Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 08:19 AM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
The Trump Org. (to be real, President Trump) squeezed as much as it could from the tax payers. For example...

... this from the Washington Post (08/27/2020):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...381_story.html

Some excerpts:
Are secret service supposed to have free rooms, no matter where in the world they travel?
Are presidents and secret service supposed to stay in Super 8's for $39 a night?
Maybe they should stay in Super 8's....maybe Biden* will set a trend. ha.

Were you outraged when it cost secret service $2.7 million in just August, 2016, to stay at Martha's Vineyard to watch over Obama? Or when the Obama's went to Hawaii for a short Christmas vacation and it cost secret service $1.8 million to stay there?

Idk, Trump Org charging "rates as high as $650 per night for rooms at Mar-a-Lago and $17,000 per month for a cottage at President Trump’s club in Bedminster, N.J." sounds pretty darn cheap compared to what it cost secret service for Obama.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:27 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Do You Remember When All The Fanatical Trump Haters Were Claiming That Trump Was Using The Presidency To Enrich Himself?

It's true. He famously bragged that he would be the first man to run for president and make money at it.

What he didn't count on was that people would find out what a reprehensible jackass he is and stop patronizing his establishments.

That didn't stop him from grifting like a true flim-flam man. He famously blew out the Secret Service budget in billings from his own clubs. He interfered with the rebuilding of the FBI building because of it's proximity to his hotel. He even diverted Air Force flights to support his property in Scotland.

In his "pay to play" scheme he gave preferential treatment to foreign countries who booked rooms and events in his properties. This had a profound affect on our policy vis a vis Saudi Arabia.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:30 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Give Trump $10 million and he'll turn it into $5 million. He wasted the majority of his inheritance and had to declare bankruptcy multiple times. He is up to his eyeballs in debt to Deutsche Bank.

The Apprentice was not real life. Trump is not a good businessman and he did use the presidency to enrich himself. He may not have much to show for it now, but that's because he is The Biggest Spender.
Donald Trump has never declared bankruptcy. Get an education.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:38 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Where do you get that figure?
Trump loves you berdee. A lot. So much he might even give you a free MAGA hat, but never expect much more than than in return.

It's folks like you who keep his pockets lined and his private airplane flying. He's counting on your lifelong loyalty.

Old 03-21-2021, 09:01 AM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Trump loves you berdee. A lot.
Lol, I bet you think Biden* loves you. I don't know why people like you feel they need to love and be loved by politicians.

Quote:
So much he might even give you a free MAGA hat, but never expect much more than than in return.

It's folks like you who keep his pockets lined and his private airplane flying. He's counting on your lifelong loyalty.
So you don't know where that figure comes from either? Why quote it then?

I don't have or want a MAGA hat. I'm not really into campaign 'stuff', and, I don't feel like being beaten by rabid leftists simply for wearing it.

Biden* is counting on your lifelong loyalty ... well, up until he replaces you with easier to control people. and he's working on that as we speak.

Old 03-21-2021, 10:36 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
No one outside the inner circle of the privately- held Trump Org knows what Trump was or is worth. It is known, wealth and values have been exaggerated when it comes to bragging rights and when financing is needed and understated when it comes to taxes.

The global pandemic impacted hotel occupancy rates and ballroom events around the world.

Most people could not afford to stay at luxury hotel properties before the pandemic. Those who can have many choices.

Old 03-21-2021, 11:16 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Lol, I bet you think Biden* loves you. I don't know why people like you feel they need to love and be loved by politicians.

So you don't know where that figure comes from either? Why quote it then?

I don't have or want a MAGA hat. I'm not really into campaign 'stuff', and, I don't feel like being beaten by rabid leftists simply for wearing it.

Biden* is counting on your lifelong loyalty ... well, up until he replaces you with easier to control people. and he's working on that as we speak.
Nope, not at all.
I never want the folks I vote for to love me at all. I want them to do the job they're asking to have, and if I feel they can do it, I vote for them.

Biden isn't counting at all on my loyalty. He's trying to do the right things for the nation as he sees them to be, and I agree with his view on them. He doesn't have to control me, but he couldn't if he tried.

Your relationship with Trump is not at all the same as mine is with Biden. We both know it, but I have no need to try to disguise mine, and you want to disguise yours. Why is that?

Old 03-21-2021, 12:46 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
He has donated his entire Presidential salary. He didn't take the job to make money. He took kit to fix the country and he was on his way to doing it. History will judge him well.

Old 03-21-2021, 01:21 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
He has donated his entire Presidential salary. He didn't take the job to make money. He took kit to fix the country and he was on his way to doing it. History will judge him well.
That's called sleight of hand.

Quote:
Watch me donate my salary folks but don't watch what my other hand is doing over there.
He gave a smidgen to gain a cr@p ton.

Old 03-21-2021, 02:06 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Apparently he inherited $413 million. You do know million is less than billion, don't you? If he received only millions and is now apparently worth billions, how was the money wasted?
The Apprentice apparently was his big source of revenue for many years. Trump could have just put his inheritance in the stock market and be better off today. In fact he would have $18 billion
Quote:
Please show where Trump filed personal bankruptcy.

You do know that the bankruptcies that were filed were to reorganize and to not just walk away. right?
Bankruptcy is a indicator the business is not doing well. He is incorporated so of course he is not going to file for personal bankruptcy.

Quote:

Apparently he has a $340 million loan. That really isn't much to a person/company that is worth billions, you know that right? Why do you fear loans? Are you that bad with money matters?

When he became president he and his company owned 500 businesses. These are businesses that are owned, not from leases/leasing his name, owned. Ever hear the old adage "it takes money to make money"? Naturally a business owner, even with just one business, needs to spend money on it. Why do you hate/fear business?

No doubt Trump is a wealthy guy and has had mostly successful businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies