Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 08:31 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Exactly. Me either and their comments indicate they are clueless. The borders in my parents’ country are closed. Other islands have strict quarantines. I’m vaccinated and want to visit my grandmother and other family. So if vaccination passports are implemented, perhaps I’ll get to go. Hope you’re able to get your flight soon.
I got all my ducks in a row. Verified that Israel will except my documents and have booked my flight at the end of the month. Also checked with the US Embassy and they've given me a document clearing me to go from a international flight to a national flight. This is like Deja Vu when I booked and flew on the first day airplanes were allowed back into the air after 9/11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 08:38 AM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
If we would put a chip in someones hand or forehead would work better. Only people who receive the mark can buy or sell anything.
That is coming under Communist rule.. we are not there yet....

The chips today as small , very small. Taiwan makes a chip as big as a nanometer which is about one billionth of a meter.

The Orwellian playbook of the Communist democrats is being used today. It will progress under the propaganda media, the break down of our Constitution, our Supreme Court, the legislators will have no power left.They are now setting up how they will dismantle our three branches of government including our electorial voting system and will be taken over completely by Unconstitutional laws put in place to defeat America and replaced by mandates of what we can and cannot do.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Liberals: Everyone needs a vaccine passport to leave the country

Also Liberals: No one needs an ID to vote
The issue is beyond the petty politics.

A return to so called normal means the freedom to travel. Right now, most of the most desirable destinations will not admit US people without a vaccine or a very recent test and even then.....

Tourism is the second largest employer in Alaska. Most tourists arrive by cruise ships. Foreign- flagged cruise ships doing round trips from US ports are required to call on at least one foreign port which in the case of Alaska, is Canada. Some trips originate in Canada and use the inside passage to reach Alaska. Canada is not welcoming US cruise ship travelers at this time.

Then there’s the Caribbean market with cruise ships originating from several Florida ports. The ports of call are not particularly welcoming to ships packed with 500- 6000, mostly US passengers.

All US cruise ship ports charge each passenger a port tax/ fee which is shared by the port city/ county and state. Alaska ports charge the highest fees in the world.

And then there’s the rest of the world. It’s a two- way street. 70 million + international tourists visited the US in 2019, pre pandemic. That’s a heck of a lot of subsequent domestic travel, hotels, dining, shopping and entertainment revenue that went poof with the global pandemic.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:57 AM

3,073 posts, read 1,299,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The issue is beyond the petty politics.

A return to so called normal means the freedom to travel. Right now, most of the most desirable destinations will not admit US people without a vaccine or a very recent test and even then.....

Tourism is the second largest employer in Alaska. Most tourists arrive by cruise ships. Foreign- flagged cruise ships doing round trips from US ports are required to call on at least one foreign port which in the case of Alaska, is Canada. Some trips originate in Canada and use the inside passage to reach Alaska. Canada is not welcoming US cruise ship travelers at this time.

Then there’s the Caribbean market with cruise ships originating from several Florida ports. The ports of call are not particularly welcoming to ships packed with 500- 6000, mostly US passengers.

All US cruise ship ports charge each passenger a port tax/ fee which is shared by the port city/ county and state. Alaska ports charge the highest fees in the world.

And then there’s the rest of the world. It’s a two- way street. 70 million + international tourists visited the US in 2019, pre pandemic. That’s a heck of a lot of subsequent domestic travel, hotels, dining, shopping and entertainment revenue that went poof with the global pandemic.
I’m still not sure what the point of it all is. I highly doubt vaccinated tourists will care if someone else on their plane or ship isn’t vaccinated because that isn’t a threat to them barring the vaccine failing. In addition these countries shouldn’t care either because with a vaccinated world population of 75% you don’t have to worry about sick tourists infiltrating your healthcare system. It’s not going to be a large enough pool to draw from that’ll cause you problems. It would be no more people getting sick with Covid than they have tourists who probably end up in the ER with alcohol poisoning

Old 03-18-2021, 09:07 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Hopefully counterfeit passports are just around the corner
Extremely easy to do.

EHR's can be altered but NOBODY should be willing to permit the hospitality industry access to their HIPAA protected electronic health records.

The proposed "apps" will be a disaster; I can just see an airline refusing to seat passengers stuck at the gate because the app won't load Even the CDC's VAERS.gov sight has crashed for over 24 hrs, at least once a week, since they added the covid vaccine to the database.

I can foresee a lot of unhappy people in the future ... "Sorry, we will let you in to the concert as soon as the .gov database's technical issues are resolved"

Old 03-18-2021, 09:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Not a Liberal and you have no clue on what's going on internationally. It's not just vaccines. Airlines are now super overtly strict with the wearing of masks. In addition what you may see as a single flight number in reality may be six different airlines, in which they will use the most strictest rule among them. I've been waiting nearly a year for a (nearly) non-stop flight from the Middle East to the US. With Israel's tight travel regulations and accepting UAE flights, I can finally get home (Dubai, Israel, JFK). There is no way I was going to stop anywhere in Europe (which is still highly limited as a destination) and sit in cattle class for that many hours.
Israel imposed the strictest restrictions on international travel when it closed its international airports. This included not allowing Israel citizens to return.

Prime Minister Netanyahu has supported these and other severe domestic restrictions.

Israel early on grasped the 6-8 month lead time required to produce vaccine and benefitted when the US declined multiple options for additional orders of the BioNTech - Pfizer vaccine, last June. It also paid more and got more per capita vaccines and their highly efficient national healthcare system is on track to having the most vaccinated population in the world. About 60% of the population ( 9 million) has been vaccinated with the 2 dose BioNTech- Pfizer product. It also knows there is no certainty of the duration of any vaccine or immunity nor the effectiveness of any vaccine to resist continuously emerging variants.

Israel was among the first countries to mandate masks last year and among the first to eliminate the mandate and then, due to another surge, reimplement the mandate.

Old 03-18-2021, 10:52 AM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Israel imposed the strictest restrictions on international travel when it closed its international airports. This included not allowing Israel citizens to return.

Prime Minister Netanyahu has supported these and other severe domestic restrictions.

Israel early on grasped the 6-8 month lead time required to produce vaccine and benefitted when the US declined multiple options for additional orders of the BioNTech - Pfizer vaccine, last June. It also paid more and got more per capita vaccines and their highly efficient national healthcare system is on track to having the most vaccinated population in the world. About 60% of the population ( 9 million) has been vaccinated with the 2 dose BioNTech- Pfizer product. It also knows there is no certainty of the duration of any vaccine or immunity nor the effectiveness of any vaccine to resist continuously emerging variants.

Israel was among the first countries to mandate masks last year and among the first to eliminate the mandate and then, due to another surge, reimplement the mandate.
No they weren't. It was mid to late April when they passed the law. Vietnam and some others had their mandate in March and the Asian countries already do it as a habit.

Old 03-18-2021, 10:57 AM

325 posts, read 207,427 times
I do not remotely support vaccine passports and I've had my Johnson and Johnson shot. My state has an excellent website where you can locate the vaccination sites and the information also shows the vaccine being offered at it site. Some only offer Pfizer, some only Moderna, some offer both Pfizer and Moderna. Now many are offering Johnson and Johnson.

I waited until I had a choice.

Old 03-27-2021, 11:46 AM

5,102 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Don't need a chip. All you need is the biometric tattoo that Bill Gates has been talking about.
I wonder if his biometric tattoo will have lots of glitches like Windows 98?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPn0XMd3yNE

Old 03-27-2021, 11:48 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
I'm assuming we won't be able to travel domestically either without proof of COVID card?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies