Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which minority member is most likely to be victimized by a hate crime?
Blacks 4 16.67%
Muslims 1 4.17%
Asians 4 16.67%
Jews 10 41.67%
Gays 4 16.67%
Latinos 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 08:35 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,528,951 times

Advertisements

In light of the focus on bigotry and prejudice, I thought it would be helpful to explore the minorities who suffer from hate crimes.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:48 AM

33,594 posts, read 18,220,701 times
Most vocal outward attack on a group of people in the news with free reign and accepted speak to hate them at this moment in time is any Trump supporter regardless of what minority or majority they are.

Hate is daily directed toward them as if it is acceptable and it shouldn't be. Whether they be black, Jew , Gay or Latino, it it is now acceptable because it is spewed all over the MSM , the hate channels.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:55 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,272,456 times
What a horrible poll. Comparing hate.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Most vocal outward attack on a group of people in the news with free reign and accepted speak to hate them at this moment in time is any Trump supporter regardless of what minority or majority they are.

Hate is daily directed toward them as if it is acceptable and it shouldn't be. Whether they be black, Jew , Gay or Latino, it it is now acceptable because it is spewed all over the MSM , the hate channels.
That would have been another way to word the poll: against which group is it most acceptable to vent hate or contempt, and I would have had to add both Trump voters AND whites.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:00 AM

34,269 posts, read 18,649,724 times
Jews or Asians. For some reason in large cities Blacks seem to target both. The Media of course downplays it.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:01 AM

19,724 posts, read 12,300,520 times
Women.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:01 AM

34,269 posts, read 18,649,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
What a horrible poll. Comparing hate.
What? So you want to ignore the problem of these types of often violent crimes?

Old 03-18-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What? So you want to ignore the problem of these types of often violent crimes?
Agree. Interesting how she twisted around a poll intended to increase awareness of hate crimes against many different minorities. (I guess that’s the contempt for Trump voters being expressed, as pointed out in the first response.)

Old 03-18-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAnulty View Post
Why have a poll?

What is the point? If you are seriously interested in this - do research and provide the data.
I can’t find data that aggregates it across all groups. They divide it by ethnicity, race, religion, etc.

I suppose if I were mathematically included, I could go to the raw data and figure it out, but my talents lean more to the verbal side.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:10 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,515,752 times
I don’t know which ones are discriminated against the most but the playbook says to use Intersectionality as the measuring stick. So a woman might be discriminated against but a black woman is discriminated against more often. A black woman who is also a lesbian even more so. A transgender black woman who is a lesbian even more than that. A transgender black woman who happened to be a lesbian with learning disabled child is almost King/Queen like in Intersectionality circles. Those categories, which oddly enough they don’t believe in because they’re social constructs, gives a special “power-knowledge” to those individuals because of their “lived experiences.” That gives them the right to speak out and over others that don’t have the same amount of oppression points.

Intersectionality boils down to the level of the individual, which they also don’t believe in because grouping people together, like BIPOC, gives them power. It’s much easier to plot a large group against another if you group them together in a large enough “oppressed” category.

Quote:
We all can recognize the distinction between the claims “I am Black” and the claim “I am a person who happens to be Black.” “I am Black” takes the socially imposed identity and empowers it as an anchor of subjectivity. “I am Black” becomes not simply a statement of resis- tance, but also a positive discourse of self- identification, intimately linked to celebra- tory statements like the Black nationalist “Black is beautiful.” “I am a person who happens to be Black,” on the other hand, achieves self-identification by straining for a certain universality (in effect, “I am first a person”) and for a concomitant dismissal of the imposed category (‘Black’) as contin- gent, circumstantial, non-determinant. There is truth in both characterizations, of course, but they function, quite differently depending on the political context. At this point in history, a strong case can be made that the most critical resistance strategy for dis-empowered groups is to occupy and defend a politics of social location rather than to vacate and destroy it.
Mapping the margins
Intersectionality, Identity Politics and Violence Against Women of Color
AF KIMBERLÉ WILLIAMS CRENSHAW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies