Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2021, 10:55 AM

45,882 posts, read 27,530,872 times

Advertisements

Restaurant gets death threats for not allowing server to wear Black Lives Matter mask

The owner of a popular California restaurant says the eatery got death threats and was forced to close for not allowing a waitress to wear a Black Lives Matter mask on the job, according to a report.

“I would have absolutely abided by the mask rules if they had a sign up that said Black Lives Matter,” said Stout, who left the job over the conflict, told the station.

“As a Brown ***** fem person, standing up for the marginalized has always been important to me. I know how it feels to walk around in downtown Sonoma when you have darker skin than others and getting those sideway stares,” she said.

The restaurant later responded on Facebook, saying, “We did not fire her, we did not force her out, she made her own decision to quit because she did not want to follow the rules.”

This is just like what they do in radical Islam. You don't accept their beliefs, they cut you off - and that's on a good day. On a bad day, they cut your head off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 10:57 AM

26,332 posts, read 19,211,373 times
I wonder if they would have gotten death threats had the owner insisted the waitress remove her maga hat?

My guess is that they would not have gotten death threats, besides threats to kill the waitress for having worn a maga hat. You see, these types of bigots will fight for your right to wear what you like... as long as it's what they like. Otherwise, you have no right to parade your political affiliations or thoughts.

Old 02-13-2021, 11:11 AM

24,793 posts, read 17,523,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I wonder if they would have gotten death threats had the owner insisted the waitress remove her maga hat?

My guess is that they would not have gotten death threats, besides threats to kill the waitress for having worn a maga hat. You see, these types of bigots will fight for your right to wear what you like... as long as it's what they like. Otherwise, you have no right to parade your political affiliations or thoughts.

Good points ChrisC. I couldn't rep you again.

Last night while channel surfing I came across the 1989 Spike Lee movie "Do the Right Thing" and its message is just as relevant today as it was then. In the movie the Italians had a pizza shop in a Black neighborhood and people were happy and they all worked together until a few guys didn't like the fact that the Italian eatery had only photos of Italian celebrities on their wall. The exchange got heated when the shop owner smashed the boom box that the black guy refused to turn off. The Police were called and ended up chocking to death the black guy that started the fight and had nearly chocked to death the owner of the pizza joint, which triggered the hood to loot and burn the pizza shop.

Wow, have we been seeing History repeating itself or not?

One has to wonder what the next step for those that threatened death on the owner of this restaurant, if they will make good on their threat or burn the place down?

People are just as heated today as they were in 1989.

Old 02-13-2021, 01:15 PM

4,195 posts, read 4,925,358 times
Businesses have the right to require employee dress code compliance as a condition of employment. Expression of personal, political, or religious causes or beliefs does not belong in the workplace. In right to work states the employer or employee can both choose to terminate employment without cause at any time.

Old 02-13-2021, 01:38 PM

6,008 posts, read 2,940,970 times
Folks who fault the action or opinion of an employer in the manner of employee atire have. never worked with the public.
Quit if you don't like the rules and dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Old 02-13-2021, 01:42 PM

8,836 posts, read 5,167,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Businesses have the right to require employee dress code compliance as a condition of employment. Expression of personal, political, or religious causes or beliefs does not belong in the workplace. In right to work states the employer or employee can both choose to terminate employment without cause at any time.
Excently post!

Old 02-13-2021, 06:22 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,118,771 times
Where were these people like even just five years ago? This was not happening then, or even in the 2000s, and 90s.

Did these people just turn 18 just within these past five years, and are now free to express themselves? If so, who has been indoctrinating them?

Old 03-16-2021, 03:14 PM

8,836 posts, read 5,167,082 times
If a waitress came to my table wearing a BLM mask.......I would get up and leave.

Old 03-16-2021, 04:52 PM

18,525 posts, read 15,360,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Whats wrong with people saying OTHER PEOPLEs lives matter??

I think we all matter!
If that's how you really feel, why dont you try wearing a mask that says "All Lives Matter" to work one day.

See what happens.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:48 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,990,319 times
Is there anywhere people can get away from this woke virtual signaling? If I were going out to eat, the last thing I would want is a waitress who forces her beliefs in my face. Be neutral while at work. Be as 'woke' as you want on your personal time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies