Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 05:33 PM

14,938 posts, read 12,132,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
They look like the corn I wrapped in foil and threw on the grill last night.
I was thinking a bunch of foil wrapped leftovers piled on shelves in the fridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 05:35 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
They look like the corn I wrapped in foil and threw on the grill last night.

I was going to say baked potatoes.

No child should be used and abused by politicians hoping to sway future elections the way these children are.

Democrats are ****ing reptiles! (apologies to reptiles)

Old 03-22-2021, 05:39 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakadinhi View Post
And when do you propose this would happen ?

The Biden administration would assume that it's accepted policy and would not put an end to the "new status quo" and just expect Abbott to keep "finding" new venues to house the migrants. "Here's the money... continue on..."
The crisis is staring them in the face and they have no inclination to change course but to deny the obvious.

So your solution to throw money at the situation to relieve it is for a STATE government to accept the process to continue on, because Biden's Administration has no intent to stop the process. Where would it end for Abbott ? Better to create the resistance early than open the floodgates... even though the flood is upon them. Abbott's finger is trying to stop the flood of fed money

And if you say "But he told them to not come" as to stop the migration... then ...
...Abbott is refusing to take federal funds. This is where we are now. He needs to stop playing political games with human lives and accept the money, deal with where we are today. This isn't an idealistic thing, this is a practical humanitarian issue with the people stuck at the border right now.

Biden needs to roll back a bit on open borders, regardless of ideology until better accommodations are found. I know neither side of the isle will do what I'm saying (because politics comes above humanity in this country), but that's what I personally think should happen

Old 03-22-2021, 05:39 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes. There was an incredible story of a mom giving birth, and she wanted her baby born on US soil.

So when the baby was about to drop out, she scaled this really tall fence and dropped over the other side, and the baby was born.

That's some grit, there, really.
Grit? I certainly hope you aren't admiring this person. I'm sure she and her baby were given medical attention, courtesy of the American taxpayer. As well as her new little American citizen getting all the benefits she can suck up. When are people going to remember that parasites weaken their host?

Old 03-22-2021, 05:40 PM

22,461 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes. There was an incredible story of a mom giving birth, and she wanted her baby born on US soil.

So when the baby was about to drop out, she scaled this really tall fence and dropped over the other side, and the baby was born.

That's some grit, there, really.
So, she violated our immigration laws by scaling a fence meant to keep out illegal aliens. Plus it was incredibly stupid of her to have done that. She's lucky that she and the baby didn't die in the process. "Some grit there"? Oh, please! Most pregnant women do all they can to keep their baby safe in the womb. This woman did no such thing.

Old 03-22-2021, 05:43 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
...Abbott is refusing to take federal funds. This is where we are now. He needs to stop playing political games with human lives and accept the money, deal with where we are today. This isn't an idealistic thing, this is a practical humanitarian issue with the people stuck at the border right now.

Biden needs to roll back a bit on open borders, regardless of ideology until better accommodations are found. I know neither side of the isle will do what I'm saying (because politics comes above humanity in this country), but that's what I personally think should happen
Why should Abbott accept federal money to solve a problem that Biden created? If Abbott had his choice, the wall would continue to be built and the stringent immigration policies Trump put in place would still be in effect. Biden wants to make Abbott accept responsibility for the care of these illegals...but the feds are already bussing them all through Texas and beyond. Dallas is already is getting 3,000 of these 15-17 year old kids from Honduras, Mexico and Guatemala.

Old 03-22-2021, 05:48 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Why should Abbott accept federal money to solve a problem that Biden created? If Abbott had his choice, the wall would continue to be built and the stringent immigration policies Trump put in place would still be in effect. Biden wants to make Abbott accept responsibility for the care of these illegals...but the feds are already bussing them all through Texas and beyond. Dallas is already is getting 3,000 of these 15-17 year old kids from Honduras, Mexico and Guatemala.
Because making human being suffer just to make some political point is horrible

Old 03-22-2021, 05:50 PM

449 posts, read 194,854 times
Quote:

He's not playing political games, he's doing what's RIGHT for his STATE. He was elected by Texas voters and that's his first priority... to those who put him into office. He didn't instigate the issues forced upon him, and his allegiance is to protect those who he feels are at harm in his STATE. To not do so would be negligence. He has no allegiance to those forced upon him and who furthermore could cause harm physically and economically to those who elected him.

Old 03-22-2021, 05:52 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,025 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? I didn't say the images were doctored. I said Project Veritas is a right wing propaganda source that has manipulated things in the past. They did the same with this by not once mentioning that Abbott is refusing federal aid. I disagree with Biden's administration on this. I also am saying Abbott is equally at fault, given he's refusing help to fix this.

Take the partisan blinders off for a minute.

try again. I am responding to the thread created.

Do you understand why Governor Abbott refused federal aide?

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03...rants-testing/

Abbott seemed to make clear Thursday that he was not interested in the federal offer. He argued in a statement that border security is “strictly a federal responsibility,” and thus the Biden administration alone should “test, screen, and quarantine” migrants who may have COVID-19.
“Instead of doing their job, the Biden Administration suggested it did not have the sufficient resources and, remarkably, asked Texas to assist them in aiding their illegal immigration program,” Abbott said. “Texas refused.”

Abbott is correct. It's Biden's responsibility to send federal employees to undertake testing of the illegals pouring over our border, not state and local employees. They have to do their own jobs and testing the illegals takes them away from the duties they were hired to do. It also endangers those employees by unnecessarily exposing them to the virus.

Old 03-22-2021, 05:58 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
absolutely he did....and then raised minimum wage so they think they will all get $15 and hour

Biden: "I would, in fact, make sure that there is, we immediate surge to the border, all those people seeking asylum they deserve to be heard, that's who we are, we are nation that says if you want to flee and you are fleeing oppression you should come."
All that is saying is that they deserve a hearing. Give them a hearing nay or yay, and wrap it up. That is what most people have been asking for. Under no circumstances state that you will be separating children from their parents as a deterrent to asylum seeking abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies