Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2021, 04:45 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

I don't need to re-read anything as you posts are useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwardfour View Post
Read again:
Not just Chicago, but gangs from around the country. They send down "mules" AKA white guys in Billy-Bob attire to hit up numerous gun shows, then come back with an arsenal of weapons to sell and distribute.
Unless you are buying from a person not associated with that gun show, you are dealing with a gun show person who has to use a 4473.

Quote:
Southern gun shows are literally the gang banger's armory because of this loophole. If it was closed like the Democrats are proposing, the illegal gun flow would come to an almost complete stop.
Not even worth an actual response (but yes I am responding)....but prove what you say.

You won't because you cannot. Prove me wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
You've been proven wrong on just about every post you've made, on countless threads, but hey, keep going
LOL, not only am I right, but that is the main reason you nor your buddy (who is probably you) signed in on different browsers cannot prove me wrong with anything to back yourself up.....

Old 03-12-2021, 06:30 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So..................Create more, or enforce current laws?
Let's do away with speed limits and DWI check points, they are ineffective? But when it comes to guns we need the perfect law.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:09 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Why would any known killer go to a person who has to take them and get a background check?

That's the entire point folks....those that are already on the "cannot buy any firearm" will not go through legal channels.. Why is this so hard to understand?

Proving my point, and you don't even realize it. Again. Reeeeel slow. Take a deep breath. Relax. Think happy thoughts. Ready? I'll use small words, monosyllabic even, when possible. Are all the synapses firing? Good. Let's try again. Focus. OK, that's a good boy.

Your words: "Why would any known killer go to a person who has to take them and get a background check?". Exactly. Therefore, they wouldn't try to buy a gun from a private seller knowing a background check is required. Ergo, Biden's law will, by your own words, accomplish what it is intended to accomplish. Keeping known felons from buying guns. You are literally arguing with yourself. LOL. This is unbelievable.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
LOL, not only am I right, but that is the main reason you nor your buddy (who is probably you) signed in on different browsers cannot prove me wrong with anything to back yourself up.....
You're not right. Read this tomorrow when you're sober and you'll realize that you've repeatedly, relentlessly, embarrassed yourself in this thread. It's, OK. It happens to everyone. We'll all have a good laugh about tomorrow. Seriously, I'm not sure what you're thinking, but your arguments are, despite your intentions, supporting Biden's law. I think you're so passionate about gun rights (which I admire) and dislike of Biden (which I also admire) that you're not seeing this clearly.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:19 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
I see nothing wrong with the proposal.

What exactly is the issue with it?

Old 03-12-2021, 07:22 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Proving my point, and you don't even realize it. Again. Reeeeel slow. Take a deep breath. Relax. Think happy thoughts. Ready? I'll use small words, monosyllabic even, when possible. Are all the synapses firing? Good. Let's try again. Focus. OK, that's a good boy.

Your words: "Why would any known killer go to a person who has to take them and get a background check?". Exactly. Therefore, they wouldn't try to buy a gun from a private seller knowing a background check is required. Ergo, Biden's law will, by your own words, accomplish what it is intended to accomplish. Keeping known felons from buying guns. You are literally arguing with yourself. LOL. This is unbelievable.
Lol...and yet we have nightly shootings in Detroit, in a state that has mandatory background checks and a state registry on handguns. You are absolutely clueless.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:23 PM

1,301 posts, read 665,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Only the law abiding obey gun laws. LOL

Unconstitutional laws shouldn't be followed, imho.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Let's do away with speed limits and DWI check points, they are ineffective? But when it comes to guns we need the perfect law.
Let add more because the current laws are working.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Lol...and yet we have nightly shootings in Detroit, in a state that has mandatory background checks and a state registry on handguns. You are absolutely clueless.

No chance the guns used in those crimes were obtained through loop holes....like, perhaps, private sales? You are being completely ridiculous. You've lost this debate in a spectacular fashion and are now deflecting (poorly, I might add). Focus on the topic. How is requiring background checks on private sales a bad thing? Do you even acknowledge that it's a wide open avenue for folks who shouldn't have guns to buy one. Speaking of clueless, you're on a whole other level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies