Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2021, 07:26 AM

271 posts, read 566,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I have seen very well to do Asian people posting about the discrimination of Asians they've experienced their whole life. Most of the Asian people I know are very privileged. Obviously no one should be discriminated against for being Asian but plenty of Asians living in the US are very wealthy. I guess I don't need to hear about how tough all their lives have been now.
As an Asian man myself (Korean-American specifically), I can tell you most Asians are not 'privileged' b/c they are wealthy. They are wealthy b/c they have kept their head down (for the most part) in this country and just studied/worked hard to make something of themselves.

With that said, there are numerous microaggressions towards Asians that probably can't be translated into real world impact but they are still there. Asians will always be seen as perpetual foreigners in this country and I think that is the bigger issue. I worry at the thought of the US ever getting into a war with China or N. Korea. I think when that happens, someone like me will face a lot more hate for being in this country.

In my opinion, the narrative that the media is pushing right now regarding Asian hate crimes is to divide this country further. White supremacy is to blame regarding these 'hate crimes' right now despite the fact that the majority of crimes are being committed by other minorities. There has always been crimes against Asians (the elderly specifically) b/c cowards see them as easy targets. They are just being reported a lot more now b/c of social media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 07:29 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's not "good salacious click bait" but if you go by the FBI definition of mass shooting it's not often white males. There were two mass shootings around that time, are you even aware of the other? (Indiana over stimulus $$$)

Otherwise I agree with your post and wish the guy had just offed himself but it would appear that he blamed others for his own problems. Hmmm, what sort of culture would do that? Oh yeah....go look at the current CNN headline rooted in pushing racial hate even if there isn't any.
The thing is the general public never agreed with the FBI definition. The "know it when I see it" describes how we see "mass shouting" not how many individuals got struck by a bullet.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:31 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
I agree with you that too many people to this day assume that an Asian person living here is from asia when they are actually from here. Our pediatrician is Asian (she was mine growing up as well) and she said she constantly has Chinese people wanting to see her because they assume she speaks Chinese. She's like I don't speak Chinese ! So it seems like some Asians mistakenly do this to other Asians.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:32 AM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
It does seem like mass shootings happen here way more than they should. I mean wtf? And it does often seem to be young white males. What the heck happens in their lives where they do this? What do they think will end up happening ? He should have just killed himself.
If white males often commit mass shootings, there wouldn't be millions of brown people south of the border dying to live here.

These are rare events that no immigrant would bat an eye at, when considering if they want to live in America.

I'm black, do you think it's safer for me to live in America or back in Africa where my ancestors are from? Do you think it's safer for me to live in South side Chicago or Beverly Hills? I rest my case.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:41 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Even though blacks have been hate-attacking Asians forever and this religious wacko freely admitted these murders weren't race-based, the Left's going to write their own story to fit their anti-White agenda.

They so arrogant that they don't even try to hide their stupidity, hate and hypocrisy.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:45 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
If white males often commit mass shootings, there wouldn't be millions of brown people south of the border dying to live here.

These are rare events that no immigrant would bat an eye at, when considering if they want to live in America.

I'm black, do you think it's safer for me to live in America or back in Africa where my ancestors are from? Do you think it's safer for me to live in South side Chicago or Beverly Hills? I rest my case.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:49 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

I can't rep you again - again.

Mass shootings are not all like Columbine or Virginia Tech. An event where there are 3 or 4 victims is a mass shooting.

Liberals, leftists, progressives, all these idealistic, naive people would blow a gasket if they knew the kind of violence, with or without guns, exists outside the U.S. They should see pictures of what Mexican cartels do to people whom they decide have forfeited the right to live. They should see what gangs in countries like Colombia, Brazil, and Paraguay do. They should see the kind of corruption, bribery, and outright brutal violence exists in the Third World.

The ironic thing about people on the left is that they adamantly and vehemently protest things like "colonization" and "oppression of people of color" and all these things that the U.S. and other western countries have/are that make them so bad, but they might not survive a week in the Third World, given that in these countries, the safeguards and rights and laws they take for granted in the U.S. which makes live here so livable (and as you write, so coveted by illegal aliens) do not exist.

A challenge to every single left-leaning person here: read "Out of America" by Keith Richburg. It presents in the most graphic of details the very point made by Rocko20 re: living in America vs. living in Africa as a black person.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:49 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
I think we`re seeing another Democrat Hoax. Robert Aaron Long is a "law abiding citizen" and our gun fondlers tell us that those people never commit crimes and should be allowed to play with as many guns as they want. Who was the real shooter?

Old 03-18-2021, 07:52 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
Quote:
I have seen very well to do Asian people posting about the discrimination of Asians they've experienced their whole life. Most of the Asian people I know are very privileged. Obviously no one should be discriminated against for being Asian but plenty of Asians living in the US are very wealthy. I guess I don't need to hear about how tough all their lives have been now.
"very privileged"

Leftist vocabulary in all its degeneracy.

How about they worked hard and studied hard and obeyed the rules and avoided vices and made wise choices and picked practical careers?

Their lives HAVE been tough. Just because there are Asians making 6 figures as doctors, engineers, lawyers, and business owners while driving BMWs and living in nice suburbs it doesn't mean it just fell on their lap.

People who envy them for what they've accomplished: do you also envy Jews and whites and even blacks who have accomplished what these "privileged" Asians have accomplished?

Old 03-18-2021, 07:56 AM

4,554 posts, read 3,752,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
he didn't shoot all Asians.

some seem unable to grasp this dude is getting the death penalty. Is that "less of a headache"? A "less harsh penalty"?
Yes, less of a PR headache for the police. Easily
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies