Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 12:21 PM

37,946 posts, read 17,840,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
Ok, so then you support Joe Biden speaking his mind and saying that Putin is a killer? Good to know! Because he is - whereas Trump danced around the subject and deflected, all the while carrying on 'love affairs' with all these dictators. Interesting how when the tables are turned you don't have a leg to stand on.
Biden is a murderer too. It's about not appearing to be a hypocrite like Biden is doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 12:29 PM

37,946 posts, read 17,840,948 times
Quote:
Whew, way to go Ron! After all, we wouldn't want white kids to know why it is they can ride their bike around an upscale neighborhood and never be challenged but a black child cannot do the same.

And of course we also wouldn't want a white teen to know why it is that their mother and father do not have to live in fear when their son goes out to sow some teenage oats, and the black teen's parents cannot say the same. But white privilege? Nah nothing to see here. Minds would be literally blown, thanks for sparing them that.
Because as a group blacks are not raised as well since 70% are raised in a single parent environment.

Since when do most much less all white live in an upscale neighborhood?

White privilege is something that false race card players use and there is no evidence of it. Excluding homicides, violent inter racial crime between blacks and whites is 90% black on white. Whites have to score higher than blacks in order to get into college. Is that white privilege?

Think before you post next time

Old 03-19-2021, 12:49 PM

52,153 posts, read 52,602,847 times
I wished this dude was our governor.

Our governor has got to be one of the biggest pinhead asshats to come around in a good long while. Even some of the Dems here signed the recall his butt campaign.

I hope he gets recalled, that will basically kill his political career. He'll have to go run to auntie Pelosi so she could get him some government bureaucrat hack job somewhere.

This overly hair gelled used car snake oil salesman's got eyes on the White House, an even better reason to toss him out.

Old 03-19-2021, 01:12 PM

4,377 posts, read 4,227,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I have to disagree, Trump was necessary to disrupt the establishment and awaken the population. He will have made it possible to take power back from the elites and give it back to the people, DeSantis the one who can accomplish this and it will be because of Trump

Old school do-nothing feckless Republicans are now completely unelectable, and this is 100% because of Trump
I agree 100%. Trump woke up enough people who didn't go out and vote when he ran the first time to vote overwhelmingly against him and his policies. It looks as if old school and new school Republicans are equally unelectable, if current trends continue.

Old 03-19-2021, 01:54 PM

628 posts, read 285,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
So what is it exactly you want me to do? I'm white. I'd love to hear this.

Death before I apologize for the cards I was dealt, I had no control over it.
I never said to apologize and I don't believe you should. Just acknowledging the facts would be a good start. I know I've benefitted from being white, I'm not apologizing either just acknowledging.

Old 03-19-2021, 01:58 PM

628 posts, read 285,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because as a group blacks are not raised as well since 70% are raised in a single parent environment.

Since when do most much less all white live in an upscale neighborhood?

White privilege is something that false race card players use and there is no evidence of it. Excluding homicides, violent inter racial crime between blacks and whites is 90% black on white. Whites have to score higher than blacks in order to get into college. Is that white privilege?

Think before you post next time
Oh I think plenty, not to worry. Just because I don't agree with you means I don't think apparently - how arrogant of you. And where does your 70% statistic come from? And I'm so glad I know now that single parents cannot raise their children well. I never said all or even most whites live in upscale neighborhoods but would you agree that more whites than blacks do? I was giving an example of white privilege, I never assigned numbers to that.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:28 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,663,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wished this dude was our governor.

Our governor has got to be one of the biggest pinhead asshats to come around in a good long while. Even some of the Dems here signed the recall his butt campaign.

I hope he gets recalled, that will basically kill his political career. He'll have to go run to auntie Pelosi so she could get him some government bureaucrat hack job somewhere.

This overly hair gelled used car snake oil salesman's got eyes on the White House, an even better reason to toss him out.
I don't know if my Governor Pritzker or yours is worse. They both need to go, that I do know.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:56 PM

8,192 posts, read 3,469,804 times
Quote:
I never said to apologize and I don't believe you should. Just acknowledging the facts would be a good start. I know I've benefitted from being white, I'm not apologizing either just acknowledging.
I never benefitted from being white. It was held against me. They allowed me to be raped and physically harmed and I was accused of being a racist for complaining about it. I have been falsely accused of wanting black men my entire adult life. I am in my forties and still have never been asked out on a date. White men saw my daughter and disappeared. My life was ruined because of him, his family, and the authorities who took his side. Then the authorities took my daughter from me and gave her to my rapist because she "needs to be in a black home to preserve her black culture." I was said to have emotionally abused her by raising her outside of her black culture. I will never know what it's like to go on a date. I will never have a chance to have a real family. And it's all because of black people and the authorities that give preference to them. I owe black people nothing. They ruined my life. There is no "white privilege."

Old 03-19-2021, 04:28 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,663,608 times
Quote:
What facts? So you’re saying I don’t know the facts? Which ones?

Old 03-19-2021, 04:43 PM

19,762 posts, read 9,310,276 times
A question for "successful" blacks who are not politically "far left" -- What do you think of some people (both black and white) saying that many ethics, priorities, traits, etc. that I think MOST people would label as "good" are "white"?

As I am white, I can't speak for blacks, and I would not presume to even try to do so, but I think that if I were a successful black person by what some would call 'white standards' (meaning that I had a good job and paid my bills and felt good about my life and accomplishments), I would very much resent being told that my success occurred because I "gave in" to white culture; and I think I would also resent it if my Christian faith was treated as something that is "white". (According to the following, 80% of U.S. blacks are Christian, which is a higher percentage than whites.)

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...an-protestant/ )

P.S. If I have not made it clear, I think that such things as being financially responsible are NOT traits that are defined by, or exclusive to, any particular skin color or ancestry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies