Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 03:22 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Gavin Newsom is on his way OUT. Since Asians outnumber Blacks almost 3 to 1 in California, I agree that he should pick an Asian but since their data doesn't fit the "victimhood narrative" from the leftist media, more convenient to just ignore Asians.
OK, so why don't you go lobby Newsome and suggest someone? How about Ro Khanna? But I'm not sure you'd go for him because your ideological positions are completely different than his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 03:27 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Well, California is about 7% black. Therefore, at least 50% of their U.S. senators should be black people. Anyone who says otherwise denies science.

Old 03-16-2021, 03:31 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I have no idea why Newsom is not considering an asian. Nor, do I care. You have to keep in mind, that, until quite recently only white males were considered and no others were even allowed to apply. Was our history divisive to you? Why are you upset that others are allowed at the table? Besides, worry not as the Senate is still 91% white.

Edit: I was using demographics from the 116th Congress. In the current 117th Congress, whites make up 89% of the Senate. https://www.americanbar.org/content/...thcongress.pdf
As far as I know, no U.S. state has had a white male population as low as 3-4%. That's really narrowing things down to a certain subset.

Old 03-16-2021, 04:49 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I have no idea why Newsom is not considering an asian. Nor, do I care. You have to keep in mind, that, until quite recently only white males were considered and no others were even allowed to apply. Was our history divisive to you? Why are you upset that others are allowed at the table? Besides, worry not as the Senate is still 91% white.

Edit: I was using demographics from the 116th Congress. In the current 117th Congress, whites make up 89% of the Senate. https://www.americanbar.org/content/...thcongress.pdf
I asked why he is not even considering any Asians and you turn it into some sort of diatribe about how I prefer white senators and don't want others to have a seat at the table and that there are too many whites.

I ask again, how do you justify not even considering an Asian?

P.S. If you are lumping Asians in as "white" then come right out and say it because it sure seems that's the angle you are working which is pretty racist on your part.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:54 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
For all those folks losing their minds over Newsom supposedly appointing someone to replace Feinstein:

Senator Feinstein says she intends to finish out her term, which ends in 2024. If she chooses not to run for reelection, then there will be a primary of candidates vying to be the nominee. That can be anyone, and it's up for grabs as an open seat.

https://www.newsweek.com/dianne-fein...do-job-1576631

Old 03-16-2021, 06:07 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
For all those folks losing their minds over Newsom supposedly appointing someone to replace Feinstein:

Senator Feinstein says she intends to finish out her term, which ends in 2024. If she chooses not to run for reelection, then there will be a primary of candidates vying to be the nominee. That can be anyone, and it's up for grabs as an open seat.

https://www.newsweek.com/dianne-fein...do-job-1576631
Should be interesting to see the next left wing lunatic the moonbats in CA send to the Senate.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:36 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
As far as I know, no U.S. state has had a white male population as low as 3-4%. That's really narrowing things down to a certain subset.
Not sure what you are saying???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I asked why he is not even considering any Asians and you turn it into some sort of diatribe about how I prefer white senators and don't want others to have a seat at the table and that there are too many whites.

I ask again, how do you justify not even considering an Asian?

P.S. If you are lumping Asians in as "white" then come right out and say it because it sure seems that's the angle you are working which is pretty racist on your part.
I answered that I do not know why Newsom in not considering an Asian candidate. I don't care. Maybe there is something written up on it. Do a search if you care. Also, not sure how stating a simple fact is implying what you prefer or not or that there are too many white senators-- 89 out of 100 are white, yes. Finally, I do not understand your PS. You are making many assumptions and leaps here. Where do I even imply that asians and whites are the same. I wonder why do you or any of these posters care who Newsom appoints?

Anyway, I understand Feinstein has no intention of retiring but I think she should. Too many stories of her not being fit any longer. Cheers.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:40 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Gavin Newsom is on his way OUT. Since Asians outnumber Blacks almost 3 to 1 in California, I agree that he should pick an Asian but since their data doesn't fit the "victimhood narrative" from the leftist media, more convenient to just ignore Asians.
Please don't fall for the siren song of racial grievance mongering. If he is given the opportunity, Newsom should pick whoever he feels is best for the job. If that happens to be a black woman, or an Asian man, or whoever, then fine. But to openly declare that he will only select some one if they are (1) black and (2) female is nothing but identity politics and pandering. And racist. And it would be just as racist if he said he would only chose an Asian man . . . or, for that matter, a white man.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:54 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Stop deflecting. You and the other Leftists are just fine with using skin color and gender as sole means to pick people and exclude White Males.

Then in the same breath you virtue signal and say America has "Systemic Racism". More hypocrisy and dishonesty you guys are known for.
Well white males were just fine with it when they were using skin color and gender as a sole means to pick people. Don't like it when the shoe's on the other foot, do ya?

Old 03-16-2021, 06:58 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well white males were just fine with it when they were using skin color and gender as a sole means to pick people. Don't like it when the shoe's on the other foot, do ya?
Apparently, "two wrongs don't make a right" doesn't register in some quarters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies