Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 10:25 AM

24,698 posts, read 9,515,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
The owner of the Miami Heat is also Jewish.

https://www.newsweek.com/miami-heat-...stream-1574998

As are many franchise owners. When you're a victor, instead of a victim, America rewards you handsomely. Many other historically oppressed demographics can learn a lot from the hard work, resilience, unity, and self-reliance of the Jewish community.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:26 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,522,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
As are many franchise owners. When you're a victor, instead of a victim, America rewards you handsomely. Many other historically oppressed demographics can learn a lot from the Jewish community.
I love you! Ya married?

Old 03-11-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
How is it antisemitic if their names were literally on the slaveships? Is it also antisemitic that the confederates had a Jewish secretary of state who fled to London as the civil war was ending, and then later he helped fund the start of the KKK?

This is exactly what I'm talking about in my post. You bring up legit fact and history of what Jewish people HAVE done, that's verifiable pretty easily, yet it is seen as antisemitic.

Do you even know how the ADL started? Let me guess, a white racist jury convicted a Jewish man for the murder of a young girl, instead of the Black man in the deep south city of Atlanta, even though the Jewish defense team used every racist stereotype in the book?
OMG! Are you talking about the Mary Phagan case? The black janitor DID do it! And the ADL rightly realized that the antisemitism that led them to convict an innocent Jewish man showed the need for the ADL.

And finally, I am not going to entertain your antisemitic rants on the very thread in which normal people are talking about the wrong of making antisemitic slurs. Good day, sir.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You talking about this?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/levis-logo/

That's a new claim for me, so I had to Google it.
Yup. That’s not a racist logo. It’s just that Dab-On is falling for the lies perpetrated by black antisemites.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:50 AM

1,301 posts, read 667,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
OMG! Are you talking about the Mary Phagan case? The black janitor DID do it! And the ADL rightly realized that the antisemitism that led them to convict an innocent Jewish man showed the need for the ADL.

I actually researched the Mary Phagan case myself a few years ago -- I think most people would agree that Leo Frank was the most likely culprit. He was the last person seen with Mary and also had a history of sexually harassing other women at the factory he managed. His own factory workers testified against him if I remember correctly.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:54 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,987,355 times
Quote:

And finally, I am not going to entertain your antisemitic rants on the very thread in which normal people are talking about the wrong of making antisemitic slurs. Good day, sir.
I take it you haven't read the case at all. There were several witnesses that went against what Leo Frank testified as to where he was, and there were other children who said Leo Frank acted inappropriate with him.

As for your last paragraph, I knew you would have nothing to say about the "brains of the confederacy" who happened to be Jewish. I even linked you to the Jewish source.

I hope people see how blatant of an example this is of Jewish bias. Even when you bring fact and historical truth to the conversation, it is labeled as antisemitic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You talking about this?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/levis-logo/

That's a new claim for me, so I had to Google it.
Yes this, and as you can see Snopes is coming to the defense of the people who run it. That was something they did do to a few runaway slaves back in the day. Anyone with eyes can see the resemblance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
I actually researched the Mary Phagan case myself a few years ago -- I think most people would agree that Leo Frank was the most likely culprit. He was the last person seen with Mary and also had a history of sexually harassing other women at the factory he managed. His own factory workers testified against him if I remember correctly.

Exactly. You have to wonder why the ADL still props him up. The guy should not have been dragged out of his cell but there was a lot of funny business going on with the governor of GA at the time and the people he knew (or worked for I should say). Which is why he was voted out immediately afterwards.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:54 AM

2,356 posts, read 1,157,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
I'm Jewish. He said something out of ignorance and apologized. That should be it. Life is too short.

“I am deeply sorry for using an anti-Semitic slur during a livestream yesterday. While I didn’t know what the word meant at the time, my ignorance about its history and how offensive it is to the Jewish community is absolutely not an excuse and I was just wrong."
I don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread, but this brings back another NBA story about the Kings' broadcaster replying "All Lives Matter" to a BLM message and having his career forever cancelled.
I wish everyone were more forgiving.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:00 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,987,355 times
Quote:
Yup. That’s not a racist logo. It’s just that Dab-On is falling for the lies perpetrated by black antisemites.
Don't be naive... The resemblance is clear.

Attached Thumbnails
Miami Heat player uses anti-Semitic slur on live stream-leviracistlogo.png  

Old 03-11-2021, 11:02 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,511,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
I use to play the videogame call of duty frequently about 10 years ago.
The N-word was often used, almost every time I played, by both kids and adults.
Not really in a racist sense, sort of similar to when people say F*** when they're frustrated or made a mistake.

When guys are in an environment away from "monitors", they have a tendency to say things they normally wouldn't say in other situations -- everything from crude, morbid jokes to vulgar & offensive language.

It's young guy stuff, people shouldn't be concerned at all.
When you are a NBA player, live streaming with 30,000 people watching, you have to be careful what you say.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:02 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,412,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
...Yes this, and as you can see Snopes is coming to the defense of the people who run it. That was something they did do to a few runaway slaves back in the day. Anyone with eyes can see the resemblance...
That's more than a bit of a reach, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies