Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 01:38 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobay View Post
'typically very racist against blacks so the blacks may have a resaon'?

What, are you are trying to justify the attacks? There are always going to be persons in every group that harbor some kind of prejudice against people that don't act or look like themselves, that includes members of the White, Black, Asian, etc.

Maybe because they believe some hate inspired lies, or they have been a crime victim, or for whatever reason, but there are laws to protect us against people using these perceived slights to physically attack others.
I mean to say these targted hate crimes , scholl shootings are done by “unstable” white people mostly. I havent heard of blacks schools for being bullied . Therecare black on black crimes which is more in count, but hate crimes? I dont know.

Also ihaven personally seen a lot of white man asian woman couples, but never a asian black combination.

I know this is not the answer for ur question but i could only think of this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 01:45 PM

6,637 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
You've actually got it backwards - actually, it's Conservative white people who WANT Asian Americans to aspire to become white, .
This sounds like another of those,...if you have manners, that's a White thing. If you know math, it's a white thing. If you are well spoken, it's a white thing. Politeness is a white construct so reject it,...lol.

I think you overestimate conservatives or anyone for that matter, that give a bleep* about wanting Asians to be 'white' . Just stay the heck off their lawn and lives and everythings cool. Otherwise, they'd just as soon step over your body.

Old 03-19-2021, 01:51 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobay View Post
It’s clear that Asian-Americans are discriminated against in America. This is perhaps understandable, since whenever you see reports of Americans looting, stealing, robbing, raping or murdering, it’s usually an Asian-American.

They are the last discriminated group in America, in terms of recognition. ‘Model’ minority is code for ‘invisible’ minority. They are pretty much absent from the media, political and corporate hierarchical positions.

On tv you see black faces everywhere on shows and commercials, but hardly ever an Asian. When they mention the ‘need for diversity’ on shows, this is code for ‘need more blacks’.

A white police officer kills a black man and you see massive demonstrations all over the country for BLM, ok fine. A black male rapes and murders an Asian woman in a Milwaukee park or shoves a 75 year old man to his death, it makes local news. No calls for ALM. If it had been an Asian instead of a black male, it would have been national news, with black leaders calling for justice.

With all the recent reports of crimes against Asians, many by blacks, why are their leaders silent? Do only Black Lives Matter to them?

Whites also commit crimes but at least some leaders, notably Biden, are raising the issue.

You spelled "least" wrong in the thread title. Your forgot the "e".

Old 03-19-2021, 01:52 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
You've actually got it backwards - actually, it's Conservative white people who WANT Asian Americans to aspire to become white, by pitting them against other communities, and having Asian Americans believe the model minority myth. That works until something happens in an Asian country - and then they're ready to scapegoat Asian Americans and throw them under the bus.

Remember Vincent Chin.

Remember Wen Ho Lee.

It's not new.
Yes, Conservatives BELIEVE Asians are the model minority with white privileges.

Progressives take up another notch and turn that model minority belief into ACTION by flat discriminate Asian Americans in college admission via affirmative action.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:28 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
I try to show everyone respect, Asians included.

This vulgar crime-wave is going to go-on and get worse during Biden's 4 years, I can feel it.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:35 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
You've actually got it backwards - actually, it's Conservative white people who WANT Asian Americans to aspire to become white, by pitting them against other communities, and having Asian Americans believe the model minority myth. That works until something happens in an Asian country - and then they're ready to scapegoat Asian Americans and throw them under the bus.

Remember Vincent Chin.

Remember Wen Ho Lee.

It's not new.
On other threads, you have criticized non-Asians for presuming to know anything about Asian-American issues. So now it's my great pleasure to turn it back on you. You are not white and you are not conservative, so miss me with your half-baked notions about what we want.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:37 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:

Remember Vincent Chin.

Remember Wen Ho Lee.

It's not new.
How do YOU know what conservative white people want? Aren’t you always criticizing white people when they say what blacks want?

And we’re not pitting blacks against any other minority, or vice versa. News flash: Blacks have been hostile to Asians for decades, at least going back to the 1940s when Koreans moved into my mother’s Brooklyn neighborhood and opened little stores. There was....trouble.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:39 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
On other threads, you have criticized non-Asians for presuming to know anything about Asian-American issues. So now it's my great pleasure to turn it back on you. You are not white and you are not conservative, so miss me with your half-baked notions about what we want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
How do YOU know what conservative white people want? Aren’t you always criticizing white people when they say what blacks want?
Great minds . . .

Old 03-19-2021, 02:53 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Great minds . . .
Oh, wow.....

And I consider you among the smartest on this forum, so I’m in good company!

Old 03-19-2021, 03:20 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

And we’re not pitting blacks against any other minority, or vice versa. News flash: Blacks have been hostile to Asians for decades, at least going back to the 1940s when Koreans moved into my mother’s Brooklyn neighborhood and opened little stores. There was....trouble.
We def jnow wat ypu dont want. Thats why harvard rates them lower in charisma or leadership.

And harvard is not texas southern university ( majority black) .

And when did you become white? I though you were Jewish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies