Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 11:33 AM

3,987 posts, read 6,602,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Highlighted above...All of it is true...where do work..the White house?
Right here is the problem. He said/she said. If you actually break down what was said - none of it is actually true...there are no "open" borders. Biden isn't hiding. He was just on national TV last week, etc..etc....

There are just disgruntled, angry folks that will never be happy. That's all it is. They come online so they can angrily state what they want to - most things they would never say face to face to another person.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:34 AM

10,278 posts, read 7,900,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Wow...weird how our country is destroyed. I mean...It must have been recent, cause I havent seen any of it. Heck my internet still works!
Let's start with all the criminals, potential terrorists, cartel with deadly drugs, Covid spreaders, sex/child traffickers, etc. flowing into Idiot Biden's open borders. You think this is great for our country? In what way?

Old 03-16-2021, 11:42 AM

8,600 posts, read 4,852,970 times
It is a bit of a Republican echo chamber in here. A lot of folks peddle and reinforce some pretty strange notions here. Apparently a lot of stuff is grand conspiracy stuff. Frankly a lot of it sounds as bunk and crazy as many of the lefty woke crowd claims, as I’ve pointed out elsewhere.

Frankly, I think it would do a lot of people a lot of good to not silo themselves they way they do. It’s all too easy to get trapped in that cycle, though, as the internet has shaped a lot of media, both on- and off-line into tribalist silos which eventually dull participants’ critical and independent thinking skills into dust. There’s no cross-pollination of ideas, and no need to reconcile other points of view - instead, only the things which reinforce an ideological point of view get circulated, while things which don’t get conveniently left out.

This, by the way, is certainly not just a problem for republicans or conservatives. It was the left which first succumbed to this and showed us how weird and dangerous it can get.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:43 AM

10,278 posts, read 7,900,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
Normally I would agree with you, but this administration and it's fellow travelers seem willing to do just about anything right now, and who knows how much they will be able to screw with the voting system in the next 18 months? You can't lose if you control the ballots.
The way I see it is dems are cancelling out a lot of their votes. You have the increased crime in some democratic states, defunding the police and just allowing people to kill each other. For each person that will be allowed to be killed, you have a illegal alien taking that place in the voting. Sadly they will cancel each out so not too many extra votes there.

Then you take into account that some dems even hate what the current administration is doing so they may sway more right.

Then you will have even more Repubs people out there voting that maybe had never voted in their life. They don't want to continue with Biden and his co-horts and will get out and vote. They've had enough of the CRAZY!

But you have a very good point about them manipulating and fortifying (cheating) the voting system once again.

Thanks for raining on my parade! They are so good at cheating.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:44 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,453,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Let's start with all the criminals, potential terrorists, cartel with deadly drugs, Covid spreaders, sex/child traffickers, etc. flowing into Idiot Biden's open borders. You think this is great for our country? In what way?
We dont have open borders. We are still arresting people.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/media-r...order-security

Any more nonsense?

Old 03-16-2021, 11:45 AM

1,287 posts, read 1,104,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
So many threads of people complaining about what we have in the White House or how things are changing for the worse. The chances of the Republicans winning back the majority in the House and Senate in 2022 is looking very good. I know I'll be relieved.
City data appears to lean right and now more right. People upset they lost so they come here cause they can't hate & hide on other social sites. Well exception is Twitter trolls. I am relieved Trump is out and know a lot of others feel the same way.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
City data appears to lean right and now more right. People upset they lost so they come here cause they can't hate & hide on other social sites. Well exception is Twitter trolls. I am relieved Trump is out and know a lot of others feel the same way.
Hmm..lately it does seem that way. It has seemed to go a bit more right, but I figure its for the cause you indicate. Theyre upset about losing. Right now about 80% of the posting seems right wing. But hopefully that will go back to a closer to even mix in another year or so.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:51 AM

6,148 posts, read 8,025,370 times
POC has been a right wing echo chamber at least since the Obama years.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:55 AM

4,254 posts, read 3,801,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No its more Blue actually. But I didnt paint it. Not a fan of white for outside colors. Inside walls tend to be white, but I add a touch of blue to the paint as I have heard that helps with mood.

Its nonsense. Your response doesnt change that.
Whats nonsense is that the current administration doesnt have policies in mind that benefit America. I am all for giving credit where credit is due even if I dont like whos in office, but even if I dig, I cant find anything this guy has done that deserves credit. I didnt like Obama, but even this guy makes Obama look good.

I am curious what policies his supporters feel benefit Americans?

Old 03-16-2021, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Whats nonsense is that the current administration doesnt have policies in mind that benefit America. I am all for giving credit where credit is due even if I dont like whos in office, but even if I dig, I cant find anything this guy has done that deserves credit. I didnt like Obama, but even this guy makes Obama look good.

I am curious what policies his supporters feel benefit Americans?
Pretty happy with the pandemic response of this administration. Also that they seem to feel like giving a tax break that primarily helps the top is not important.

They also seem to have a focus on helping all of us out, not just the ones that voted for them.

Rumors are that we are actually going to have infrastructure investments, something the prior administration made a mockery of. Every week was infrastructure week.

Happy that whitehouse logs are being released again

Happy about the press secretary actually answering questions.

Happy that they didnt feel the need to put their name on things.

REALLY happy to see hiring decisions influenced more by ability then loyalty.

Etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies