Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 06:06 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,404,546 times

Advertisements

Good for you. I've been against forced mask wearing since the beginning of this nightmare. I think it should be a choice. I don't wear a mask unless I am absolutely forced to... You will never see me walking around with a mask outside..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2021, 06:06 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,916,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You wear a mask in your car don't you. By yourself.
How would that protect strangers?

Old 03-14-2021, 06:14 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It's funny how most of the Leftists just roll over for big government over reach and do not have the vision to see the big picture and what is really happening. But, hey it's just a mask.

Totally submissive.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:23 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I've become a single-issue voter: Anti-masks

LOL

Masks are a temporary expedient, it will not last forever.

You will go from one issue to no issues.
"Just two weeks to flatten the curve".

And if, after that, you still believe that "it will not last forever" crap, I have a bridge that I've been looking to foist off on the next fool I run into.
If you actually believe that anyone wants you to wear a mask forever, you would have to be out of your mind.

We just want this pandemic to subside. That'as it!

The fastest way to accomplish that would be sensible hygiene, right now, including frequent hand washings and masks in public. It's not forever, we just need to be sensible for a time.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:41 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I really want to break that 675K death record from 1918. Non mask wearing and not taking the vaccine will help immensely for us to get there.
Do you think that will satisfy the antimask and antivaccine people any happier? If behavior doesn't change, I don't see how we do not break that record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Noble goal. We are already at 539,000 deaths in the USA and 2.6 million in the world. I think the USA should break a million deaths. And, it will with the patriots posting here. Go freedom, individuality, sickness, and death!!!
But they are fighting for their freedom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Yes and perhaps Covid will be a great Darwinian method for reducing national stupidity!
It should would help to raise the average intelligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Good for you. I've been against forced mask wearing since the beginning of this nightmare. I think it should be a choice. I don't wear a mask unless I am absolutely forced to... You will never see me walking around with a mask outside..
I don't see a reason to wear a mask outdoors, but I would never go without a mask indoors in a public place such as a store.

I think it is time to start calling out people who are not wearing masks in stores. I really don't want to break the 1918 record.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:43 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
Contrary to the New York Thruway sign, "small ask, wear a mask," mask mandates are gigantic government overreach. Masks take away our faces and make full communication impossible. They also stop children from developing the key part of their brains, the fusiform gyrus by which they will recognize faces and facial expressions for a lifetime. Masks on women are a key feature of authoritarian and jihadist ideology, and a test to see what restrictions on civil liberties the public will tolerate.

I was in favor of masks back when Fauci was telling people not to. Sure they probably help a small amount during outbreaks. However, covid cases are now plummetting everywhere, and we have three approved vaccines plus a dozen more in the pipleine, and they're saying keep wearing two or three masks even after vaccination. Now that the pandemic is over, I believe we need to actively push back against the covid anxiety and germaphobia that has been pounded into people's brains which is why I am now basically a single-issue voter against mask mandates.
What a silly thing to take such a strong stand on. Wearing a mask is no big deal. I plan on doing it from now on most for the time I am out and about indoors (outdoors not likely unless I am in a crowd outdoors). The reason is people are rude and still go out when they hey are sick. I catch colds and flu’s very easily. If a mask prevents that I’m ALL for it.

I’m also going o be more strict about coworkers who come to work sick. They really have no right to put others at risk. I’ll simply tell my boss either they go home or I do. I can work from home, so it’s not really a big deal, but it is very selfish and inconsiderate of people to knowingly put others at risk.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:47 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I only wear one when I have to other than that, no thanks! My theory is if you are so paranoid then you wear a mask to protect yourself. I'm not wearing one to protect you when you are already wearing one!

I went to a fast food place the other day and I couldn't understand a word that the employee was saying as words sound like mumbling to me with those masks on. She clearly couldn't understand me either. I can only tolerate one for a short period of time and then it becomes hard to breathe to.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I only wear one when I have to other than that, no thanks! My theory is if you are so paranoid then you wear the mask to protect yourself. I'm not wearing one to protect you when you are already wearing one!

The health and well being of "the collective" is none of my damn business.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:49 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Do you think that will satisfy the antimask and antivaccine people any happier? If behavior doesn't change, I don't see how we do not break that record.

But they are fighting for their freedom!

It should would help to raise the average intelligence.

I don't see a reason to wear a mask outdoors, but I would never go without a mask indoors in a public place such as a store.

I think it is time to start calling out people who are not wearing masks in stores. I really don't want to break the 1918 record.
You picked a VERY appropriate User Name. Do you know how many small businesses have closed permanently due to Government Mandated restrictions using Covid as the excuse. People worked and sacrificed all their lives for those businesses only to have them ARBITRARILY SHUTTERED. Yes we are fighting for our FREEDOM. You are clueless.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:50 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
Now that the pandemic is over, I believe
Fail point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies