Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 04:28 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

I watched with fascination how all of a sudden I'm seeing a lot of Black people out there marching in Atlanta, some holding up signs proclaiming Black and "AAPI" unity. Right after the shooting in fact, I saw a Black guy with a similar cardboard sign in front of flowers near the massage shop.

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see this level of enthusiasm in support for the "AAPI" community a month ago, even though plenty of anti-Asian hate crimes, some very very violent and deadly, were happening with regularity. I'm not saying no Blacks openly supported the "AAPI" community before the shooting. I did see some of them in rallies in Oakland and Los Angeles a while back. And the likes of Al Sharpton and even Maxine Waters condemned the anti-Asian hate crimes.

But nothing like now. I guess the message is, so long as it's a 'White Supremacist" doing the shooting and killing, all of a sudden it's time to unite against racism. Or something.

Pure comedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 12:22 AM

35,062 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Thank you for sharing. +1
I will second that.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:51 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Logistically, sex slaves are typically kept in a facility and not allowed to street walk etc. as the nature of the predation upon them is different by the pimps\madams.
The Asian victims were in their 50s and 60s, they weren’t sex slaves.

Quote:
Xiaojie Tan, 49; Daoyou Feng, 44. Also killed were Soon C. Park, 44; Hyun J. Grant, 51; Suncha Kim, 69, and 63-year-old Yong Yue
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-rampage.html

Calling these women “slaves” is an insult to Korean culture that relies on the massage parlor business for income, opportunity, and work permits.

Calling them slaves only confuses more cops to shutting these places down, giving these women no other options of employment.

Old 07-27-2021, 10:10 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
The shooter has been sentenced to 4 life terms with no parole, plus 35 years.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime/break...GQO4KP5D3WEFI/

Old 07-27-2021, 10:39 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The Asian victims were in their 50s and 60s, they weren’t sex slaves.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-rampage.html

Calling these women “slaves” is an insult to Korean culture that relies on the massage parlor business for income, opportunity, and work permits.

Calling them slaves only confuses more cops to shutting these places down, giving these women no other options of employment.
Some are indeed sex slaves, some are just regular prostitutes, some don't offer those services.

Cops can't just shut the places down unless they're offering up illegal services.

Are you trying to tell me that Korean culture is basically all massage parlors are prostitution venues?

Old 07-27-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The shooter has been sentenced to 4 life terms with no parole, plus 35 years.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime/break...GQO4KP5D3WEFI/
1. What happened to the hate crime charges?

2. Plea deal for life, no chance of parole. How does one get that plea deal accepted if you do not have a death penalty option? This is a poster-child as to why the DP should be kept around but only used in cases of absolute guilt and if the person rejects the mandatory offer of a life no parole plea deal.

Old 07-27-2021, 10:49 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
How does one get that plea deal accepted if you do not have a death penalty option?
GA does have the death penalty.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
GA does have the death penalty.
Yeah, the question was rhetorical with regards to states that do not have the DP...do we get this plea deal in those states? No.

Second, I reiterate that we had a lot of people trying to make this a hate crime for political gain, division and distraction from all the non-white attacks on Asians. Even had politicians threatening police leadership if they wouldn't call it a hate crime.

Also Biden\Harris alluded it was a Trump induced hate crime due to his language.

Just pointing out all the lying surrounding this tragedy...I should scroll back and bust some folks....

Old 07-28-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Usually white men have a fetish for Asian women instead of killing them. This is a powerful example of why it’s dangerous to use phrases such as ‘Chinese virus’ because many people don’t comprehend reality from political speak. I don’t know why people think bad things won’t happen in a country built on racism when certain words are triggers for hate.
Wasn't a hate crime. Got any other racial wisdom to share with us about white men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Ignorance breeds hate.
Ironic. Yes, ignorance (and politics) did indeed try to breed a hate crime out of this.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:57 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
1. What happened to the hate crime charges?
very mysterious..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies