U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 11:59 AM

3,189 posts, read 2,698,780 times

Advertisements

Judging by what the culture has deemed appropriate recently it is safe to say that this performance during the GRAMMYs is good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQjA-hhDnLQ

But Dr. Seuss books are bad and ruin minds.

Other things deemed social acceptable today:
The Netflix show "Cuties"

Drag Queen Story Hour, with free twerking lessons
What I Saw at Drag Queen Story Hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17G-q6GSXI - Twerking starts at 4:07

Dr. Seuss is terribly confusing but these books won't confuse children at all (especially if they are read to them by a man in a dress):
My Princess Boy - An Amazon "Teachers' Pick" as well!
Julian Is a Mermaid - Another "Teachers' Pick"
I'm Not a Girl: A Transgender Story
It Feels Good to Be Yourself: A Book About Gender Identity

Also When Harry Became Sally: Responding to the Transgender Moment has been deemed in appropriate and offensive by the worlds largest bookseller Amazon but these books are A-OKAY:
Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler
The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx
The Anarchist Cookbook
The Satanic Bible

In case anyone is wondering which way our culture is trending towards...
Can't wait to see what comes next /sarcasm
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 12:04 PM

6,527 posts, read 3,058,153 times
Incredible isn`t it.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:04 PM

5,842 posts, read 2,116,319 times
Lol wait til the news of the awful ratings. Nobody cares about celebrities anymore like they used to, they've made us all just that sick.

I used to somewhat enjoy the awards shows but I'll die before I ever turn anything of the kind on ever again.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:09 PM

12,371 posts, read 6,756,466 times
Reactionaries have always hated the grammies. When I was a teenager, the conservatives were throwing a huge fit about Eminem. A few years later it was Lady Gaga. I'm also sure this is nothing new. When boomers were in their prime, their parents despised their rock music.

Some people will always view current pop culture as a sign of the destruction of society.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:12 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,477,911 times
The people that actually own the rights to Dr Seuss decided to make changes. They OWN it. Their right. The irony that Dr Seuss was a champion of understanding and diversity is thick.

"The Sneetches and Other Stories is a collection of stories by American children's author Dr. Seuss, published in 1961. It is composed of four separate stories with themes of tolerance, diversity, and compromise: "The Sneetches", "The Zax", "Too Many Daves", and "What Was I Scared Of?"."

Funny to see grown adults lamenting the demise of some relatively unknown children's books. People who never seem to question the censorship of real literature by their own kind.

Guessing that Dr Seuss were the last "books" any of these folks ever read. And they may have only looked at the pictures. Maybe because they find Dr Seuss "confusing". LOL

Old 03-15-2021, 12:14 PM

16,020 posts, read 11,214,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Lol wait til the news of the awful ratings. Nobody cares about celebrities anymore like they used to, they've made us all just that sick.

I used to somewhat enjoy the awards shows but I'll die before I ever turn anything of the kind on ever again.
What I am hoping is that Hollywood sort of goes away. That is: Myriads of people with ever expanding lower end equipment possibilities (IE the Nikon D7500 can shoot in 4k. cost 1K) flood the market for entertainment and by some miracle a video sharing source that is alternative to Youtube free of censorship emerges.

I know. Dare to dream.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:17 PM

20,958 posts, read 4,977,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Reactionaries have always hated the grammies. When I was a teenager, the conservatives were throwing a huge fit about Eminem. A few years later it was Lady Gaga. I'm also sure this is nothing new. When boomers were in their prime, their parents despised their rock music.

Some people will always view current pop culture as a sign of the destruction of society.

If you support this, I'll venture that it is already too late for you.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:18 PM

But I like the Hodge twins a lot. Thanks for that.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:31 PM

19,713 posts, read 12,988,991 times
Welcome to the new world but if you are over 25 stop staring you are a pervert.

It is refreshing to know that after so many years of the strong feminists movement that demanded and then taught us that we should see women have more to offer than their bodies that we are right back to that and don't worry boys if you are feeling left out because in 2021, you can be a sexy girl too.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Welcome to the new world but if you are over 25 stop staring you are a pervert.

It is refreshing to know that after so many years of the strong feminists movement that demanded and then taught us that we should see women have more to offer than their bodies that we are right back to that and don't worry boys if you are feeling left out because in 2021, you can be a sexy girl too.

The hypocrisy is nauseating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies