Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 10:59 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Therein lies the problem ,whose idea was it to call white rock guitarist blues artist in the first place?
Now they call it "Blues Infused Music." ZZ Top and the Allman Brothers were great bands they didn't need to be called Blues. Today the same music is Blues.

Most genres of music encompass a range of styles.

Who says white folks don't get the Blues?

This notion that any color of people "own" a musical genre...... or even SHOULD own a particular style of music is just plain stupid.

Rock evolved from the Blues, so it's only natural that rock should influence the Blues in return.

And if you think white boys can't play and sing "real" blues.....

Y'all need to check out some SRV.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 04:19 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The car wsn't FROM the show -- it was a pretend one.

Seems he realized it wasn't appropriate but just didn't get to covering it up.

oh well -- he'll be down an award.
Who says it isn't appropriate? You?

Doesn't matter if it is from the show. It is paying tribute to a harmless show in the south.

Maybe there should be some freedom of speech, but I guess the leftists want us to all fall in line as they see fit. They sure hate freedoms.

Old 03-20-2021, 04:21 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Who says it isn't appropriate? You?

Doesn't matter if it is from the show. It is paying tribute to a harmless show in the south.

Maybe there should be some freedom of speech, but I guess the leftists want us to all fall in line as they see fit. They sure hate freedoms.
They got the Senate, the House and the White House. Their appetite is unlimited. I should know; I'm an extremely liberal Democrat.

Old 03-20-2021, 04:26 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Kenny Wayne Should should tell the Blues Foundation to take a hike and embrace his Southern Rock fans. Tell me this is not Southern Rock.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CMJiHcfWRW0

Old 03-20-2021, 04:44 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
I haven't heard his name in a LONG time.

Old 03-20-2021, 04:46 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Black people are not behind this. That's all I wan't to say.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:24 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Black people are not behind this. That's all I wan't to say.

Of that I have no doubt.

There is nothing more authoritarian than a "well meaning" white liberal.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:00 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
"let me tell you why you must be offended by something that's never offended you before"...lol. That's how it goes these days but I'm not sure how it's helping anyone but the grifters.

Old 03-21-2021, 02:21 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Most genres of music encompass a range of styles.

Who says white folks don't get the Blues?

This notion that any color of people "own" a musical genre...... or even SHOULD own a particular style of music is just plain stupid.

Rock evolved from the Blues, so it's only natural that rock should influence the Blues in return.

And if you think white boys can't play and sing "real" blues.....

Y'all need to check out some SRV.

Right. No one owns any particular style of music and no less than Albert King one of the greatest originators of the blues was wowed by Stevie Ray Vaughan and they became good friends in the early 80's. No small feat as Albert was somewhat notoriously caustic and not the easiest man to get close to.

And here is a quote from B.B. King about Stevie "I've said that playing the blues is like having to be black twice. Stevie Ray Vaughan missed on both counts, but I never noticed."

Another fun fact is that Kenny Wayne Shepherd got to sit side stage at the age of 7 and watch Stevie Ray play as his Dad was a promotor for that particular gig. This is where KWS's inspiration came from to play himself.

Old 03-21-2021, 02:47 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Ha!!!! The Left has its panties all twisted up over a car that's a replica of a car from a TV series?? Wow!! I'm not a fan of the Confederate flag, but I don't think it proves or disproves if a person is a racist or not.

This is nothing but another example of why the United States will soon be a failed country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies