So many layers to pull back.
Well, why don't YOU pull them back for us.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Not necessarily racism, but Elitism so high it defies logic. Even you came to that logical conclusion. But a parent actually said, their worries their child would get “blacklisted from all the other private schools”. This is West LA we are talking about. Some of the best public schools in the Nation as in top 50-100 are down the street from them. It’s one thing if we were talking about a gentrifying/revitalized core area of Central Atlanta/Dallas/Houston were a million dollar neighborhood is zoned with the poorer city center. But This region of L.A is back to back million dollar neighborhoods theirs poverty nearby but theirs plenty of amazing public schools before you start getting to the questionable ones. Same with Manhattan, although density makes it easier to get zoned to a meh school there. I’m not down with the work stuff at all, but these people interviewed.

Would rather their kids “suffer” 4 years at a woke school and say nothing publicly than put their kids in a great public school. Why? Because while their kid might graduate and earn 100,000+ a year, they won’t graduate with future movie stars, and dynastic wealthy families, or their kid might have to settle for UCLA or NYU instead of Harvard, Stanford, Yale or Princeton. But they’ll graduate with a ton of other upper middle class Americans.

This is why rich Texans are just better people. This type of behavior is nowhere as rampant in our state.
We get it. Rich people bad, right?

Old 03-11-2021, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Harvard grads of today, are not what they were 50 years ago. They are lazy, and not nearly as bright..generally speaking of course. There are still some good ones, but most of them were not born with a Silver Spoon in their mouths. They had to earn it, their parents didn't buy their way in.

While at GE, I had to train two of them to become CEO's of a GE Division, right out of Harvard grad school! I thought, geez, these guys must be really smart to go straight from college to CEO. Well, I was not impressed at all. That Division collpased after those two destroyed it, and it no longer exists today. They were both moved to other GE companies.

They were untrainable because they were lazy, would not listen to a non-Ivy League MBA'er (me), were aloof, & disinterested. Their family ties w/in GE, and family wealth, killed their motivation. Thousand's lost their jobs, when the company they tried to run, failed.

GE is full of these lazy entitled Harvard MBA'ers, and that's why GE is going down the tubes. GE is a incestuous elitist Harvard & Yale MBA infected mess.

This is why Harvard won't let many Asians in...the Asians crush their private prep-school-entitled brats, in the classroom.

Liberal polcies do not work in the long run, and the mis-education of American Elite's is killing some of America's former corporate giants....like GE.
Not ONLY GE. Diversity officers are no being installed in companies across the nation. My husband works very closely with some of the diversity hires. Some of the are subpar performers and they literally have to hire another person to do the job that person was hired to do. Mediocrity designed to kill capitalism, once and for all.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:38 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Not ONLY GE. Diversity officers are no being installed in companies across the nation. My husband works very closely with some of the diversity hires. Some of the are subpar performers and they literally have to hire another person to do the job that person was hired to do. Mediocrity designed to kill capitalism, once and for all.
This started in education, where class lessons were dummied down to the lowest performing students. Now, its infected corporate America.

Our country is failing, but its a very slow death by a million cuts.

Old 03-11-2021, 08:00 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
What needs to take place is the formation of an "insular society" comprising of those who believe in traditional rights, values, economics, and individual liberty--in the marketplace (stores, shops, services, producers, etc), in media (news, entertainment, etc), in communications (internet, radio, TV, etc), and in education (schools, colleges, internships, apprenticeships, etc). This has been fairly common through history, generally based on race, ethnicity, language, religion, and so on. Minorities of the past know all about this phenomenon. Nothing new. They tend to be closed societies existing within the larger society, and their inner workings tend to be "under the radar" of society on a whole.

The way things are going, if you want to preserve any semblance of a NORMAL lifestyle and culture, that is the direction you'll be going. Some of that is already in place. There are certainly schools and colleges already practicing traditional education and values. There are businesses that lean that direction. As for communications, that's a problem right now--someone needs to come along and fill the gap. But it can be done.

The one big thing that most people are going to have to get over is that all of this is going to cost money and personal involvement. It's going to be more expensive than goods, services, etc, already available in the marketplace and in education within our Woke/PC Nation. Sorry. That's the price of not selling yourself to Lucifer and living in what is quickly becoming a hell on earth. But it's your choice. Continue the slide into the fires or pony up and save yourself and your children... and grandchildren, great grandchildren, so on. We're at a critical point right now. It won't get any better on it's own. You'll never get NORMAL again via complacency.

Last edited by ChrisC; 03-11-2021 at 08:12 AM..

Old 03-11-2021, 08:02 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Well let me go back to my corner and keep my mouth shut seeing I am not from this rarefied environment.
No, you should not go to your corner and keep your mouth shut. You should understand that the woke takeover of elite academia is a problem for everyone, and you should speak out about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies