Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 12:18 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,739,667 times

Advertisements

A senator with a foul mouth publicly is never appropriate. Something must have hit a nerve that rings true, otherwise she would have shut it. She's a senator helping Illinois circle the drain and in it for herself. She's a tool and has always been one since elected.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:32 PM

552 posts, read 223,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
A senator with a foul mouth publicly is never appropriate. Something must have hit a nerve that rings true, otherwise she would have shut it. She's a senator helping Illinois circle the drain and in it for herself. She's a tool and has always been one since elected.
When was the last time you served your country by
serving in military combat? Keyboard warrior does not count....

Old 03-12-2021, 12:33 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
This is not northern Iraq and we are not a small ethnic minority surrounded by ethno-nationalist giants who want to destroy us.
And that has nothing to do with what I said.....

Women are capable and have proven to be contributing to the US Military. They do deserve respect especially from a person who has never served. Point is, if Kurdish women in Iraq can serve and be respected among their small ethnic minority, we in the US should be able to also support our women in uniform and show some respect.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
The left knows Tucker is very powerful right now. For tens of millions of people, he’s the only one they trust.

Tucker isn’t afraid to bash the right, either. In fact, he routinely goes after Republicans that have sold out to corporate America.
At peak, in July, 2020, Carlson’s audience was 4.3 million.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy...h=73e8bab61953

There are about 210 million adults in the US. Most don’t watch cable news.

Think partisans have a tendency to perceive cable news has greater influence than it has.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:36 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I don't think that kind of language is appropriate for a senator. In addition, it always makes a person sound less intelligent. I like her, I respect her, but she could have voiced her disdain for him using other words.
Agreed- but sometimes that’s just the only way to express the total distain for that man’s comments. She suffered. Really suffered. He can take a hike and never return what an arsehole.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
The issue isn’t that she served our country and lost her legs in the process. Like all who have sacrificed in service to our country, we should be grateful to her for that. The issue is that somehow makes her immune to scrutiny and criticism for views totally unrelated to that service. One of the posters on this thread implies since she is a woman she can’t be criticized. She is a United States senator, elected by the voters. As such, she is accountable to the people of her state, and her views and policy positions can and should be scrutinized, debated, and criticized.
The comment that man made was not about elected officials.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Tucker right as usual. Also Interesting to see Senators and the people in charge of our army getting all mad at a talk show host. China will be laughing at us
He’s out of line and needs correcting. Hope they pop him off fox

Old 03-12-2021, 12:39 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
She not only lost her legs, she lost her brain and her self respect. God bless Tucker Carlson, he's just about the only honest reporter on the tube.

https://www.thewrap.com/tammy-duckwo...ucker-carlson/
Tucker Carlson doesn't know what side of the fence he wants to sit on. Carlson used to work at CNN and MSNBC, now he's at FOX. You can take what Carlson says with a with a "grain of salt."

Old 03-12-2021, 12:39 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Agreed- but sometimes that’s just the only way to express the total distain for that man’s comments. She suffered. Really suffered. He can take a hike and never return what an arsehole.
Did you even watch that segment in question? LOL, he didn't do anything wrong, really.

Did you just hear the name Tucker and made up your mind?

I literally can't stand Rachael Maddow, but every time someone says that she said something that annoyed me I go and check before I post about it.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:40 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Tucker Carlson is a complete moron. That said, I prefer that senators act civilly.
Says the guy that believes every word that's spewed by Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon. Or maybe the Morning Schmo or Rachel Maddow is is more his style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies