Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 03:11 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times

Advertisements

They are coming for your guns
They are coming for your money
They are coming for your kid's minds
They are coming for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2021, 03:20 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
Text is here, many brands and models mentioned by name

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...an-of-2021.pdf

"If any provision of this Act, an amendment made by this Act, or the application of such provision or amendment to any person or circumstance is held to be unconstitutional, the remainder of this Act, the amendments made by this Act, and the application of such provision or amendment to any person or circumstance shall not be affected thereby."

Now there's some wishful thinking!

Old 03-13-2021, 03:26 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,646,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
What are the chances of this actually passing?
In this environment? Not a wild card anymore. They'll attempt to shame opposer with the use of and/or 'for the children' or "if" these were banned shooting xyz would not have happened and so & so would be alive.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:26 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So, if someone possesses an "illegal" magazine that was manufactured after the ban.....but has no date or serial number.....

How do you tell that it's not a grandfathered magazine, made before the ban?

Truth is that magazines aren't really that hard to make and there's hundreds of millions of them already in circulation.

Telling the difference between a grandfathered magazine and a black market magazine will be impossible.
The way I understand it is that any magazine or so called assault weapon manufactured after the date that the law is enacted will be required to have the date of manufacture and a serial number roll stamped into it. You can tell if it's a grandfathered magazine if it has no date or serial number stamped into the body.

All of the magazines that are currently in existence as of today and up to the date that this law is enacted if it ever is will not have a date and serial number roll stamped into it.

You're 100% correct detecting a "grandfathered magazine and a black market magazine will be impossible." I'm assuming you mean by "black market magazines" magazines that are being illegally manufactured. I don't know but I don't think that the average person unless they have the proper equipment and knowledge could manufacture a magazine on their own. Of course the serial numbers and date could be ground off which would be obvious. Or they could be filled in then ground smooth and refinished just like doing body work on a vehicle.

My guess is by altering a magazine the criminal penalties would be the same as altering the serial numbers on a firearm. I believe that it's 10 year's imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. It's already a 5 year prison sentence just to possess a firearm with an altered serial number.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:27 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,646,105 times
What's that song 'California here I come'?

Old 03-13-2021, 03:30 PM

2,024 posts, read 1,314,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Can somebody please establish -- once and for all -- what an "assault weapon" is???
“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”
“The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”
“The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

Old 03-13-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
What's that song 'California here I come'?
I think that they changed the lyrics to: California here I leave'?

Old 03-13-2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Can somebody please establish -- once and for all -- what an "assault weapon" is???
Whatever a Democrat claims it is.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:41 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
The way I understand it is that any magazine or so called assault weapon manufactured after the date that the law is enacted will be required to have the date of manufacture and a serial number roll stamped into it. You can tell if it's a grandfathered magazine if it has no date or serial number stamped into the body.

All of the magazines that are currently in existence as of today and up to the date that this law is enacted if it ever is will not have a date and serial number roll stamped into it.

You're 100% correct detecting a "grandfathered magazine and a black market magazine will be impossible." I'm assuming you mean by "black market magazines" magazines that are being illegally manufactured. I don't know but I don't think that the average person unless they have the proper equipment and knowledge could manufacture a magazine on their own. Of course the serial numbers and date could be ground off which would be obvious. Or they could be filled in then ground smooth and refinished just like doing body work on a vehicle.

My guess is by altering a magazine the criminal penalties would be the same as altering the serial numbers on a firearm. I believe that it's 10 year's imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. It's already a 5 year prison sentence just to possess a firearm with an altered serial number.
3-D printer. The magazine isn’t subjected to heat, so they work just fine.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:42 PM

I guess the bottom line is if this atrocity is allowed to pass is that civilians will no longer be able to purchase any so called assault weapons, listed weapons and high capacity feeding devises that are manufactured after the law is passed.

Currently owned weapons and magazines that were owned and manufactured before that date will still be legal for any lawful purpose. That is until the next law is proposed and passed outlawing them altogether. Which may not be too long after if we don't put up a strong enough fight to stop this BS before it gets to that point.

Every time they pass additional laws the 2nd Amendment gets whittled away a little more. Death by a thousand cuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies