Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2021, 03:04 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Who is the "they" that are coming for "our children"?
The wokeists, aka the Critical Theorists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 03:13 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It appears to be. This population - preadolescent children given puberty blockers and then opposite gender hormones is small, and unprecedented in history, so the evidence is still forming but yes, it appears to be true. After years of testosterone, a girl won't be able to return to a woman if she regrets this decision.
Oh I see. I was talking about puberty blockers being reversible. You are talking about gender affirming hormones. Is this child actually taking GA hormones, not just puberty blockers?

Old 03-16-2021, 03:19 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
To clarify, you'd want to overthrow the Canadian government because a father won't respect his child's decision?

I don't have enough information about what actually happened to say much more about this story, but if a 14 year old felt they had to go to court to transition without their parent's consent, two things must be true. 1. They are very confident in the decision. 2. The parents are very un-supportive of their child.
1. Name me one 14 yr old that is confident in their decision. 2. 14 yr olds are not mature enough to make a decision that complicated.

Old 03-16-2021, 03:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Oh I see. I was talking about puberty blockers being reversible. You are talking about gender affirming hormones. Is this child actually taking GA hormones, not just puberty blockers?
Yes. Since the child was 14, he's been taking testosterone injections and he's 16 now.

Old 03-16-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
If a grown adult wants to make that choice, well, that is their decision.

That is not the same as making that choice at 14.

A parent not bending to the choice of a 14 year old child is not merely sticking to “traditions gender norms†(as if there were something wrong with that), but also using their life experience and maturity to know that the way someone feels at 14 doesn’t often last a lifetime.

Giving a child time to develop emotionally and psychologically is a wonderful thing. It is NOT child abuse as the Canadian court suggests.

ETA: also (from your example), therapy might help those people not feel miserable their whole lives...
And isn’t the suicide rate among those who have had surgery really high?
I think we need to question why a 14 yr old would even consider wanting to be another sex.

Old 03-16-2021, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
14 yr olds think they shouldnt have a curfew and should be allowed to drink and smoke pot, skip school. Should the parent also respect those decisions, or is it just the woke liberal agenda decisions that qualify?
My thoughts exactly. I had three sons and I would be sitting in jail had I given into their decisions at 14.

Old 03-16-2021, 03:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I think we need to question why a 14 yr old would even consider wanting to be another sex.
In true transgender people, it's not about wanting to be another sex, it's about fully believing you ARE another sex. And that's really different.

There are children who, from the time they can talk and understand girls and boys, identify with the opposite gender and insist that's what they are.

Anyone who is old enough to watch the Sonny and Cher show, where they'd trot out little Chastity when she was a toddler, in these outrageous frilly dresses with bows, could see it. That child looked like a linebacker in a dress. No one who watched that, is surprised that when Chastity grew up, she claimed her maleness. You can put a lacy dress and patent leather shoes on a preschooler, and call her a girl, and look at her organs and call her a girl, but that was a boy. And she knew it. As did we all.

Old 03-16-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
No, actually we have stepped into the realm of science. Doctors specializing in these types of issues have determined that the earlier a child begins on hormone therapy the more likely they are going to have a successful transition and therefore a successful life. They found that people who transition later after the full complement of secondary sex characteristics have kicked in are rarely successful on the other hand and many times end up committing suicide.
Well, then maybe they should work on being the sex they were born with.

Old 03-16-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I think there's a little more nuances to this than meet the eye, when you just hear his side of the story.

It's not clear what rights he has to this child - the child's mother consented, and the father didn't realize for 11 months that his daughter was undergoing transitioning hormones. Eleven months.

It appears he doesn't see her regularly, and doesn't live with her.

So what should his rights in this instance BE if that's true - that he doesn't see her, and doesn't have custody?

Here's an article. Hoogland didn't find out for OVER A YEAR that she was being given puberty blockers and male hormones:

https://pulpitandpen.org/2020/05/01/...y-on-daughter/
The mother had no right to make that decision!

Old 03-16-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
That's not true. You can be forced to pay child support, but not have any medical decision making rights.
Who told you that B.S.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies