Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 09:58 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
If we apply your reasoning to the current issue being discussed, then only television pundits on cable networks can comment on this topic. I'm fairly certain that isn't your chosen line of work.

I proudly served my country in uniform for 16 years. That doesn't make my opinion(s) any more or less valuable than anyone else's.
Just serving in the military does not necessarily mean you can speak with any expertise on the issue of whether or not pregnant women are able to pilot military aircraft. A mess hall cook, or warehouse clerk knows about as much on that topic as Tucker Carlson does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 10:08 AM

634 posts, read 328,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Pregnant women are not flying military aircraft. The G-suit alone would make this impossible after the first trimester.
Pregnant women can still fly on training flights to stay certified/current but I don’t know enough to know specifically what craft they are flying. I would assume it’d be whatever they are certified for, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Yeah, they definitely aren’t flying combat ops though.

But the claim being made by some that “pregnant women don’t need maternity flight suits because they shouldn’t be flying and going to war” is moot anyway though because (and I want to repeat it for those who seem to be taking longer to keep up since I was saying it earlier this morning): you can wear a flight suit even though you aren’t going to be flying, which means you can be pregnant and still be authorized to wear a flight suit.

This article lists some times when pilots can wind up being pregnant and even talks about how some pilots plan their pregnancies specifically to coincide with scheduled times when they are doing other duties, like instructing or other non-deployable jobs, so they can grow a family while not having it interfere with the mission or their ability to stay a pilot: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...-flight-suits/
And plenty of those types of duties are instances when they would be allowed to wear a flight suit.
That link has some actual good info down near the bottom below all of the talk about what Tucker said and the response to it, for those who want to be educated on the topic rather than make knee-jerk responses and then double-down on them after being told they’re wrong.

Old 03-17-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
If we apply your reasoning to the current issue being discussed, then only television pundits on cable networks can comment on this topic. I'm fairly certain that isn't your chosen line of work.
Yep. Pretty sure that poster isn’t a television pundit, so they aren’t allowed to have an opinion about what television pundits say on their shows.

The “he didn’t even serve” gatekeeping from the people clapping back at Tucker, or just from anyone in general when there is a discussion about military topics, is something I can’t get behind. No one should have to serve in the military to be able to voice their opinions on military issues. That doesn’t mean they have to be listened to by anyone else or that people can’t refute what they’re saying with facts though. Tucker should be free to make whatever inaccurate claims and disparaging comments about the military that he wants whether he served or not. If he said something positive and actually correct about the military, does that not matter since he didn’t actually serve? No one in the military should listen to anyone that wasn’t in about anything? “Well the number he provided for a total dollar value of the entire F-35 program certainly sounds correct but he didn’t even serve, so what does he know?”

Old 03-17-2021, 10:36 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
ROFLMAO, the dictatorships of the world are definitely quaking in their boots at the sight of an increasingly feminized US military

Old 03-17-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
ROFLMAO, the dictatorships of the world are definitely quaking in their boots at the sight of an increasingly feminized US military
Yep; you’re right! You totally convinced me! Better for more women to get injured from oversized plates digging into their thighs and hips in the same spot repeatedly over long periods of time and from of lack armor coverage on their torso from improperly-sized gear than for the entire military to look “feminized” because they ordered properly-fitted armor/vests to protect their personnel.

Why are soldiers even wearing armor to begin with? Not wanting to get shot is for women; infantry should march in a single-file line at their enemy while wearing tee-shirts that say “Come at me, bro.”

Old 03-17-2021, 10:43 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Enlist, Tucker!
Go and fix it yourself!
No? Don't wanna?
Oh... I see. You have terrible bone spurs....
Then shut up.

The world has no need for an over-privileged Ivy League cracker with an alligator mouth and a butterfly behind.
Talk is cheap, Tucker. Put some muscle in the game or get out of it.

Old 03-17-2021, 11:19 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
When asked about thes new Military hairstyles for women, Biden said 'they smell good'.

Old 03-17-2021, 11:34 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Enlist, Tucker!
Go and fix it yourself!
No? Don't wanna?
Oh... I see. You have terrible bone spurs....
Then shut up.

The world has no need for an over-privileged Ivy League cracker with an alligator mouth and a butterfly behind.
Talk is cheap, Tucker. Put some muscle in the game or get out of it.
Glad he gets to you and lives in your head rent free. Go Tucker!

So, nobody is allowed to comment on this issue if they aren't in the military? How about CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, NYT, Washpo and the rest? All must be silent?

Old 03-17-2021, 02:12 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
good to know you have no issue sending your pregnant wife to check out the noise down stairs at midnight
I don't have a wife.

Old 03-17-2021, 02:18 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
uum, if you are a woman and you allow your husband/bf going in without any protection, it's 100% your fault......unless you think men have total control of women bodies??

In addition, what if the man is not in the military? now what?

and if he is in the military, you are going to kick him out too? now both husband/wife are out of the job. How the heck is that going to help the woman/expectant mother?
Can't do much to a civilian. If he's in the military, he should have thought of that prior to "going in" without protection. Contrary to the beliefs of many, women are not responsible for each and every foolish thing men choose to do. He "went in" without protection, there are consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies