Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 10:13 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Why would he be convicted?
You can't die from someone resting their knee on your back.
The guy was a drug addict with health issues. His long history of drug use is what killed him.
I’m not saying it’s likely he’s convicted but it’s way more likely he is than say the officer in Atlanta. I’m not sold that case ever even goes to a trial. They haven’t even moved the needle yet on it since June

Old 03-11-2021, 10:14 AM

1,110 posts, read 672,159 times
I'd like to see it move this quickly:

Defense: What is the documented lethal dose of fentanyl for an adult male?

Medical expert: That would be 7 ng/ml but there are documented cases where 3 ng/ml have been lethal.

Defense: Based on George Floyd's toxicology report, what levels of fentanyl were found in his bloodstream at time of death?

Medical expert: That would be 11 ng/ml

Defense: I have no further questions your Honor, and waive my right to a closing statement.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:16 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
I'd like to see it move this quickly:

Defense: What is the documented lethal dose of fentanyl for an adult male?

Medical expert: That would be 7 ng/ml but there are documented cases where 3 ng/ml have been lethal.

Defense: Based on George Floyd's toxicology report, what levels of fentanyl were found in his bloodstream at time of death?

Medical expert: That would be 11 ng/ml

Defense: I have no further questions your Honor, and waive my right to a closing statement.
Like some have said. This may be a case where jury delivers a guilty verdict despite the evidence out of fear of what might happen to them. The judge might be equally afraid to throw it out. You might see a guilty verdict that 5 years from now when nobody cares anymore is retried and overturned and you barely hear a peep about it

Old 03-11-2021, 10:20 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Like some have said. This may be a case where jury delivers a guilty verdict despite the evidence out of fear of what might happen to them. The judge might be equally afraid to throw it out. You might see a guilty verdict that 5 years from now when nobody cares anymore is retried and overturned and you barely hear a peep about it
Not happening, and even if it does, a guilty verdict will get appealed. There's really no chance he gets convicted. MAYBE a minor manslaughter charge, but even that is a slight stretch

Also, the jury might be anonymous, so their names won't be public. Look up Innominate Jury.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:25 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
All of this nonsense over some unemployed ghetto drug addict!?

I can't believe these liberal morons are painting murals of this drug addict in their neighborhoods. They won't paint murals of scientists, inventors, or soldiers who sacrificed their lives for America, but they will paint murals of an unemployed drug addict junkie!

Just goes to show what a bunch of low IQ, moron degenerates make up the modern political left. Nothing but a bunch of criminal worshipping junkies - they're obsessed with legalizing marijuana and other drugs, because that's all they want to do all day. Smoke pot and be lazy degenerates.
This guy was obviously not a saint.

The Woke Left is anti-science and refusing to look at the evidence that:

-he complained 6 times of not being able to breathe BEFORE the officers touched him

-he had a fatal dose of Fentanyl and meth in him

-Floyd also had several health problems that would make the Fentanyl and meth that much worse

-A symptom of Fentanyl is that it feels like you can't breathe, which explains why Floyd felt like he couldn't breathe even BEFORE the cops touched him

-you can see Floyd pop a pill in his mouth when the cops are interviewing him still in the car

-Officers are trained that if someone can yell repeatedly, then they can breathe and Floyd yelled repeatedly

-Chauvin did two things to speed up the medical attention Chauvin would get BEFORE he passed out indicating that he didn't want Floyd to die

The woke left does not care about science, facts, or rule of law. Their feelings trump all three.

With that said, it is still a tragedy that he died, whether or not Chauvin is responsible. I hate to see people be happy that he died.

We need better police training and better police-community relationships, which gets damaged when the left refuses to be factual and the right gloats over a "ghetto" creature taken off the street.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:28 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
This guy was obviously not a saint.

The Woke Left is anti-science and refusing to look at the evidence that:

-he complained 6 times of not being able to breathe BEFORE the officers touched him

-he had a fatal dose of Fentanyl and meth in him

-Floyd also had several health problems that would make the Fentanyl and meth that much worse

-A symptom of Fentanyl is that it feels like you can't breathe, which explains why Floyd felt like he couldn't breathe even BEFORE the cops touched him

-you can see Floyd pop a pill in his mouth when the cops are interviewing him still in the car

-Officers are trained that if someone can yell repeatedly, then they can breathe and Floyd yelled repeatedly

-Chauvin did two things to speed up the medical attention Chauvin would get BEFORE he passed out indicating that he didn't want Floyd to die

The woke left does not care about science, facts, or rule of law. Their feelings trump all three.

With that said, it is still a tragedy that he died, whether or not Chauvin is responsible. I hate to see people be happy that he died.

We need better police training and better police-community relationships, which gets damaged when the left refuses to be factual and the right gloats over a "ghetto" creature taken off the street.
What did Chauvin do to speed up the medical attention?

Old 03-11-2021, 10:28 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
I’m not saying it’s likely he’s convicted but it’s way more likely he is than say the officer in Atlanta. I’m not sold that case ever even goes to a trial. They haven’t even moved the needle yet on it since June
The GBI completed its investigation of the Rayshard Brooks shooting in September 2020. Now, Fani Willis is trying to punt the cases against Rolfe and Brosnan to another prosecutor because she doesn't want to get her ass handed to her in her first high-profile case.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:33 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The Judge got pressured to reach for charges that can't be reached so they can use a " Not Guilty" of the charges verdict to stoke fake racism flames. Keep lesser charges what probably would get a guilty verdict, that's too much like bringing people together. Same with those two dorks in Florida. Lesser charges would bring a conviction, so the Obama Justice Dept. torpedoed the case for political gains.
I agree !!!

There really is no other reason for a 1st degree charge but giving them a shot at not guilty on a murder charge !!!

Old 03-11-2021, 10:34 AM

1,301 posts, read 665,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

Chauvin isn't a doctor, there was nothing he could do but wait for an aumbulance to show up to take the drug addict to a hospital.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:38 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
#1 Another police officer called in the ambulance with a code that meant low priority. Chauvin overruled him and told him that he needed to recall it in with the code for the ambulance to put it on the highest priority to get there quicker.

#2 Another officer said that they should do a different type of restraint, but Chauvin noted that it would take too long to get him out of it for medical attention once the ambulance arrived.

The Anti-science, anti-evidence, anti-rule of law woke left wants to sweep this under the rug, but 3rd Degree murder requires that the state prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin "INTENDED" to kill Floyd - that he wanted to and was trying to kill Floyd AND that Chauvin killed him before his fatal dose of Fentanyl did it. That is the law. Rule of law. Any honest person would have a hard time with this based on the facts including Chauvin knew there were over half-a-dozen cameras on him including one from each cop's body camera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies