Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 06:25 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
There's nothing in the article linked beyond conspiracy theories with a goal of misleading right wingers who are afraid of change. I personally tend to roll my eyes and ignore propaganda and conspiracy theories.

Overall, we rate the Strategic Culture Foundation (SCF) a Questionable source based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of Russian propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as a complete lack of transparency with the goal to deceive readers. This is not a credible source
What "change" are you talking about? Could it be the changes mentioned in that article, thus undermining everything else that you wrote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 06:36 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
There's nothing in the article linked beyond conspiracy theories with a goal of misleading right wingers who are afraid of change. I personally tend to roll my eyes and ignore propaganda and conspiracy theories.
You say this as if "change" has something inherently good about it.

It doesn't. Change can be good, bad, or inconsequential.

But the way the left uses the word "change", brainwashes their followers into believing the word automatically has positive connotations.

I'm sure when Jews started seeing "change" in Germany in the late 1930s, they did not view it as something good.

Sometimes, change SHOULD be feared.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:48 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You say this as if "change" has something inherently good about it.

It doesn't. Change can be good, bad, or inconsequential.

But the way the left uses the word "change", brainwashes their followers into believing the word automatically has positive connotations.

I'm sure when Jews started seeing "change" in Germany in the late 1930s, they did not view it as something good.

Sometimes, change SHOULD be feared.
We aren't talking about Nazi Germany. The logical fallacy you're using right now is "reductio ad absurdum".

The simple fact is it isn't 1960 any more. Society will continue to evolve. Some on the right side of the isle need to accept that, and turning to low information, low quality propaganda sources to be told what people want to hear (as was linked in the OP) isn't an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I agree the source sucks but I have to tell my daughter to shut up and sit in the back and not disagree when she has to take 3-4 CRT college courses unrelated to her major where she may well be called on to call herself an oppressor, call out her whiteness and other pure hard left indoctrination.

Imagine the reverse where black students had to call out things against themselves. Imagine a course called "America is the land of opportunity. ANYONE can be a millionaire." where anyone not a millionaire has to define how they failed.
The biggest problem is I read the study that article references. It doesn't claim 'math is racist'. It says there is racism in mathematical instruction. That sources like OPs misstate things is a problem.

"Wokeness" isn't destroying the country. This is by and large manufactured outrage by the right wing.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
We aren't talking about Nazi Germany. The logical fallacy you're using right now is "reductio ad absurdum".

The simple fact is it isn't 1960 any more. Society will continue to evolve. Some on the right side of the isle need to accept that, and turning to low information, low quality propaganda sources to be told what people want to hear (as was linked in the OP) isn't an answer.

The biggest problem is I read the study that article references. It doesn't claim 'math is racist'. It says there is racism in mathematical instruction. That sources like OPs misstate things is a problem.

This is by and large manufactured outrage by the right wing.
I've seen this excuse, "It's not the math, it's the way it's instructed" used to shove aside the initial INSANE claim that math is racist.

Can you give an example of these racist math instructions, other than 2+2=4, of course.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:06 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I've seen this excuse, "It's not the math, it's the way it's instructed" used to shove aside the initial INSANE claim that math is racist.

Can you give an example of this racist math instructionss, other than 2+2=4, of course.

They are calling it Racist because some Blacks don't have the discipline, nor motivation to learn it, including most other subjects. So EVERYTHING will be Racist.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:10 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
CD members are easy to manipulate.. lol

Old 03-18-2021, 07:16 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:

Nazi Germany wasn't Nazi Germany until it was Nazi Germany. It took change to get that way.

But if the Nazi Germany example is too "played out" for you, now that Trump isn't in office anymore, you can apply it to ANY and EVERY political event in history that is viewed as "negative" today. It all started with some kind of "change".

As I said, some change is to be feared. This "woke","cancel culture" change is in this category. Nothing good can come from it. It is leading us down the wrong course, and should be corrected ASAP.

17,792 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
This frog has been on the slow boil for a LONG time.
Just as a point of order. The "frog slowly boiling" thing is complete b.s. Frogs do not allow themselves to slowly boil provided they are alive and have legs.

Quote:
"According to Dr. George R. Zug, curator of reptiles and amphibians,
the National Museum of Natural History, 'Well that's, may I say,
bull****. If a frog had a means of getting out, it certainly would get
out.
I'm sick of frogism and you hateful frogists.

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:

"Wokeness" isn't destroying the country. This is by and large manufactured outrage by the right wing.
Tell that to all the cancelled people. We treat ex con bank robbers better than a stupid kid who rapped offensive lyrics, a girl who played dress up, a guy who questioned all the leftist goons going nuts on her for playing dress up, two white women who owned a taco truck...

One would think the lack of inbred hillbillies calling black people the N word would be a good thing. We don't have enough of them to keep up the outrage so we call out tiny things... or non things.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:20 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Just as a point of order. The "frog slowly boiling" thing is complete b.s. Frogs do not allow themselves to slowly boil provided they are alive and have legs.

I'm sick of frogism and you hateful frogists.
It's a ****ing metaphor.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies