Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 10:04 PM

34,267 posts, read 19,270,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
I can't say that him donating his salary or not donating his salary would change anything that I think about him. Maybe if he never mentioned it and later after his presidency it came out that he was donating his salary to veteran's groups and cancer research or something, well that would be one thing. It isn't going to make me think more or less of a president if they do or don't forgo their salary though, especially when there isn't a large expectation from the public that they do so.
I would argue that the pay rate should be much higher. Its sort of shameful to me how low it is compared to most of the people they deal with within our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 10:15 PM

632 posts, read 320,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
By the way, you're wrong yet again.

Donald Trump boasted on Monday that he's the only other president besides George Washington to forgo his paycheck — but history is not on his side.
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...-salary-053366
Yeah, does google not exist in the alternate reality that a lot of CD users live in?
While reading the thread I thought 'I wonder what other presidents have donated their salary? Is it a common thing? Do all of them do it? Or is it more modern?' I kind of skipped over that part of the OP that said Trump was the first to do it in hundreds of years but seeing who the OP is means I would've been right to question it had I seen it.
Right off the bat I got results about JFK donating his entire presidential AND congressional salaries, Herbert Hoover donating his salary because he decided early on that he didn't want to accept compensation for public service to avoid being perceived as corrupt, and Obama making donations during his time in office that totaled up to about 78% of his salary during that same time.

It's just so blatant that it's almost funny.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:19 PM

17,376 posts, read 6,728,418 times
Quote:
Maybe he'll donate it to the Trump Foundation. Oh, that's right, the Trump Foundation was forced to shut down due to fraud.
I think he should donate it to the sycophants who shill for him non-stop on online message fora. I'll bet you agree.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:26 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,046,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I think he should donate it to the sycophants who shill for him non-stop on online message fora. I'll bet you agree.
No, actually in the spirit of bi-partisanship and reconciliation I think he should donate his salary to a charity that would be of benefit to Trump supporters. Such as the National Institute of Mental Health.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is the leading federal agency for research on mental disorders. NIMH is one of the 27 institutes and centers that make up the National Institutes of Health which is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:29 PM

Quote:
No, actually in the spirit of bi-partisanship and reconciliation I think he should donate his salary to a charity that would be of benefit to Trump supporters. Such as the National Institute of Mental Health.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is the leading federal agency for research on mental disorders. NIMH is one of the 27 institutes and centers that make up the National Institutes of Health which is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Try telling us a lie we can believe. You would allow nothing less than a donation to the Iranian mullahs, the ACLU, or the Southern Poverty Law Center. We all know how radical you are from reading your posts here. You would not suffer a donation to the NIMH, although I agree it would be a good one.

Neither of us need to worry about Biden donating a penny of his salary to anyone but himself. He's no Donald Trump.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:31 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,217,368 times
Quote:
We are all rich liberals. We don’t need it. I’ll bet you agree. I do like your aclu suggestion. Ok, I’d pass through to them.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:33 PM

632 posts, read 320,470 times
Quote:
He's no Donald Trump.
Of course he's no Donald Trump; he was able to win the last election.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
Of course he's no Donald Trump; he was able to win the last election.
LOL, sure he did. And he got 80 million votes, millions more than the first black President. That's all right, let's see how it goes in 2024 when you don't have a pandemic to mask the widescale fraud that happened.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:37 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,217,368 times
Quote:
LOL, sure he did. And he got 80 million votes, millions more than the first black President. That's all right, let's see how it goes in 2024 when you don't have a pandemic to mask the widescale fraud that happened.
I don’t think Biden will run. I don’t think trump will run either.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:39 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,046,635 times
Quote:
Try telling us a lie we can believe. You would allow nothing less than a donation to the Iranian mullahs, the ACLU, or the Southern Poverty Law Center. We all know how radical you are from reading your posts here. You would not suffer a donation to the NIMH, although I agree it would be a good one.

Neither of us need to worry about Biden donating a penny of his salary to anyone but himself. He's no Donald Trump.
The ACLU is okay. They've been consistent free speech advocates for all political stripes since their founding. On the SPLC I'm agnostic to indifferent. And the Iranian mullahs? If you think I support the Iranian mullahs then you know nothing of my political beliefs. If you've gone through my posting history you know this. Show where I said I support the Iranian mullahs and I'll donate $100 to your favorite charity (as long as it isn't the Trump slush fund).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies