Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 09:47 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
^^^ This is how a liberal argues.

1) Call the person who disagrees with you a racist.

2) Blame American rich people for when foreigners in this country illegally break the law.
1) You are asduming it yourself, i didnt say that word.

2) One man had the balls to build the wall, see what they did to him.

Why do guys like oldglory argue that things got worse? Because he lived in times wherevamericans could save, buy a house and live proudly. Not struggle with debt like most americans now. Fux that , rest will take care if itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 10:12 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Many American children suffer educationally because the teachers attention is on the illegals that do not speak the language. It takes the attention off the American children who are struggling with understanding the assignments and they are forgotten. Their grades slip and no one is there to help them.
Exactly. Our daughter was diagnosed with ADD in second grade. The solution to aiding her learning process? Adderol and a set of headphones. At that point, I started homeschooling her where I saw deficiencies and hired a part-time tutor. We also enrolled her after school activities such as creative classes because those programs were deleted in favor of DARE and other time wasters. I was told by the school district that monies were specifically designated for ESL and that there were no funds for those with learning disabilities.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:16 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The following is from a Pew Research study published in 2019.

The most common age for whites in the United States was 58.

The most common age for minorities overall was less than half of that; 27.

For Asians it was 29.
For blacks it was 27.
For Hispanics it was 11.

For biracials it was 3.

Each new American generation has a smaller white percentage than the one that preceded it.

The United States will become minority-majority by 2045 per census estimates. There was a study in the New York Times that revealed that even if everything that the Trump Administration had proposed on immigration was enacted, the date that the nation becomes minority-majority would only be delayed by 5 years.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ethnic-groups/

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...nsus-projects/

Those cold, hard facts have triggered a backlash of fear and anger, primarily from older whites who feel that they are losing their country, but that backlash is powerless to change it. Trying to reverse demographic change is roughly akin to altering the course of a huge ship. You can’t do it in an instance. For better or for worse, our demographic cake is baked for the next 30 or 40 years. People need to come to terms with that reality.
Works for me. Chickens coming home to roost.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:25 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
People are flooding to private education. Only the really poor have to rely on waiting for public education to open back up.
When they reopen, class size will be reduced greatly in a lot of school districts.
They get funding by the count of students in those seats.

Guess what the plan is to keep the government sucking tax money and wanting more and more.
OPEN BORDERS!
Those districts will lose millions if they don't fill those seats vacated by the great awakening.
Send a bill to every democrat who voted for it. Only then will the insanity stop.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:23 PM

4,391 posts, read 1,699,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where did I do that? Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said that I was sure that some of those kids were the offspring of citizen parents. I guess you ignored that part?
When you call me and my family “the exception to the rule,” you're saying everyone else is as you described. Hence, the “wide brush” comment. Or maybe that's just my reading comprehension problem.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:35 PM

4,391 posts, read 1,699,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
Exactly. Our daughter was diagnosed with ADD in second grade. The solution to aiding her learning process? Adderol and a set of headphones. At that point, I started homeschooling her where I saw deficiencies and hired a part-time tutor. We also enrolled her after school activities such as creative classes because those programs were deleted in favor of DARE and other time wasters. I was told by the school district that monies were specifically designated for ESL and that there were no funds for those with learning disabilities.
Your school lied. There ARE monies for SPED, and even if their isn't, schools still have to provide the service. It’s federal law. The can be sued for denial of FAPE, AND also be sued for a civil rights violation. They can be sued under the IDEA and the ADA laws. They usually resolve the problem long before that though (but not always). Depending on how things went down, you could even get reimbursed for the cost of the tutors (but probably not the creative classes, which I think are a GREAT intervention for ADD).

Also, the school cannot prescribe Adderall or even suggest that you get a prescription for Adderall. They are not medical doctors. That is a big no-no.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:37 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Works for me. Chickens coming home to roost.
Why don't you just move to a completely non-white country now? What are you waiting for? Haiti is close by, they kicked the white people out of there 200 years ago. It sounds like just the place for you.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:41 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
No surprise there. The point is that these are likely lousy schools, the kind that you would never send your children to.
The school that I mentioned was ranked by US News as #14 in the state and #1,168 nationally. The national figure may seem low, but there are 24,000 high schools in the United States.

And it ranks higher than many rural schools with comparatively little to no ESL enrollment.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:56 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How would the schools know that since they aren't allowed to ask the status of their students? It all depends on the area to. Here in the southwest you can bet your bottom dollar that that percentage is much, much higher.
Okay, what it is?

You're the one making all these wild claims about them flooding our schools, what's the percentage of illegals in public schools if it isn't the 1.3% number that Pew Research came up with using government statistics.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:10 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The school that I mentioned was ranked by US News as #14 in the state and #1,168 nationally. The national figure may seem low, but there are 24,000 high schools in the United States.

And it ranks higher than many rural schools with comparatively little to no ESL enrollment.
What school that you mentioned? We're talking about public schools that have more illegal aliens, than Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies