U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 08:50 AM

27,032 posts, read 18,329,560 times

Advertisements

Encouraging news for some.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clarity-c...093009541.html

Quote:
Catholics might be somewhat confused by reports on differing messages about the acceptability of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine due to a cell line from an abortion being used in its production.

The differences have been resolved and Catholic teaching is clear: Catholics have a moral duty to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 by being vaccinated. However, if given the choice, they should avoid the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, according to the Vatican and the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops

Should they choose not to be vaccinated, they have a moral obligation to mask, socially distance and "do their utmost" to avoid becoming infected or infecting others, the Vatican said.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 08:58 AM

9,336 posts, read 8,404,235 times
Some one told me that the J&J vaccine was created off an aborted baby gene a long time ago and they kept replicating it to what it is now.. so in other words, the ingredients they are using are not aborted baby parts. Is that correct?

Old 03-17-2021, 09:05 AM

10,521 posts, read 4,474,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Some one told me that the J&J vaccine was created off an aborted baby gene a long time ago and they kept replicating it to what it is now.. so in other words, the ingredients they are using are not aborted baby parts. Is that correct?
Correct. 30+ years ago they used fetus cells to create a "blueprint" that is used for vaccine development today. The cells used today are lab-grown using that original blueprint. Baby parts aren't being harvested today to make vaccines. Personally, I think the church is overreacting to this.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:08 AM

4,636 posts, read 4,496,955 times
How stupid can one be? Even if they were aborted fetuses, why would it matter...if the vaccine works get it.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:15 AM

23,453 posts, read 11,146,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
An aborted fetus was used to develop vaccines but there are no aborted fetal parts parts in any vaccines. However if a person is against abortion they may not want to use a product that was made with the help of an aborted fetus. The Catholic Church is basically telling people to go against their beliefs about abortion and get the vaccine.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:17 AM

16,410 posts, read 4,989,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
So abortion is bad, but ok if it's the only option?

Old 03-17-2021, 09:18 AM

21,087 posts, read 15,130,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAnulty View Post
There is absolutely no reason not to.
Sure there is. Personal choice. My body my choice. Isn't that what the feminists used to say? The ones who are now silent?

Old 03-17-2021, 09:21 AM

6,850 posts, read 3,255,956 times
Why did the Vatican not come out against biden? Biden is pro abortion. Nothing but hypocrites.

Old 03-17-2021, 01:59 PM

4,405 posts, read 2,876,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
How stupid can one be? Even if they were aborted fetuses, why would it matter...if the vaccine works get it.
Yeah I'm sure a hardcore black/non-white nationalist is just itching to get injected with the aborted genetic material of white male babies

Old 03-17-2021, 02:28 PM

25,992 posts, read 8,433,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Correct. 30+ years ago they used fetus cells to create a "blueprint" that is used for vaccine development today. The cells used today are lab-grown using that original blueprint. Baby parts aren't being harvested today to make vaccines. Personally, I think the church is overreacting to this.
I heard this story from my SIL. Supposedly an aborted fetus from the 70's.
My comment...."Must have been one big fetus if they are still using parts 50 years later"

People will believe anything these days..."But I read it on the internet".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies