Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 10:18 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times

Advertisements

I think the better question is why did the left only start caring UNTIL the sexual accusations came out? They were dead silent on nursing home scandal and the threats he made to his staff and representatives.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:33 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Wait, I remember reading posts calling liberals “hypocrites” for backing Cuomo...

But in reality the left is not like the republicans with Trump. They won’t stand behind anyone engaging in such things. An elected official is not anointed by God. It’s there only temporary. If inappropriate things were done, someone else will step in. I know this is unthinkable for folks on the right, but...ces’t la vie.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:35 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
I think the better question is why did the left only start caring UNTIL the sexual accusations came out? They were dead silent on nursing home scandal and the threats he made to his staff and representatives.
Tye nursing home scandals affect other Dem governors as well. The sexual assault stuff is a nice smokescreen

Old 03-12-2021, 10:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
There is no question Cuomo behaved inappropriately and did not consider how his words might impact the recipient. He has acknowledged the same.

The most recent allegation that he fondled a woman under her blouse while alone with him, in the governor’s mansion may or may not be true. No longer matters.

No shortage of men objectify women in the workplace and beyond and have been doing so since forever. Some recipients are better at managing these situations than others and it’s a darn shame it needs to be managed.

And sometimes, inappropriate behaviors permeate a corporate culture, as they did at Fox News. Hats off to Gretchen Carlson.

Anyway, Cuomo is toast and the only question is when he resigns.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:54 AM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
He used to be the toast of the town. He could do no wrong. They even gave him an Emmy For supposedly 'Masterful' COVID-19 Briefings. So why all of sudden is the left doing a 180 on Cuomo and not circling the wagons?
To clear the deck for Kamala Harris

Old 03-12-2021, 10:56 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
??? Kamala Harris is from California, not New York.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:59 AM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
??? Kamala Harris is from California, not New York.
I’m referring to the 2024 presidential election. Cuomo and Newsome are both potential candidates for the Democratic nomination.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:07 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You have lied, that is what you do. You used strawman arguments.

Now you are using more strawman arguments.

You are hollow. Your point was BS, so you are forced into these dishonest tactics.

If you were honest, you would admit that Bill Clinton in the past 5 years has gotten multiple standing ovations from Democrats, because Democrats do give him a pass.

Daniel Inouye is accused of being a serial rapist, yet Democrats are still repeatedly naming things after him while others get cancelled for less.
I don't really know or care what the former President has been up to other than his attendance at the recent inauguration I really haven't heard his named mentioned. But I can see your off on a tangent over a response that "you had to go back 20 years" to find an example. I also can't remember seeing Daniel Inouye named mentioned in the news or on these boards but whats the matter you don't like that both he and our last President have Wikipedia pages over their sexual improprieties.....

To you any honest posts that you don't agree with are "BS & dishonest tactics." So take your strawman, your hollowness and your myopic vision and go have a nice day....

Old 03-12-2021, 11:09 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
I’m not turning against Cuomo, I just don’t care. If he’s not doing right, replace him either at the election box or before, it’s up to New York. Trump supporters thinking this is a winning issue are boring me. States elect governors.,I don’t like any of the politicians Texas elects but I don’t live there so I don’t care. Just don’t make me pay when they screw up.

Last edited by Seacove; 03-12-2021 at 11:41 AM..

Old 03-12-2021, 11:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Millions of people arrived at JFK from hot spots in Europe in the weeks and months before things went seriously sideways. Having one of the busiest subway systems in the world and population density combined to an insane situation.

Some might recall the situation in NYC where hospitals were operating beyond capacity and the dead bodies were stored on refrigerated trucks because funeral homes were overwhelmed. Elmhurst Hospital in Queens, a Lever 1 Trauma Center was unable to accept anyone, regardless of the emergency. We know it became necessary for mDs to determine who got a scare vent vs those not.

The longer an elderly person is hospitalized the greater the likelihood of acquiring secondary infections. The UTI is the most common hospital acquired infection.

NY and several other states required nursing homes to readmit residents upon discharge from hospitals WHEN the nursing home had the ability to isolate such residents and adequate PPE. Most nursing homes in the US are private and rely on Medicaid for a portion of their income.

Did all these nursing homes have the ability to isolate? Did any hospital or nursing home anywhere, have adequate PPE at the time?

Tests kits were far and few throughout the US, despite misinformation being communicated by Trump.

As the pandemic worsened, nursing homes ceased allowing visitors. Yet we know with certainty nursing home acquired infections persisted throughout the pandemic. So how did this happen?

Covid arrived with every shift turnover. Testing of employees is a relatively recent phenomena.

Friend ( not NY) had not been able to visit her elderly mother since March. Her mother had not left her private room in the nursing home. Nonetheless, she got infected. It was determined Covid, her age and medical conditions combined into a fatal situation. She was transferred to hospice where she passed.

Will this be counted as a nursing home acquired infection?

There is no question the residents of nursing homes everywhere including Europe, have the most vulnerable population.

Given the situation in NYC at the time I don’t fault Cuomo. Were the books cooked? By whom and when? And if so, did Cuomo have a hand in it? I have no idea. I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies