Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 04:11 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I do too. I just don’t like when they hog the mike and don’t let others speak. I don’t like when they are rude and insulting either.
I much prefer the very few who come with direct questions and a brain, and can let the witness speak and adapt, rather than soliloquize for 70% of the time.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:12 PM

9,717 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Senator Rand Paul lays into Dr. Fauci for wearing a mask after he has already had the vaccine.
Clearly, Fauci responded like a cornered rat. Fauci has been enjoying his ride as the "know-it-all" doctor, and he surely doesn't want to lose the fame (and money) he's enjoyed.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Unfortunately, Dr. Fauci would simply reply that there are variants. That is what he brought up in the hearing. I am guessing there will soon be reports that the vaccines are not as effective against the variants.
going back to my last post

"What evidence is there that the variants have infected anyone who has been vaccinated?"

"What evidence is there that anyone in the US who has had the virus has been infected later with a variant?"

Old 03-18-2021, 04:14 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Senator Rand Paul lays into Dr. Fauci for wearing a mask after he has already had the vaccine.

As Senator Paul pointed out:
“In fact, there have been no scientific studies arguing, or proving, that infection with COVID does not create immunity.”

“What proof is there that there is significant reinfections with hospitalizations and deaths from the variants? None in our country. Zero,” Paul replied. “You’re making a policy based on conjecture.”

“You’ve been vaccinated and you parade around in a mask for show. You can’t get it again!” Paul exclaimed. “You’re defying everything we know about immunity by telling people to wear masks who have been vaccinated.”
Fauci needs to learn to respect real science. He clearly is just putting on a show and milking his moment in the spotlight for as long as he can. And the Democrat left, which Fauci is clearly a supporter of, will not let this go - ever.

Senator Paul is correct to call Fauci out for "putting on a show". And some people wonder why Fauci and the current crowd at the CDC is not given more deference.
“You’re not hearing what I’m saying about variance.”

Don’t see rand Paul straightening anything out.

See a well informed and prepared fauci throwing rands attempt to cherry pick a study in the dumpster.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:14 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They are already hinting to that. Sorry but they only get my arm ONE TIME and ONE TIME only.

There are 50 bazillion flu variants and each year they guess and usually get it wrong which makes the flu vaccine 40% or less efficient now. (CDC charts is my source).
Yes. I agree.

Wasn't it President Trump who said if things were left up to the doctors they would shut down the world for a few years? That would be unreasonable, so we certainly need our representatives to speak up for us.

But masks seem so trivial. I wouldn't fight over it but then I don't have to. It is not mandated in my state but the schools and business in my area require it.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I was listening to the cnn debate between the 2. Take a listen. You will be amazed at Paul’s inconsideration.
I'm afraid you'll have to link this because I googled CNN Fauci Rand Paul and all I got was CNN articles about today's hearing and months-old hearings.

12,722 posts, read 7,567,076 times
Quote:
I am more concerned with Fauci's showtime antics and his unwillingness to speak honestly about the science around this.
You mean unwilling to say what you want to hear regarding science.

2,925 posts, read 3,089,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Fauci has been caught many times with his mask off when he thought the cameras were off. He is just about the limelight. So is the CDC director Walensky.
He's not the only one. How many times have we seen and heard all kinds of folks on the TV telling us to wear masks. While they aren't.

Hasn't any one seen these folks donning a mask supposedly off camera just before they enter, say the Press Room (where the cameras are), just to take it off with great ceremony for the cameras before they start to speak? I should say how many times have you seen this? I know it is plenty for me.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:17 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
going back to my last post

"What evidence is there that the variants have infected anyone who has been vaccinated?"

"What evidence is there that anyone in the US who has had the virus has been infected later with a variant?"
I think Dr. Fauci addressed this. He said that the variants haven't spread widely yet.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Yes. I agree.

Wasn't it President Trump who said if things were left up to the doctors they would shut down the world for a few years? That would be unreasonable, so we certainly need our representatives to speak up for us.

But masks seem so trivial. I wouldn't fight over it but then I don't have to. It is not mandated in my state but the schools and business in my area require it.
the absolute safest thing we could have done was shut the entire world down for 21 days, and then you had to stay at home until you tested negative over a 5-day period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies