Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 12:37 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times

Advertisements

He's a TV personality & comedian. I don't really get my news from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 12:44 PM

16 posts, read 8,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Trump tried to warn you...and you fought him all the way.

Whatever happens, happens now
Liberals were warning against shopping at Wal-Mart during the 90's. Manufacturing from the US that moved to China accelerated after 9/11, probably a whole third of what jobs were lost total from the 70's up until 9/11 we lost in jobs to China... but no one cared because "terrorism."

Old 03-22-2021, 12:57 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,262 times
I see that many Liberal comedians are starting to understand that with all the cancel culture going on, joke tellers are basically out of work. Sarah Silverman is the latest to fight back. Yea!

I'm glad to see this trend occurring!!!!!!!!! No party is perfect and the right certainly has their problems to iron out. But I'm a BIG fan of intra Party policing. There are rational and sane people on both sides of the fence to step up and put a halt to this totalitarian type behavior. It's just silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maher, a life long liberal, is standing up and yelling ENOUGH is ENOUGH. More central liberals have these thoughts on the tip of their tongues but are afraid to speak out.

Bravo Bill....bravo!

Old 03-22-2021, 01:00 PM

52,253 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I think Maher is right on this issue. HE's pretty good at pointing out when the Left or Right does stupid stuff. He's most certainly right on the idea that we're a bit obsessed over stupid stuff while China focuses on the stuff that builds empires.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:13 PM

9,091 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think Maher is right on this issue. HE's pretty good at pointing out when the Left or Right does stupid stuff. He's most certainly right on the idea that we're a bit obsessed over stupid stuff while China focuses on the stuff that builds empires.
It isn't just that Americans obsess over stupid, trivial stuff while the Chinese focus on wealth and power; the Chinese also make tons of money off the petty obsessions of the Americans. TikTok is just one small example.

Most Americans would probably find my life to be boring but I try my damnedest not to fund Chinese society.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:18 PM

52,253 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I see that many Liberal comedians are starting to understand that with all the cancel culture going on, joke tellers are basically out of work. Sarah Silverman is the latest to fight back. Yea!

I'm glad to see this trend occurring!!!!!!!!! No party is perfect and the right certainly has their problems to iron out. But I'm a BIG fan of intra Party policing. There are rational and sane people on both sides of the fence to step up and put a halt to this totalitarian type behavior. It's just silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maher, a life long liberal, is standing up and yelling ENOUGH is ENOUGH. More central liberals have these thoughts on the tip of their tongues but are afraid to speak out.

Bravo Bill....bravo!
Bill Maher tends to see through a lot of the BS that the left and the right for that matter pulls. I tend to score center slight left every time I take a political quiz. I find that I'm agreeing with the right more and more these days, mostly centered around my dislike of the Identity politics and this woke culture, including Critical Race Theory.

Bill takes a lot of heat from "his side" of the aisle for just how honest he can be. I appreciate someone that can be critical of what some consider to be their own team.

I really wish that the term Liberal would get used correctly. People just lump Liberals and Leftist together when in reality there is a difference. PragerU has a 5 min video series and there is one of those talking about the Left vs Liberalism.

https://www.prageru.com/video/left-or-liberal/

Old 03-22-2021, 01:27 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,262 times
Quote:
I really wish that the term Liberal would get used correctly. People just lump Liberals and Leftist together when in reality there is a difference. PragerU has a 5 min video series and there is one of those talking about the Left vs Liberalism.

Wow Chowhound! That vid is incredible. Thank you so much for sharing

Old 03-22-2021, 01:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DH4v6FnbvM

Yeah, Americans are fat lazy morons. I thought our government is too powerful to overcome, but our citizens are imbeciles.
Well whodathunkit? Our school system produces a high percentage of illiterates and they can't even begin to compete with other countries. Drug problems in America? Half the population is stoned all the time.

We can't discuss problems let alone solve them.

The Russians will hardly even speak with us but will with China. They're working together.

America is a nation of fools.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:41 PM

9,091 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Bill Maher tends to see through a lot of the BS that the left and the right for that matter pulls. I tend to score center slight left every time I take a political quiz. I find that I'm agreeing with the right more and more these days, mostly centered around my dislike of the Identity politics and this woke culture, including Critical Race Theory.

Bill takes a lot of heat from "his side" of the aisle for just how honest he can be. I appreciate someone that can be critical of what some consider to be their own team.

Great video. It reaffirmed my personal definition of liberal. an accurate definition of liberal is much close to libertarian than Democrat.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
We have idiots at the helm.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/518837-bide...-china-russia/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies