Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 05:36 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
You can do your own research, but here is one article that will support my theory here -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-slavery-laws/

I think the illegals crossing the border has a reason on purpose. Many reasons, but one of them is cheap labor. We continually hear the leftists say "who is going to pick your crops if not the illegals because they take jobs Americans don't want".

So America was guilty of importing blacks for slavery a couple hundred years ago. It was an accepted norm/way of life in the south and actually in some parts of the north. Now today we are hearing their ancestors rail against slavery back then.

But here we are doing it today - with the illegals crossing over. If they are being imported for one reason being cheap labor - isn't that like slavery back in history? They are being considered as working for bad wages, and such like that. How come people don't see that today, they should be outraged. In fact, if you had an ancestor who was a slave, you should be the first in line NOT to vote politicians and presidents who believe in it. You would be protesting and screaming that they are being treated as just cheap slave labor.
You cannhave freedom , good living conditions etc but without that job you wil be reduced to nothing.

As political systems evolved,Slaveryhas also evolved from physical to psycological . We just wat happened to the wirld if corporations cut jobs and spending and how govt rules nearly finished off the small businesses during covid. While big tech continues to thrive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 07:37 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
how about this - so maybe not "slavery" as one person pointed out how horrid slavery was a few hundred years ago, but this -

the illegals/migrants are being exploited for cheap labor. They are being imported for cheap labor AND potential Democrat voters. That's just two reasons.

I'm actually talking about the mentality that people have that treats these people as objects for cheap labor and exploitation.. they are being used for nefarious reasons. And it was the Democrats who actually did bring about the original slavery that happened in the 1600's USA,, the Republicans were the ones to free them. But thats an aside.

I'm talking about the mentality that thinks treatment of people being used for nefarious reasons was the same as the ones who thought it was normal for blacks to be treated as chattel and i hope we are not setting us up for that same mentality where in 200 years people will look down at us and think we were horrid people just like we look back on history and think those people in the south were horrible for mistreatment and bad usary of humans.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:54 AM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
What's to be an American? you mean to act Anglo?

Well, Angry person. If we stop the demand of drugs and the high demand of cheap labor so you can have your endless drugs, cheap food, cheap services, nannies, babysitters, cooks, housekeepers, pick up our fruits and our vegetables and landscapers for cheap they wouldn't come. You think the U.S. government gives things for "free"? Maybe, if we hold accountable our government and our foreign policy in South and Central America that are part of this mess they wouldn't come at a high level. You play checkers and I play chess. This is a bigger problem than just saying the liberal way. When your wealth is 100 times more than your neighbors and they are hungry, guess what? they are coming to your house with your permission or not. Especially when you have your boot on their necks.

Stay Classy my friend.
I'm American Indian, Apache little basket to be exact, scholar. To be American is to give all for your Country not to take everything being offered and then leave. No one is forcing anyone to come here. They are actually dying to get in.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:37 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm American Indian, Apache little basket to be exact, scholar. To be American is to give all for your Country not to take everything being offered and then leave. No one is forcing anyone to come here. They are actually dying to get in.
Holier than thou Right wingiers think patriotism is pattented to them.

I m sure you think even democrats are not patriots

No borders for international businessmen.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:49 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
Quote:
The vast majority of families are coming from the so-called Northern Triangle countries: Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador.
People are fleeing right-wing dictatorships backed by the US, the ones Trump called "****holes" and the ones where Clinton staged coups to install. Those society has degenerated into lawlessness from the death squads backed by the government and industry to prevent labor reforms. Wherever the CIA-backed death squads are used, you start seeing the formation of private militias and gangs as people seek protection. These private groups also take part in criminal activities to raise funds.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:09 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Frederick Douglass stated the following: "experience demonstrates that there may be a slavery of wages only a little less galling and crushing in its effects than chattel slavery, and that this slavery of wages must go down with the other."

Cicero in ancient Rome stated "the very wage [wage laborers] receive is a pledge of their slavery."

Wage slavery was a widely used and accepted term until the 20th century. The illegals really are in that category. If they object to their poor wages or treatment, their illegal status can be used against them to keep them in line.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:12 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Its cheap labor but it is not slavery as practiced in the US.
To claim that illegal immigrants don't miss paychecks by companies who exploit them, is just being dense.

It's 100% slavery. Trump was even accused of not paying workers.

Liberals, you can't claims massage parlors are full of Asian sex slaves then deny that illegal immigrants aren't exploited for free labor. Either we have slaves in America or we don't.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:15 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
To claim that illegal immigrants don't miss paychecks by companies who exploit them, is just being dense.

It's 100% slavery. Trump was even accused of not paying workers.

Liberals, you can't claims massage parlors are full of Asian sex slaves then deny that illegal immigrants aren't exploited for free labor. Either we have slaves in America or we don't.
Thats my point, i either see it as slavery (my 1st thought) or perhaps "exploitation"..

but worse is, the rest of the public who is tolerating it, or thinking it is ok to do that.. or else ignorant of the repercussions and consequences to the people being exploited like this.. its the same mindset as was in 1600 - 1863 slave owners. I am afraid we might be doing the same mindset, the ones who are ok with using/abusing illegals/migrants as cheap labor.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:24 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,360,590 times
Financial slavery in Third World still happens every day.

Even chattel slavery still exists in parts of Africa.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:37 AM

13,450 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Do you consider yourself an Apache first or An American? both are not the same thing. Your tribe existed way before the word U.S. American. So which is it?

Since you are a scholar. The Apache tribe had a lot of land before it was taken from them and cornered your tribe in wastelands call reservations. . Is that what you mean to give all for the country that took your land in the first place and be treated as a 2nd class Citizen and then treat others like they treated your tribe? Is that how you guys run your reservation camps down there in Arizona?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies