Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 07:53 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,251,233 times

Advertisements

Eh men aren’t needed for reproduction anymore anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 07:56 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
Only goes to show humanity will be a blip of time on the earths radar.

All of our technical accomplishments will be our demise one way or another.
The dinosaurs walked the earth for millions of years. Are we doomed so soon?

Old 03-18-2021, 08:04 PM

2,138 posts, read 1,208,096 times
Default My new company: Bulky Traction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
It's worse than that.

PFOA and PFOS Cause Lower Sperm Counts and Smaller Penises, Study Finds.
https://mejo.us/men-be-very-afraid-pfas-and-your-penis/
Smaller AND slipperier?? That will increase the sales of padded ribbed condoms! invest now !!

Old 03-18-2021, 08:23 PM

1,174 posts, read 550,493 times
Quote:
The dinosaurs walked the earth for millions of years. Are we doomed so soon?
Dinosaurs didn’t create high technology/war/deceit/drugs/splitting the atom/plastics. Wait... what? are you asking why humans are doomed so soon?

The list is as long as train smoke.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:30 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Personally, I'd devote more time to the effects of changes in relations between the sexes and gender-bending than I would to any outcry from the later-day Luddites.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:41 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
I have been hearing the world is ending for the better part of the last 50 years.

I wonder what's taking so long for it to happen.

Old 03-19-2021, 12:35 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
I hate to break it you all, but the economic catastrophes will come much sooner than the negative climate changes!!

You have to wonder, if they are saying around 20 yrs left...whats the point of our children going to college, or trying to prepare for their future? They wont have one!

I think, (if this is true), it will become more and more apparent over the next few years, and the economic disasters will actually be whats brings us down, its inevitable...

However I just wonder if news will be 'suppressed'...in an attempt to put this off or delay the disasters...thats a real possibility. There are FEMA regulations in place that restrict certain news/information to the public...if the potential of the news causing a panic, Govt does have the ability to 'alter or suppress' information.

Old 03-19-2021, 01:04 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
The Guardian is a respected, factual news source, but a little left-leaning in its choice of subjects.

And the issue of sperm count has been known for years.
Yeah. Testosterone levels seem to be going down. Young guys these days are less masculine and not as hairy as they were 25 years ago. I don't know about smaller penises.

Old 03-19-2021, 01:39 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
It's worse than that.

Every so often, I will chase the rabbit trail - and I did on this.

Maybe if they had studied actual men, it would be relevant - but they didn't. They studied 383 boys in high school. They aren't fully baked yet.

Why are they doing reproductive studies on minors involving the quality of seminal fluid, testicular volume, and penile length? What are they doing with this?

Here's the study...

EDCs Androgenic Activity Perfluoroakyl Substances

Old 03-19-2021, 01:59 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
It's worse than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Every so often, I will chase the rabbit trail - and I did on this.

Maybe if they had studied actual men, it would be relevant - but they didn't. They studied 383 boys in high school. They aren't fully baked yet.

Why are they doing reproductive studies on minors involving the quality of seminal fluid, testicular volume, and penile length? What are they doing with this?

Here's the study...

EDCs Androgenic Activity Perfluoroakyl Substances

I'm reading through this study... again high school kids... I didn't know what AGD was until I read this.

Anogenital distance (AGD) is a measurement from...

...the posterior base of the scr-tum to the center of the anus. The participant was placed in a supine, frog-legged position with his thighs at a 45deg angle to the examination table. In a subset of 50 randomly chosen participants, AGD measures were performed twice by the same technician, and then blindly by the second examiner.

Did the parents know about this? I would be flipping out about this. And none of the kids got paid for this.

What are they studying again... the affect of Teflon, which has been around for decades, on the reproductive system... in 383 high school kids? Really?

Un-freaking-believable...

I think the thread title is appropriate for this "research".

Last edited by DRob4JC; 03-19-2021 at 02:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies