Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 07:02 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,040,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I don’t like that they kneel for the national anthem either. They are protesting the country when they do that. However, this person was way out of line for saying what he said. These are misguided youth who have been programmed by the mainstream media and their leftists teacher to think the way they do. We should feel sorry for them not call them racial slurs.
I think the announcer could have been over come with disgust......I know I am when I see athletic`s kneel, and disrespect our country, and the many who have died for it.......both black and white.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:21 AM

19,797 posts, read 9,331,249 times
Racial slurs are NEVER justified and can never be excused -- except, possibly, for very old people with advanced dementia -- and even in those cases, is still terrible, but at least it can be attributed to mental deterioration.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:24 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Good. About time.

Suck it up. There are no participation trophies in the real world.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:37 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
The biggest take away here, is that those who say there's no racism in the US are wrong. Wrong. You usually don't hear it broadcast by media professionals announcing a high school sporting event, but it's there. This man, a professional, was VERY VERY comfortable using that term with his colleagues although he clearly didn't realize he hadn't turned off the mic.

Racism is alive and well, it's just usually better hidden than this.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:41 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I think the announcer could have been over come with disgust......I know I am when I see athletic`s kneel, and disrespect our country, and the many who have died for it.......both black and white.
How overcome with disgust, by a person's behavior, would you have to be to call them f*** n****s?

Answer - there's no level of disgust I could have, to feel like I have permission from those surrounding me to use that phrase. To know that they would be in agreement, or at least, not surprised.

It would be one thing to go on a political rant. Oh for god's sake, I hope Norman wins, those jerks kneeling makes me want to order the players off the court, and out of the game, refs should be able to do that bla bla bla.

Why go with the N word, unless you REGULARLY go there?

Old 03-13-2021, 07:43 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,199,589 times
What do teenagers have to protest?

This whole oppressive racist America is lousy nonsense is stupid.

Now if they were kneeling to bring attention to a genocide in a foreign country that would be one thing but they are protesting a manufactured problem that has been hyped for political reasons.

Kneeling in the face of the most incredible, diverse society ever where it doesn't matter who you are or what lowly station you started from you can achieve great things by using your smarts and hard work. There has never been a society like ours and the misguided children would tear it all down.

Oh well.

It was wrong to call those girls what he did but in America that is his Right. He might be just as ignorant as they are.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:45 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,053,236 times
I am not a fan of kneeling during the flag, but it is protected political speech unless your employer for example says you can't do it on the job.

I think it is stupid and counterproductive to use racial epithets at anyone. In fact, those kneeling are now more likely to feel as if they need to kneel during the flag as this racist guy makes their point for them.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What do teenagers have to protest?

This whole oppressive racist America is lousy nonsense is stupid.

Now if they were kneeling to bring attention to a genocide in a foreign country that would be one thing but they are protesting a manufactured problem that has been hyped for political reasons.

Kneeling in the face of the most incredible, diverse society ever where it doesn't matter who you are or what lowly station you started from you can achieve great things by using your smarts and hard work. There has never been a society like ours and the misguided children would tear it all down.

Oh well.

It was wrong to call those girls what he did but in America that is his Right. He might be just as ignorant as they are.
I think their point was proven, quite clearly, don't you? They're protesting racism in the US, and the paid announcer calls them the N word for it.

Poetic justice.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:48 AM

2,385 posts, read 2,338,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Double standerd. Blacks are making millions off that N word with thier rap music. You can`t have it both ways. Black children are listening to their own in the hood, using the N word. The N word is used more now then 1951.
If you can't understand the context and the difference between rappers and urban blacks saying "my n****" with the "a" at the end and a white boomer from the south saying "F-ing n******" with the hard "er" out of disgust, IDK what to tell ya. You're part of the problem.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:55 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
They kneel because of garbage responses like this. They kneel because it's 2021 and rednecks are calling blacks children the n-word like it's 1951.

But hey that's the South for ya. That's Oklahoma. What did you expect?
Oh no. ONE person used a bad word and that means exactly what now?

btw We're not going back to 1951 and the democratically dominated Jim Crow south. The republicans cleaned all that up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies