Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2021, 06:23 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Slippery slope is a logical fallacy.

I would hope/expect that there is work being done to improve the inter-agency coordination, in addition to this extended window proposition, so that we can prevent another Dylan Roof.
"Slippery slope is a logical fallacy."

That is what was said when the FIRST gun law was past. NOW we have OVER 20,000!

We constantly hear how much more the left is "educated" and we are just UN-educated deplorables yet, so many on the left can't figure out what "shall NOT BE-INFRINGED", means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Not only is this a good thing, but we need mandatory classroom and field safety training to own a gun as well.
The NRA offers it with the Eagle Eddy program. But NO ONE on the left will allow it. They would rather their kids play shootem up video games.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:27 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

We constantly hear how much more the left is "educated" and we are just UN-educated deplorables yet, so many on the left can't figure out what "shall NOT BE-INFRINGED", means.
NICS checks are not an infringement until the SCOTUS says they are.

Try again.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If that were true then there would be no need for the law, gun shows in NY are the same as they agreed that every gun leaving the grounds would have an NICS check. But there are private sales where they are not required. Why should some sellers bypass the process.
There is no such thing as a"loophole". Either there is a law or there isn't.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
NICS checks are not an infringement until the SCOTUS says they are.

Try again.
WRONG, try again.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:30 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,270 times
Quote:
The NRA offers it with the Eagle Eddy program. But NO ONE on the left will allow it. They would rather their kids play shootem up video games.
I am specifically saying I would like if no one was able to own a gun before a full background check and passing a safety course, by a non political entity (ie, not one that lobbies like the NRA).

I am not giving an opinion of "the left". I am giving my opinion. Given how extreme right right wing this forum is, I know many will strongly disagree. That's fine, but again, this is my opinion. There is no meaningful downside to what I am suggesting.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:38 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwardfour View Post
That's exactly the point. Under current laws, a violent criminal just released from a lengthy prison sentence could walk into a gun show and walk out with a gun to re-offend, no questions asked.
This is also the top destination for gangbangers to take trips down south, and come back with literal van-fulls of guns to sell on the street, all bought perfectly legally at gun shows because there is no background check required.
Ending the "gun show loophole" is just common sense.
You have no idea what of you're talking about.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:40 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
WRONG, try again.
If NICS checks are unconstitutional, how is it that they still exist today?

Old 03-12-2021, 06:42 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:

That's exactly right, death by a thousand cuts. That's their intention.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:44 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What isn't true ? Please explain.
Every gun from a private sales has an NICS check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies