Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2021, 02:53 PM

8,759 posts, read 5,055,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
From the CDC link in my post at #87:

This Order exempts the following categories of persons:
- A child under the age of 2 years;
- A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, because of the disability
as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.).

- A person for whom wearing a mask would create a risk to workplace health, safety, or job duty as determined by the relevant workplace safety guidelines or federal regulations.

Autism is a recognized disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sounds like a lawsuit to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 02:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
Everyone has a right to assemble peacefully. In a public park, in a stadium, on a an airplane, on a bus.

The “ right” of the Airline Company can not over rule the Constitutional Rights of the citizens unless it can be shown that there is a defined risk. There is a defined risk of injury by not wearing a seat belt.

There isn’t any defined risk based on suspicion that someone may have a disease. If that was the case, why were people allowed to fly previously without masks, during flu season, or at other times ?
Airplane is private property.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
so if a stranger walks up to you and grabs your privates, you're okay with it? Your daughter too?
I have flown thousands of times, and at one point, multiple times a week. I have never been touched let alone grabbed, assaulted or raped by TSA

Guess some people have all the fun.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Where does the constitution authorize the fed govt to oversee, restrict, or regulate travel?
Surely people took trips back in the day.
Where does it say, it can’t?

Pre Covid, there were 16.5 million flights / year departing from or landing at domestic airports. 1 billion + passengers.

What could possible go wrong?

Old 03-23-2021, 03:09 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
I certainly am not. Suspicion holds no weight at all.
Suspicion has nothing to do with it. What I said you were making up is:

"An airplane is private property that is being used in the process of the Assembly of people."

If I have private property, I don't have to allow you to assemble on it, regardless of the 1st amendment.
If I own a bar, I can prohibit you from bringing a gun into my bar, regardless of the 2nd amendment.
If I own a business and you are an employee, I can fire you for screaming obscenities at the customers, freedom of speech notwithstanding.

The Bill of Rights tells us what government can't do, not what private citizens may or may not do. "Congress may pass no law..."

Old 03-23-2021, 03:18 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
But, this particular federal "law" (mask mandate) is not in conflict with the ADA... it specifically exempts to comply with the ADA.
The federal mask mandate is not at issue. The airline has a policy that masks must be worn. The policy might conflict with ADA. I guess it depends on whether there was any reasonable accommodation that could have been done.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:31 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
The federal mask mandate is not at issue. The airline has a policy that masks must be worn. The policy might conflict with ADA. I guess it depends on whether there was any reasonable accommodation that could have been done.
as of Febriuary 1, The Biden mask mandate superceded all previous airline policies that don't comport with it.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:38 PM

19,027 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Throw the flight attendant, the "captain," the airline CEO, the cops that responded, all of them straight into gitmo, lock the door and walk away.
Another comedian on CD?
Sure, let's allow a kid to become infected / infect others because he can't comply.
The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many.
Yeah-right.
Your right to liberty ends where it can damage the person, liberty, or property of another.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:37 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Another comedian on CD?
Sure, let's allow a kid to become infected / infect others because he can't comply.
The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many.
Yeah-right.
Your right to liberty ends where it can damage the person, liberty, or property of another.
well humans pass viruses. for the most part we survive these viruses because we have an immune system. by your logic then no one should be around another person because there is always potential to pass this virus. I always find that quote the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many interesting. I believe individual rights are more important than collective rights. you might say this is selfish but it's not when individual rights are protected then everyone is protected when the group decides what the minority must do then the minority loses its right for the good of the majority.

guess what if you are not committing a crime you should be able to do whatever you want. I am not responsible for your health. nor is anyone else responsible for my health. this virus has a 99 percent survival rate and you want people to block their breathing holes like a *****.

for the most part, passing a virus is not deliberate. we live with viruses we should not take away rights by telling businesses to shut down because someone might get sick. Do you know who lost their rights there? it was the businesses that were either forced to shut down or limit restaurant capacity breaking into their profits. the government has no right to shut down businesses.

if I don't want to wear a mask which does not protect against this virus its my right. by your logic then no one should ever see another person again because there is always risk. viruses are apart of life and if you nerf life because you want to be a ***** then life is not worth living.

what you said is so unamerican. we are a constitutional republic. we don't have a full democracy because in a full democracy 51 percent will decide what the 49 percent do.

if you become rich then you should give all your money to the poor. the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. sounds like communisim to me.

https://theobjectivestandard.com/201...ds-of-the-few/

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 03-23-2021 at 05:31 PM..

Old 03-23-2021, 04:45 PM

929 posts, read 304,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Suspicion has nothing to do with it. What I said you were making up is:

"An airplane is private property that is being used in the process of the Assembly of people."

If I have private property, I don't have to allow you to assemble on it, regardless of the 1st amendment.
If I own a bar, I can prohibit you from bringing a gun into my bar, regardless of the 2nd amendment.
If I own a business and you are an employee, I can fire you for screaming obscenities at the customers, freedom of speech notwithstanding.

The Bill of Rights tells us what government can't do, not what private citizens may or may not do. "Congress may pass no law..."
But they ARE allowing people to assemble, therefore , they must adhere to the Constitutional Rights of the citizens. There is no “ except if “ in the Bill of Rights.

The child is not armed, nor an employee.

The same garbage was tried in NY by Cuomo regarding Church attendance. The SCOTUS smacked him down. These “ Executive Orders” Mandates, are mostly unconstitutional. There hasn’t been enough money behind the ability to take on the Government. Individuals have difficulty “ fighting city hall”.

The ACLU is missing in action. American’s Rights have been trampled on for a year. The individual has little recourse because of the complexity , cost and gymnastics needed to fight for your Rights.

Ever notice how fast cases come up for Government issues? If Congress or the Swamp needs a case decide, it is days sometimes hours. the ordinary citizen? Take a number. See you next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies