Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2021, 01:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,941,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
That number has been highly inflated. You know it. Stop spreading false information.
You mean like you? The false Covid deaths conspiracy is widely disputed. You know it. Lemme guess, you don't like it as much hen the shoe is on the other foot.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:10 PM

8,268 posts, read 3,516,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
That’s not Kentucky, that’s your part of Kentucky. I see them at stores but not on people driving around in their cars or walking their dogs. Lots of folks start taking them off the minute they walk out the store doors.
People around here are very uptight about it. Last year I was suffering a medical emergency from a severe asthma attack and a nurse was shrieking at me to put my mask back on as I was trying to use my rescue inhaler. She was not concerned about me at all. Scared me bad.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:26 PM

2,828 posts, read 827,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Yes, I have hated him for years because he is one of many who lie against people like me and claim I am just a lazy bum and refuse to "take a job" when none were offered to me to take. I guess he has to be good for something.
I never had a job offered to me I always had to go job hunting.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:35 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,308,965 times
When Fauci was finally allowed to finish his thoughts he made Rand Paul look like the obstinate fool that he is.

Dr. Fauci correctly noted that the effectiveness of the current vaccines against COVID variants is still unknown, thus we still have to take precautions to be on the safe side.

Rand Paul was acting as if mutant strains aren’t a problem and masks are unnecessary with increased levels of vaccination. For supposedly having a medical background, he sounds as dense as a rock.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:39 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,995,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAnulty View Post
Blind partisan comments like the one quoted above are not helpful to the discussion. None of what you stated is true. Come on.

Everything posted in that post is 100% true!

Old 03-19-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
“In fact, there have been no scientific studies arguing, or proving, that infection with COVID does not create immunity.”

That is a demonstration of either ignorance, or willful misinformation. It is probably a true statement, but it misleads the gullible. There have also been no scientific studies arguing or proving that Jews are not shooting lazers. No studies proving that humans having sex with donkeys will NOT result in the birth of a "Hon-key". Do you also accept those as "actual science"?

I used some rediculous arguments to make a point (so if you quote me, please include that statement). My point is that citing a "lack of study" is the exact opposite of what you call "explaining the actual science".

Rand Paul is known for granstanding and bringing the focus on him for soundbites. He's an intentionally misleading hack. (I've agreed with him on many things over the years, but this is certainly not proof of anything.)

You logic is flawed because this has been extensively studied and no studies have shown that infection does not result in immunity. Your logic only applies if the situation has not been studied.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Reps to you!

Also, isn't Paul the guy who still went to the Senate gym to workout AFTER he knew he was COVID-19 positive?

You are giving reps to someone using a logical fallacy. This has, in fact, been extensively studied and infect does result in immunity a very high percentage of the time.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:47 PM

43,222 posts, read 18,372,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
When Fauci was finally allowed to finish his thoughts he made Rand Paul look like the obstinate fool that he is.

Dr. Fauci correctly noted that the effectiveness of the current vaccines against COVID variants is still unknown, thus we still have to take precautions to be on the safe side.

Rand Paul was acting as if mutant strains aren’t a problem and masks are unnecessary with increased levels of vaccination. For supposedly having a medical background, he sounds as dense as a rock.
Well Dr Fauci would be wrong then. The J&J trials were done in Africa and South America with those new variants. That's why J&J showed lower numbers worldwide. But J&J had higher numbers in the US.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

You statement is not true and the vaccine companies have already shown it to be effective. This is just Fauci trying to prolong the fear and panic so he can still be relevant.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Senator Rand Paul lays into Dr. Fauci for wearing a mask after he has already had the vaccine.

As Senator Paul pointed out:
“In fact, there have been no scientific studies arguing, or proving, that infection with COVID does not create immunity.”

“What proof is there that there is significant reinfections with hospitalizations and deaths from the variants? None in our country. Zero,” Paul replied. “You’re making a policy based on conjecture.”

“You’ve been vaccinated and you parade around in a mask for show. You can’t get it again!” Paul exclaimed. “You’re defying everything we know about immunity by telling people to wear masks who have been vaccinated.”
Fauci needs to learn to respect real science. He clearly is just putting on a show and milking his moment in the spotlight for as long as he can. And the Democrat left, which Fauci is clearly a supporter of, will not let this go - ever.

Senator Paul is correct to call Fauci out for "putting on a show". And some people wonder why Fauci and the current crowd at the CDC is not given more deference.

A year from now Fauci will be irrelevant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies