Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 06:17 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,818 times

Advertisements

What an idiot. The owner of the Miami Heat is also Jewish.

https://www.newsweek.com/miami-heat-...stream-1574998

Old 03-11-2021, 06:25 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
In his statement, Leonard also apologized to Heat owner Micky Arison and his family, a prominent Israeli-American business dynasty.
Ouch. When someone is paying you millions of dollars to play a child's game, you probably want to be more careful about what you say in public.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:28 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Ouch. When someone is paying you millions of dollars to play a child's game, you probably want to be more careful about what you say in public.
Many pro sports franchises are owned by Jews. However, they are mostly secular, progressive Jews and don't care about anti Semitism. They may even agree with it on a certain level. There will be NO repercussions from this from the team, other than some PC press release.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:32 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Many pro sports franchises are owned by Jews. However, they are mostly secular, progressive Jews and don't care about anti Semitism. They may even agree with it on a certain level. There will be NO repercussions from this from the team, other than some PC press release.
Well he's already been put on indefinite leave.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/03/09...-semitic-slur/

Old 03-11-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Well he's already been put on indefinite leave.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/03/09...-semitic-slur/
Indefinite means they can quietly end it and nobody will notice. Watch. All gone, never to be spoken of again.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:41 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,509,475 times
I'm Jewish. He said something out of ignorance and apologized. That should be it. Life is too short.

“I am deeply sorry for using an anti-Semitic slur during a livestream yesterday. While I didn’t know what the word meant at the time, my ignorance about its history and how offensive it is to the Jewish community is absolutely not an excuse and I was just wrong."

Old 03-11-2021, 06:45 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Indefinite means they can quietly end it and nobody will notice. Watch. All gone, never to be spoken of again.
What is it that you want people to notice? How else can it end? The guy did a thing he gets punished for teh thing, what is next? At this stage what that typically means is that they are investigating before deciding on the full extent of the punishment. They know he said K*** which btw unless you are 75 yo no one uses that word except for edgy kids who dabble on very particular circles, so he gets a suspension for that, if they find a pattern then longer. BTW this isnt a woke player who is aligned with the nation of islam, this is a kid who made it a point to stand to the national anthem and was happy to play in the narrative part of the culture wars. This isnt about secular jews appeasing the woke crowd.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:46 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Its not like he said the N word.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
What is it that you want people to notice? How else can it end? The guy did a thing he gets punished for teh thing, what is next? At this stage what that typically means is that they are investigating before deciding on the full extent of the punishment. They know he said K*** which btw unless you are 75 yo no one uses that word except for edgy kids who dabble on very particular circles, so he gets a suspension for that, if they find a pattern then longer. BTW this isnt a woke player who is aligned with the nation of islam, this is a kid who made it a point to stand to the national anthem and was happy to play in the narrative part of the culture wars. This isnt about secular jews appeasing the woke crowd.
I want people to notice the huge hypocrisy in Sports, Media, entertainment, Social Media and other institutions that it is OK to bash Jews, and other White people yet God forbid you cite statistics about Black violence. Then you are racist. So wake up and see the obvious. If it were a White player that said something bad about Blacks it would be 24/7 outrage.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:19 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
I'm Jewish. He said something out of ignorance and apologized. That should be it. Life is too short.

“I am deeply sorry for using an anti-Semitic slur during a livestream yesterday. While I didn’t know what the word meant at the time, my ignorance about its history and how offensive it is to the Jewish community is absolutely not an excuse and I was just wrong."
Bravo to you.

I find it on odd slur for a relatively young person to be using, personally. When I think of someone using that word, I typically envision someone much older, but maybe that's just me.

Incredibly dumb, but hopefully his apology was sincere and he has learned from this mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies