Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 06:19 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Many American children suffer educationally because the teachers attention is on the illegals that do not speak the language. It takes the attention off the American children who are struggling with understanding the assignments and they are forgotten. Their grades slip and no one is there to help them.
Yes, and this is why my old school has dropped to a three. Teachers teach down to the lowest common denominator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Anything to back up your feelings? Do your kids have trouble at school and you blame the illegals?

You might need a tutor.
For someone who admitted there are no illegals in your school district, you sure defend them in other people’s schools.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You just said in another thread that there are virtually no illegal aliens in your school district. So maybe YOU don’t know what you don’t know.

(You also said there MIGHT be some illegals mixed in with the immigrants in communities where you lived. I too have lived in neighborhoods like that - including the one I grew up in. Our immediate neighbors were Chinese immigrants, and two doors down were Argentinan immigrants. The house in the corner also were from another country. And yes, these legal immigrants were self-sufficient.)

I, on the other hand, have seen what happens when a massive number of illegals move in. You should see the streets where my parents used to live. There are cars parking all over the place, making it difficult to pass, and why? Because these houses were intended for two cars - possible three - at most. They weren’t intended for three families and six cars. And as I’ve said, the school has dropped to a 3.

If you haven’t lived in a neighborhood overrun by illegals, you don’t know what you’re talking about.
That's right --I live NOW in a community with no real illegal immigrant issues.

I HAVE lived in communities with illegal immigrants.

I know -- reading is hard -- and words have meaning.

I live in a community where no illegals -- and yes --- too many cars. They are parked everywhere --nobody uses their garages or driveways and they have four cars to a house.

Who knew it was an 'illegal' thing too.

Might be an American thing.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
She often mentions that her grand parents came hete fleeing persecution , worked hard rised thier kids and grand parents to be successful.

But the same opportunity should nt go to those mexicans whodefinitely live in a hell. . And of course the anti black tirade she carries out every alternate week.

And make a note atthet statement “ immigrants dobetter than americans”.

No wonder guys like bill gates, zucjerberg and every businessman also thinks the same way.
The difference is that my grandparents came here LEGALLY.

And yes....immigrants - the legal ones - do better on average. I see you’re another one who can’t distinguish between immigrants who follow the laws, and illegals.

And I don’t havre any anti-black crusade. I am opposed to race-based admissions. Just like a liberal, you accuse people who don’t want racist policies as being racists. Ironic.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:28 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,067,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Greg Abbott said they are loading these people on buses and sending them to Albany NY, Portland Oregon, & Baltimore Maryland.
Places, that have depopulated to greener pastures.

Good luck for your kid getting an education in those places, unless you can pay for it.
As long as they are going to Democratic states who voted for illegals to come in...they should get as many as we can send.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's right --I live NOW in a community with no real illegal immigrant issues.

I HAVE lived in communities with illegal immigrants.

I know -- reading is hard -- and words have meaning.

I live in a community where no illegals -- and yes --- too many cars. They are parked everywhere --nobody uses their garages or driveways and they have four cars to a house.

Who knew it was an 'illegal' thing too.

Might be an American thing.
1) You said there MIGHT have been some illegals. I’m talking a massive number of illegals, to the point that half the kids in the public school don’t speak English. You don’t think that lowers the caliber of instruction?

2) And I’m not talking about four cars. I am talking about SIX. That’s because the houses were designed for two cars, and maybe a third or even fourth parked on the curb, but there is no room for six cars.

Same problem with the schools. Besides the fact that language is a problem, the schools were never designed for 7 and 8 kids to a house (since two or three families live there).

And finally, again....you are demonstrating how leftists who haven’t been damaged by a huge overrun of illegals in their neighborhood defend them as causing no problems.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:35 AM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Problem is at the top. We are allbeing misguided as to wat the real issue is. Its been long time since citizems became consumers.

Businesses need more consumers.
Whatever these businesses need shouldn't include hiring or selling to illegal aliens that have no right to be in our country. What part of that don't you get? Citizens aren't consumers? Huh?

Old 03-15-2021, 06:36 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The following is from a Pew Research study published in 2019.

The most common age for whites in the United States was 58.

The most common age for minorities overall was less than half of that; 27.

For Asians it was 29.
For blacks it was 27.
For Hispanics it was 11.

For biracials it was 3.

Each new American generation has a smaller white percentage than the one that preceded it.
Then thank God for these people of color. Without them, who would be paying for the Social Security checks that all of the retired whites are collecting? Without an influx of young people, our country is bound to stagnate. If birthrates are too low, we need more immigrants.

I work in a scientific field in which i have been a minority for years. Maybe 1/3 of my coworkers are US-born whites, the rest being Asian, Indian, Eastern European, Middle Eastern and African American. There is nothing to fear, white people. Vive la diffe'rence.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:40 AM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
She often mentions that her grand parents came hete fleeing persecution , worked hard rised thier kids and grand parents to be successful.

But the same opportunity should nt go to those mexicans whodefinitely live in a hell. . And of course the anti black tirade she carries out every alternate week.

And make a note atthet statement “ immigrants dobetter than americans”.

No wonder guys like bill gates, zucjerberg and every businessman also thinks the same way.
The key word here is "persecution". Mexicans and those from Central America coming here illegally or making bogus asylum claims are not suffering from persecution and that's the only valid reason to claim asylum in our country. No one has the right to violate our borders just because they are poor either.

Immigrants do better than Americans? Since when? If you are speaking of illegal aliens rich people like Gates just like the cheap labor to increase their profits. They don't work any harder than Americans do.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:43 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The key word here is "persecution". Mexicans and those from Central America coming here illegally or making bogus asylum claims are not suffering from persecution and that's the only valid reason to claim asylum in our country. No one has the right to violate our borders just because they are poor either.

Immigrants do better than Americans? Since when? If you are speaking of illegal aliens rich people like Gates just like the cheap labor to increase their profits. They don't work any harder than Americans do.
Have you been to some of those countries lately to be able to dismiss the concerns of the families fleeing them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies