Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 06:19 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Oh my gosh. That is funny as heck. Apparently me as I missed that originally.

Awww did someone make a funny you didnt like?

Funny? I'd just call it a cheap shot. Y'all are very reliant on cheap shots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 06:25 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Oh my gosh. That is funny as heck. Apparently me as I missed that originally.

Awww did someone make a funny you didnt like?

Obviously the poster intended to write 150k.

That's an astonishing number considering the sort of attack campaign that President mumbles ran against a largely successful President Trump.

Anything to say for yourself?

Old 03-10-2021, 06:30 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
That's ok Donny is still in the lead (something he always likes) at 500k+.....
Nah it was 400k by the time Trump left office. After January 20th, Biden is responsible for those 150,000 deaths.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:31 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
150 deaths. That's excellent - a very low number. Who's the one with dementia?
You can’t think of a comeback so you make fun of a typo. Shows that you can’t think of anything clever.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:32 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
You can’t think of a comeback so you make fun of a typo. Shows that you can’t think of anything clever.

Cheap shot experts. What a distinction! I'm in awe!

Old 03-10-2021, 06:33 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Since liberals were always saying Trump killed people due to Covid, now it’s Biden’s turn. That mass murderer is projected to hit 150k deaths within the next week or so!

Why does he keep killing people?

It's as though he doesn't care!

Old 03-10-2021, 07:14 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Funny? I'd just call it a cheap shot. Y'all are very reliant on cheap shots.
says the guy who posted a insult to me in another thread that was so cheap I didn't even bother reporting you for it. Bwahahaha.

Seriously its funny. Look this is a discussion forum, and pointing it out IS funny. Especially since the title has the 128K in it, we ALL know he meant 150K. Its a minor funny. You arent really good at funny are you?

BTW have fun picking my typos out-the chemotherapy I had for cancer makes it so I cant feel my fingers. But at least make them funny like the other poster did.

But hey, you want a serious discussion here? Here we go.

Trump has killed far more then 500K with his nonsense. Lets do the math. First lets add excess deaths beyond those from covid.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2021/02/41...c-unemployment. Thats 30K dead.

We were among the first countries to know how bad this was, we would have learned sooner possibly...except Trump fired the liaison we had over there, and effectively disbanded the pandemic response group.

when we had 5 cases....when we KNEW how bad it could be. Trump could have literally forced all travelers into a 2 week quarantine, and called down a massive FBI/HHS response down on those infected. Finding EVERYONE they could have infected, and put them into quarantine. We have laws that allow this.

Done. And as long as we were militant about it we could have watched the world die around us. He could have even then made a great case for closing our borders.

https://khn.org/news/nation-records-...mp-presidency/
400,000 dead on the day he left office. Many of the survivors will die later from the damage this does....but lets be fair and just ignore those future early deaths.

so all told 430K. MASSIVE deficit spending as a result. You could have stopped this when he was doing news conferences by a few executive orders, and under 10 billion in spending. Instead? approximately 5 trillion I think?

But wait you say. yeah he made some mistakes...but no one knew.

Sorry, maybe if he paid attention to his briefings without them having to be drawings and able to keep his attention. Then he would know just how serious to take this. Heck the pandemic preparedness guide the prior administration left him might have helped! We knew very early how bad this was. And heck, look at how China reacted!
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-briefings-pdb

Now given that if he had acted on what he knew-ie took his job seriously, I could argue that given the advance knowledge he had available he should have easily acted on this immediately.

You could argue back that he did a lot of things right. LOL. Except....we dont elect presidents who we expect to be no better then the guy next door. We actually expect some level of competence.....right? Getting truly simple things right is not a accomplishment. Not when you get so many simple things wrong. Remember the hydrochloroquine? (not sure of spelling). Or his refusal to even wear masks? Course the same guy stared directly at the sun. So hey.

Lets just say we will judge him by a comparison of his peers?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

Has some data. Lets sort by deaths per million. Top 13 (ie lowest deaths per million) is mostly some smaller countries, but there are some standouts.

1. Thailand had 1.22 which with 26K confirmed cases. But this sort of stands out.
2. China had 3.46 which is stunningly low given its the original source. And....I think that it should be excluded in fairness here given that Im not sure I trust its data given how far it is from what should be reasonably expected.
3. Yemen is at 22.43, which is sort of surprising given the conflict going on.
4. Australia (where now even the other humans are trying to kill you-for Australian readers-I kid!)
5. Venezuela at 49.06 putting them at #50 out of 152.
6. India at 115.6 dead per million.
7. Finland at 140.57.
8. Denmark at 409.04.
9. Estonia at spot #100 of 152 with 504.3

The United states? we're down at the 144th worst out of 152 it looks like. With 1,600. The worst? Czechia with 2,75.69.

This has by far been a disaster. Lets use Estonia as the reference? Yeah they're 2/3rds down the list, so lets just say...hey the guy was a bit slow, and or random bad days. OK? More then fair. Still forgivable. But we literally have over 3X the death rate.

If he had been competent enough of a leader, and had done as competently as Estonia we would have 165,531 dead. Instead? 525,473.

Trumps incompetence has killed 359,942 of your fellow Americans. And lets be clear here, I am doing 2 things. 1-im not including the excess deaths, because hey lets just be nice. But 2-I AM including those up to this point. Because its hard to argue that Trump can just hand something on fire to Biden, and then claim Bidens responsible for the damage.
And I have to ask? How are you not outraged? Instead people post topics like this to distract from what just occurred. Its shameful.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:16 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Nah it was 400k by the time Trump left office. After January 20th, Biden is responsible for those 150,000 deaths.
Donny should get partial credit, its not like 100k caught and then died in 30 days ....

Old 03-10-2021, 07:21 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Donny should get partial credit, its not like 100k caught and then died in 30 days ....
Can anyone suggest anything that they think Biden could have done better? If you cant, then arguably all of these are in fact primarily Trumps. But theres not much I can imagine that he could have done that he didn't.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Since liberals were always saying Trump killed people due to Covid, now it’s Biden’s turn. That mass murderer is projected to hit 150k deaths within the next week or so!
Does this mean that trump killed over 400,000 American citizens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies