Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 12:21 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,353,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Well, if there was anything he has done that I agree with there might be a thread on that. As a moderate conservative, I can't think of a single thing. Everything he has done so far has undermined the security of the US in one way or another.

If someone can think of something a moderate conservative might agree with, please post. I'm open to giving credit where credit is due.
Approach to the pandemic. You can argue about how much credit etc etc. But a pretty competent job so far.

Approach towards public service seems far more related to competence.

A very public hands off approach on the DOJ

Old 03-16-2021, 12:21 PM

10,072 posts, read 7,749,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im not that sort of muppet. Some other folks here might be, and certainly some of yall on Trump. But im not that sort of muppet.

Later on I will criticize Biden when he does things I disagree with, and yall will go "but you love Biden" without comprehending that you can disagree with someone while approving of their overall job performance.

What you're looking for is a cult. You know. Like Trumpists.
Sure is a lot of 'muppet talk. You did realize your people tried to cancel the muppets. That's so great of this big old country called the USA...bad evil muppets.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 03-16-2021 at 12:44 PM..

Old 03-16-2021, 12:22 PM

4,206 posts, read 3,753,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've decided I don't need to see all the naysaying about Biden, which has been the majority of the threads here since January 20th. People are going to feel the way they feel and no amount of information, facts, etc. is going to change that. I'm happy to just let him continue the great job he is doing, and have chosen to spend as little time as possible out of the fray. Like the saying goes, never wrestle a pig in the mud. You'll both get dirty and the pig will enjoy it way too much.
What exactly is the great job he is doing?

Old 03-16-2021, 12:23 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,440,663 times
Quote:
Obama was the best president and got so many good things done while in office even with having the fight the right the whole way.

BTW Trump? Had a GOP led house and senate for YEARS. With enough of a margin that he could have delivered. Obama? Between people dying, or getting sick, or having the GOP block them from being seated.....had a majority by 1 in only a tiny time period. And even then it assumes the independents are with you.

What else ya got?
List the good things Obama did. Well, he got Osama bin Laden and mandated that existing conditions be covered by insurance. Only two things I can think of he did that I agreed with.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Did ANYONE think Trump supporters would suddenly speak well of Democrats? They are all in to bring Trump back in 2024 and elect anyone with the name Trump before and after 2024. The next four years will be all criticism 24/7. When Obama was in office, I used to really be sad about it. Now, I do not care one single bit.

Many Trump supporters were Tea Party until Trump took office. Then we saw that they didn't care about debt until Trump was the one spending the money. The last four years really showed us the reality. Ultimately, we will likely split in some fashion and that's okay.
On multiple occasions I have spoken well of Trump. And some of the folks on the right speak well of Biden on specific topics. But the problem is just as you point too-most folks dont. They've picked a side like college football, and then....right or wrong your guy is good, the other is bad. Its a sad state of affairs. I wish more folks were intellectually honest.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:25 PM

8,470 posts, read 4,718,578 times
Quote:
On multiple occasions I have spoken well of Trump. And some of the folks on the right speak well of Biden on specific topics. But the problem is just as you point too-most folks dont. They've picked a side like college football, and then....right or wrong your guy is good, the other is bad. Its a sad state of affairs. I wish more folks were intellectually honest.
Yup!!!!

The times I have spoken well of Trump, it was ignored, either because it was something of a given that one should speak well of Trump here, or because my more-often attacks in Trump meant that whatever praise I gave for Trump rang hollow to some.

The independent thinking of a good American voter is fairly hard to find online. It feels like a lot of people can’t believe it’s possible to, for instance, dislike and administration but praise some policies or moments, or approve of an administration but acknowledge and point out the warts. That’s not only possible, I believe it’s desirable.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:25 PM

41,933 posts, read 75,126,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
So many threads of people complaining about what we have in the White House or how things are changing for the worse.
There's a certain faction among the forum regulars that enjoys diving into conspiracy theories, "alternative facts", hysteria, willfull misunderstanding and misrepresentation of fact, and hyperbole. Those are the threads that fit your premise.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Approach to the pandemic. You can argue about how much credit etc etc. But a pretty competent job so far.

Approach towards public service seems far more related to competence.

A very public hands off approach on the DOJ
What has Biden done that wasn't already in place by Trump for the pandemic? It is the governors who are doing the good or bad jobs around that.

I did think of one thing I'll give Biden credit for. That was the bombing of Iranian installations in Syria.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
There's a certain faction among the forum regulars that enjoys diving into conspiracy theories, "alternative facts", hysteria, willfull misunderstanding and misrepresentation of fact, and hyperbole. Those are the threads that fit your premise.
On both sides. Just go back and look at all the Orange Man Bad threads the last four years full of conspiracies, alternative facts and hysteria. Both sides are equally guilty of this.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
What has Biden done that wasn't already in place by Trump for the pandemic? It is the governors who are doing the good or bad jobs around that.

I did think of one thing I'll give Biden credit for. That was the bombing of Iranian installations in Syria.
200 page pandemic plan, on either the first or second day, posted to the whitehouse.gov website.
Multiple applications of the defense production act

Trump didn't leave anything resembling a plan beyond "its the governors jobs" which is nonsense. When something is a national emergency, its a federal response. Trying to foist it onto dozens of states with varying responses when the pandemic ignores states boundaries is a failure to lead. You should stop trying to defend that nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.