Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 12:39 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Nope. They moved it to a ridiculous time slot and Gene Roddenberry quit producing.

Most of the fan mail was along the lines of Why on earth was he fighting it?
They wanted to insure the show was killed after that. I assume you can put two and two together.

Old 03-13-2021, 01:17 PM

1,465 posts, read 622,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Calling a black person ghetto trash is racist, the same as calling a white person trailer trash or white trash. I don't get why this is so hard to understand...
I get the feeling you live in a world where everything is 'racist.' Have fun with that.

Old 03-13-2021, 01:18 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times
Joan Crawford "mommy dearest" in her role as boss at pepsi was one of the first to promote blacks to mid-level management

tons of press about the "bad" mommy followed..coincidence?

Old 03-13-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Both of my parents are Black and originally from the South(NC and Texas respectively). Both are them are the exact opposite of "ghetto" or "trashy" and yet they and their relatives experienced racism in the South back in the day.

I agree that old shows and movies shouldn't be "cancelled" or banned but let's not rewrite history.
My parents are both white and were born and raised in North Philly and neither are 'trashy.' And yet they both experienced racism from blacks when they lived there.

Old 03-13-2021, 02:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
I get the feeling you live in a world where everything is 'racist.' Have fun with that.
I get the feeling you live in a world where you deny there is racism and wish things return back to the way they were because you don't want to change the way you speak or be banned for saying something. You are clearly ignorant that ghetto trash is racist and also white trash or trailer trash equally is racist.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I get the feeling you live in a world where you deny there is racism and wish things return back to the way they were because you don't want to change the way you speak or be banned for saying something. You are clearly ignorant that ghetto trash is racist and also white trash or trailer trash equally is racist.
Just because it's 'racist' to the emotionally-tender doesn't make it so. BTW, learn the difference between racist and racial.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:20 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
My parents are both white and were born and raised in North Philly and neither are 'trashy.' And yet they both experienced racism from blacks when they lived there.
Ironically, this proves my point to the OP that the 60's and earlier decades were NOT an era of racial harmony in the U.S. and that things have tremendously improved despite the media and Internet making it seem otherwise.

I never said that the racial tension in the 60's was strictly White on Black. I was just saying that these issues were much worse in those times.

It's just that the media is very obsessed with the racism topic now and social media has given a voice and platform for everyone under the sun from the far left to the far right.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:24 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I thought Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz did the first interracial kiss on screen.

But I guess that doesn't count. You've got to have a black person involved.
Hispanics aren't a race and Desi Arnaz is a White dude of Spaniard origin.

That's not even remotely the same thing as a White celebrity kissing Sidney Poiter or Harry Belafonte lmao.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:34 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
Joan Crawford "mommy dearest" in her role as boss at pepsi was one of the first to promote blacks to mid-level management

tons of press about the "bad" mommy followed..coincidence?
No more Wire Hangers. She was A Terrible Mommy.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:48 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Star Trek for years have gotten over. I guess woke because a White male's lips touched a Black female. But in the story they were meat puppets being mind raped by an alien.

Black woman being sexually assaulted by seemingly White aliens doesn't play as worthy of notice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies