Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 02:50 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well Dr Fauci would be wrong then. The J&J trials were done in Africa and South America with those new variants. That's why J&J showed lower numbers worldwide. But J&J had higher numbers in the US.

Nothing you stated supports the word "unknown". In fact the vaccines still do work to a high degree.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:15 PM

4,422 posts, read 5,152,830 times
No wonder people are getting so fed up.

Fauci = Fraud

I wonder why more healthcare professionals aren’t calling out the nonsense we’re seeing. The germaphobes have the mantle and won’t let go. Insane asylum..

Old 03-19-2021, 03:26 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Fauci was trying to tell us why, but Rand Paul kept talking over him.
Why would any of you believe what Fauci says at this point? He’s a joke.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You probably don't care, but wearing a mask gives some peace of mind to those who have not had the opportunity to be vaccinated and believe themselves to be at risk from others who are potentially spreading virus. Remember, unless its fitted N95, masks are more about containing the wearers droplets than inhaling those of others. There is no way to tell that someone is vaccinated by looking at them. Be a trooper.
Peace of mind does not equal science

Old 03-19-2021, 03:29 PM

43,093 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Nothing you stated supports the word "unknown". In fact the vaccines still do work to a high degree.
I'm not supporting Fauci and "unknown". I think he was wrong to say that because J&J was tested with those variants.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Senator Paul was explaining what HE thought the science was. There's a difference. Senator Paul would be wrong. Fauci explained about the variants and how this is a fluid situation. If Senator Paul had shut up for one second, maybe he would have heard that explanation.
What so he can change what he says next week?

I’m amazed how many gullible people have completely been taken in by this idiot.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:36 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I'm not supporting Fauci and "unknown". I think he was wrong to say that because J&J was tested with those variants.
J&J isn't even in widespread use in the US, only Pfizer and Moderna are. So even if J&J were effective against the SA strain, it would apply to almost no one in the US at this point. But even that's unknown because only 15% of the J&J test was done in SA. In fact, all three of these companies are looking at boosters for the SA variant.

And this is only the beginning of an infinite continuum of strains. It's going to be like the flu which reoccurs every year with different variants, only far more contagious. This is why I say things are never going to be back to the way they were before Covid.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:40 PM

43,093 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
J&J isn't even in widespread use in the US, only Pfizer and Moderna are. So even if J&J were effective against the SA strain, it would apply to almost no one in the US at this point. But even that's unknown because only 15% of the J&J test was done in SA. In fact, all three of these companies are looking at boosters for the SA variant.

And this is only the beginning of an infinite continuum of strains. It's going to be like the flu which reoccurs every year with different variants, only far more contagious. This is why I say things are never going to be back to the way they were before Covid.
J&J started distribution in the US 2 weeks ago. I got the J&J on 3/10 at CVS.

The flu virus has 50 bazillion variants now and every year the CDC picks a few. The flu vaccine is now only about 40% effective.
The same will happen with covid. But I think the newer variants, while more contagious, are less dangerous.

I got my J&J shot and that is it..no more shots for me.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Not surprised the right can't see that Paul is the bad guy...
And not surprising that the left believes everything Fauci says without question...

Old 03-19-2021, 03:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
And not surprising that the left believes everything Fauci says without question...
It isn't just the left but what makes an OPTOMETRIST an expert on diseases? Rand Paul needs to let the adults and experts in the room talk. He is clearly neither...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies