Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 09:38 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,521,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
All of them? Are you sure?
Where did I use the word "all"?
But answer the question I posed...
Are we supposed to respect all 14 yr olds desires?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 10:11 PM

140 posts, read 234,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova
The government is overreaching into sexual problems with teens.. this is the parents rights and only the parents rights period.
Well seeing the US govt thinks they own the world,this isnt surprising....

Someone should at least try to overpower them!!

Last edited by jergesn; 03-15-2021 at 10:36 PM..

Old 03-15-2021, 10:12 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I was responding to the OP's lock and load rhetoric. I have every right to defend myself against an angry bigot who thinks trans people are trying to corrupt children (my friends with children would find hilarious), and would seek to do me harm should I encounter one.
Agreed. You don't seem like an activist at all, and we shouldn't paint with a broad brush. However, the radical activists are the most vocal, so many assume they all are like that.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:36 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Well seeing the US govt thinks they own the world,this isnt surprising....

Someone should at least try to overpower them!!
Look at what happened on Jan 6th!!

Try that and you will be made to look like a domestic terrorist...and majority of the population will fall for it and demand you are punished...(this is how successful tyranny is today), they have found a sneaky way to get around 'freedom and liberty'...Its very clever.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
To clarify, you'd want to overthrow the Canadian government because a father won't respect his child's decision?

I don't have enough information about what actually happened to say much more about this story, but if a 14 year old felt they had to go to court to transition without their parent's consent, two things must be true. 1. They are very confident in the decision. 2. The parents are very un-supportive of their child.
Girl has identified as male since age 11. She has a history of attempting suicide.

Child began hormone treatment, with her mother’s consent, in early 2019, when she was 14.

All sorts of groups on all sides of this got involved when the father sought to stop hormone treatment.

The boy is now 16.

It has been estimated 0.6% of the US population identifies as a gender different than their birth.

Gender nonconformity has been around since ancient times. I don’t understand it.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I cant imagine anyone supporting this. I am not giving the federalist any clicks. There is a lot here, for the sake of argument lets put aside the transgender issue. The idea that a court would over rule parents is appalling but there are cases where that makes sense, medical treatments being one of them, there would have to be strong medical consensus of the necessity of the treatment. I do not think you can have that with gender dysmorphia, certainly transitioning now versus @18 is not a life or death, unless there is a history of suicide ideations even then to say the hormone therapy is a treatment for the ideations is a stretch and the only treatment at that. Yea, hard to justify it.

That is really the egregious thing here, not a fan of compelled speech but I thought Canadas thing was a very narrow subset, you have to keep doing it and almost prove ill intent.
The parents were not in agreement.

Reportedly, the child has identified as male since age 11 and has attempted suicide. Mother consented to hormone treatment when the child was 14 in 2019.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:54 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,035,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
What is most ludicrous is that we now have an entire system that thinks hormones and gender surgery are better options than mental health counseling. How did we get to this point?
I bet there is a correlation between these government agencies and them getting kickbacks from big pharma by forcing their drugs on the population. And what better way to do it than forcing it on kids who are easily indoctrinated and brainwashed.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:57 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,592,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Let's clarify. After seeing this thread, I read the court decision. This child was born female, but had been living as a male for years before this took place, and had gone through therapy. The mother supported and signed off on the treatment in question. When the father was informed of the treatment, he didn't even go to the clinic to discuss with the doctors. At what point does the father start to listen to the mother and his child, and at what point do we consider the mother and child's decision over the father's?
ahh... now you are into details and facts. Since when do those matter?

Old 03-15-2021, 11:58 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,592,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Shame on all people who think this father is wrong.
Did you read the court transcripts which another poster did?

Old 03-16-2021, 01:42 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,521,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The parents were not in agreement.

Reportedly, the child has identified as male since age 11 and has attempted suicide. Mother consented to hormone treatment when the child was 14 in 2019.
So we know the kid has mental illness. Rather than screw up the kid further with hormones, why not do therapy to get them healthy mentally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies