Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2021, 05:03 PM

801 posts, read 452,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You want say Trump's a jerk with a bad personality and questionable morals...go ahead.
Doesn't matter.

He was still a far better president than...
Carter
Bush 41
Clinton
Bush 43
Obama
And... Biden.... who is making a strong case in only 2 months, to be potentially the worst president of all time.

These 6 presidents all did major damage to this country, some of which Trump was able to reverse, but of course only until the swamp came back in the form of Biden.

Case closed.
I'm going to regret asking this I know but:
Im curious. What EXACTLY did Trump do that you think was good? I have a long list of things he did that were horrible. But I can't think of even one thing he did that was good. Help me out here...

Old 04-01-2021, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Bolded - Because that is exactly what B1den is.

Almost 50 years this Do nothing, has done nothing, and YOU expect results now. Silly, YOU!
"Do nothing" describes the golfer, Donald, not Biden! Biden has done more good things in 100 days than Trump did in 4 years.

* He is making defeating the Pandemic his #1 priority and has given out a million vaccines and expects to have them available to everyone by the middle or April.

* He put out a stimulus package that is for the PEOPLE, not for the rich people only and corporations and big business and churches (churches? really? They needed stimulus money??)

* His stimulus package is taking some 40% of children out of poverty!

* I know bigots and anti-gays disagree but he gave RIGHTS to transgender People, people who deserve to have rights just as anyone else does.

* He appointed many women and minorities to high positions. Again I know bigots and racists are not for this but his approval rating is high for doing all these things!

* He is doing what he can to reverse global warming, getting us back into the Paris agreement and so on.

Old 04-01-2021, 05:11 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
I'm going to regret asking this I know but:
Im curious. What EXACTLY did Trump do that you think was good? I have a long list of things he did that were horrible. But I can't think of even one thing he did that was good. Help me out here...
Well, he fully funded historically black colleges and universities for the first time in history. He also passed criminal justice reform, which did more for minorities than anything Obama ever did for them.

I can see how the racists you're so worried about would hate Donald Trump. It doesn't really explain why they would vote for him though.

Old 04-01-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Because Trump will be on his death bed and they’ll still insist he’s going to prison.
No. If he isn't in prison by the end of 2022 (I believe it will be much sooner) then I will give up hope, seeing that there is no Justice for a tax fraud, sexual abuser, insurrection inciting ex-President.

If he's not in prison by the end of 2022 I will give up on hoping for justice. At least on these Known charges. But by then he'll have committed new ones or they'll have uncovered more old crimes.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:01 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
No. If he isn't in prison by the end of 2022 (I believe it will be much sooner) then I will give up hope, seeing that there is no Justice for a tax fraud, sexual abuser, insurrection inciting ex-President.

If he's not in prison by the end of 2022 I will give up on hoping for justice. At least on these Known charges. But by then he'll have committed new ones or they'll have uncovered more old crimes.
Lol. You’ll never give up, and when your set date passes and because Trump is still gallivanting freely, I’d wager you’ll still be begging for him to be prosecuted for years to come.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:19 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The woke? Really?

This sounds so insane. you realize that right? Like some sort of cult guy screaming about how people dont understand.
^This right here is emblematic of what I just cannot figure out. How is it possible that there is such cognitive dissonance on the moderate left about what has happened with the Critical Theorists taking over all major institutions in the US and their heavy handed authoritarianism .

How is it humanly possible that you are so unaware, it makes no sense. Should be said Bill Maher is almost there, he's definitely playing with the red pill in his mouth

Old 04-01-2021, 09:25 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
^This right here is emblematic of what I just cannot figure out. How is it possible that there is such cognitive dissonance on the moderate left about what has happened with the Critical Theorists taking over all major institutions in the US and their heavy handed authoritarianism .

How is it humanly possible that you are so unaware, it makes no sense. Should be said Bill Maher is almost there, he's definitely playing with the red pill in his mouth
At his point, I will vote against every Democrat until the party returns to sanity. I used to vote straight Dem until recently.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:26 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post

moderate left??

look at who you're addressing.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Well, he fully funded historically black colleges and universities for the first time in history. He also passed criminal justice reform, which did more for minorities than anything Obama ever did for them.

I can see how the racists you're so worried about would hate Donald Trump. It doesn't really explain why they would vote for him though.
Okay, thanks for the info. I'll look those things up. It would be weird to find out he actually did something good that was not for his own benefit or the benefit of the rich, but if he did I'll say he at least did something good.

Can you be specific re "passed criminal justice reform"?

As to the last statement that "he did more for minorities than anything Obama ever did for them", I can tell you right now that's something I have to strongly disagree with.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:54 PM

I know all you Trump supporters are feeling very empowered and happy now that he has not been indicted nor arrested for anything yet.

I just can't wait to come back here, along with my fellow Democrats and progressives to say "SEE? I TOLD YOU SO!" when he IS finally indicted, arrested, convicted... and yes, maybe imprisoned as well!
Like I say, although I was hoping the SDNY Attorney in NY would have indicted him by now, I know it is coming. They don't waste all that time and money on special auditors and crime boss prosecutors etc if they don't have a solid case. You'll see. It's coming!

And the Georgia "Can you find me 12k+ votes" thing is a slam dunk. I think between those 2, he'll do jail time AND pay huge fines.

We just want to see justice done. A President should not be able to avoid showing his fraudulent taxes for 4 years, and should not be able to incite an insurrection and try to steal an election, without seeing Justice/consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies